September 2, 2014 | 1664 users online

Cleansers - Estee Lauder - Soft Clean Moisture Rich Foaming Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2014 9:19:00 AM More reviews by Rachel1234

THIS IS NOT DISCONTINUED! Estee Lauder discontinued this for a matter of a few months in 2013 and so many people complained that they brought it back! Yay!

I have used this cleanser off and on for many years, and although I keep trying other cleansers, I keep coming back to this one because I L*O*V*E the thick, rich, creamy foam this cleanser creates from just a tiny pea sized amount. It feels sooooo soft and luxurious, but at the same time this cleanser effectively removes all my makeup, including eye makeup and mascara. It rinses clean, does not leave any residue, and never makes my skin feel stripped or tight. It leaves my skin feeling clean, soft and balanced. It's perfect!

I use this by itself with warm water and just my hands, and also I use this once a day with my Clarisonic. It works supremely well with my Clarisonic, creating a beautiful rich frothy lather. I don't know about anyone else, but I LOVE lots of foam and lather in my cleansers .... I have no idea why ... I just have to have it! I guess a nice lather just feels so cleansing, purifying and good. :)

Anyway, I was sooo bummed when I read that Estee Lauder had discontinued this cleanser, but sooooooo happy when my local SA told me that they actually brought it back! This is really good stuff, and I hope they never change the formula, hike the price or attempt to discontinue it ever again! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2012 3:06:00 PM More reviews by kiaboo1980

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this! This is an incredibly creamy, yet foamy cleanser that doesn't dry or irritate my skin. It does have a strong fragrance, but I'm not bothered by it. What's nice about this is that it is sulfate and soap free. It gets its foaming ability from an amnio acid, which is very mild to the skin. Although it's supposed to be for dry skin, I think it works better on sensitive, oily/combination skin. I have oily/combination skin that's easily dehydrated and it works just fine for me. It gets my skin clean and removes excess oil, so those with dry skin may get a little tight from it. I only use the smallest amount on my Clarisonic, literally a smudge, and the lather that's created is INSANE. Although the cleanser costs $20.00, it could easily last a year. I'm very happy with this cleanser and will definitely purchase this again.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2012 12:30:00 AM More reviews by JPSarkany

This was recommended to me by a friend, whom is an esthetician and has -perfect- looking skin. I've been using it every other day (mostly as a makeup remover - gets everything off and gentle enough to use around the eyes) and I really love it. You only need a TEENY TINY bit to get the job done so it goes a very long way. I believe I've used half in the last 4-5 months. Lathers up easily, creamy, rich, and very moisturizing. Diminished my acne within a few days and my skin has never been softer. Very gentle with a pleasant, feminine sent. The packaging is great as well, easy to open in the shower. You can also cut it open towards the end to get every last bit.

Definitely recommend to dry//combination/acne prone skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2012 9:59:00 PM More reviews by leung

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Received this as part of a gift pack. Was excited to try it as it seemed like a moisturising cleanser. I should have guessed not given it is a foaming cleanser. It strips oil from the face and leaves it too squeaky clean and tight. Not my kind of cleanser. I like Decleor's gel cleanser best.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2011 9:09:00 PM More reviews by katrosado5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am 50 yrs old with mature combination skin. I do not have dry skin, yet my skin is no longer as oily as it was.

This works fine. I will keep using it. I use it twice a day and it doesn't over dry my face and it washes clean without residue. ( I switched to this from Lacome Crème Radiance because the Lancome left a residue that I did not like the feel of on my face).

I use waterproof foundation from time to time and when I do I will use a cold cream to take the waterproof foundation off. This cleanser emulisifies the cold cream and removes it completely without stripping and drying out my skin.

I have no complaints about this product, it performs as advertised.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2011 5:04:00 PM More reviews by mi2092

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have combination skin. I got this because I tried the splash away (blue tube) at my gf's place and it was too drying. Thinking this one should be better for my skin type since it's for dry skin. I didn't like it at the beginning. Since I got pregnant I moved to the south. Not far, just a couple hours from where I used to live. Here is a couple degrees warmer. It shouldn't make a big different but I don't feel as dry living here. So I started using the same bottle I put away. It's feels much better this time. Not as drying anymore. the fragrance is still there and still annoying but I'm getting use to it.
It's very rich and foamy. Rinse off easy with no residue at all. A pea size is enough to clean the whole face EVEN with make up on. And I like how thick it is so it doesn't slide off you hand when it's wet. Therefor this is truly an "a little goes a long way" product. $20 a tube is not a an issue. Because it's good quality and it last for a long long long time! Seriously, I've been using it every night for 3+ months and I think I only went through 1/3 tube.
Some people complaint it's too hard to get it out of the tube because of it's thickness. I feel the same way but again, the thickness is one thing I like about it.
I would recommend it to someone with combination to oily skin. But first off all, make sure you are NOT allergic to fragrance! It's very strong.
By the way, I did made a not so positive comment at Estee Lauder website a while ago. But when I went to edit it, it's gone... Ummmm. Strongly recommend reading MUA comments rather than their official website.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2011 2:36:00 AM More reviews by amyalwaysbella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is very expensive in Australia, but after getting it as a GWP I will definitely be buying again. It feels so smooth and nice and smells beautiful. It gets off every little bit of makeup and leaves my skin feeling soft. It does a much better job of removing makeup then the EL make up remover does! This is the best cleanser I have ever used and the price tag is the only thing that makes me unhappy about it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2011 1:03:00 PM More reviews by joeyemma

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Let me start by saying this product is recommended for dry skin, however I have combo skin. I would never had even tried it out, however I forgot my cleanser whilst staying away and my mum had a GWP of this. Its really rich and concentrated, you only need a pea sized blob. I foam it up on my hands before using it to wash my face. It is really rich and creamy, however rinses clean, without leaving a greasy film on my face or drying my skin out.

It looses a mark though as the packaging is really annoying. It comes in a tube, however the product is so rich and thick that it is impossible to get out. I literally have to squeeze it against the wall to get it out. I wonder what it'll be like when it gets to winter and the bathroom gets cold.

Update 31st Jan 12- I've been using this since the start of Sept 11 and still have about 1/4- 1/3 of the tube left. The lid has snapped off the tube, which means I can't travel with it either.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2011 2:49:00 PM More reviews by threejane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this as a GWP so I can't comment so much on the price. It's a great foaming cleansing that will clean off all your makeup, even the stubborn, hard-to-remove waterproof mascaras that defy ordinary cleansers. You don't need much for a foam that cleans your entire face. I knocked off a lippie because the perfume-y fragrance is overpowering, even in the shower, and I don't know if *that* much perfume is good for your skin. However, all around it's a good cleanser that gets my skin clean and doesn't dry it out.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2010 10:31:00 AM More reviews by Mandibulo

This dried up my skin to no end. It was bound to happen though, since it's a foaming product. Seriously, who puts foam in a cleanser intended for dry skin? Whatever lathers is a no-no for us people. Dry skin gets drier by a)foam, and b)water. Both inevitable with this. No matter what moisturizing properties it claims to carry, it just doesn't make sense. And by the way, I didn't find it moizturizing at all. Ok obviously you don't expect to get your daily portion of moisture out of a cleanser, but at least you'd expect there would be some provision for dry skin somewhere in there, however small. Well there was none - there was never a time when my skin felt drier and tighter and more flaky. What it does do, is remove makeup pretty good, although I found it irritating for the eye area. Would not repurchase.