Lancome Juicy Rouge - Taffy

4.1

on 2/20/2010 7:55:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I have had a bunch of these Juicy Rouges in my stash for awhile and pulled out Taffy today. The packaging is very pretty but it seems like (when I've used these in the past) they run out pretty quickly. However, this is a beautiful MLBB sheertone lipstick with lots of silver/gold microglitter. I can see how the glitter would be a turn-off to some, but personally I LOVE how when the lipstick wears off you have a sprinkling of glitter left. It's just pretty. Anyway, I checked and you can still score these on ebay for about 10 bucks each.

on 11/4/2007 2:26:00 PM

This is a very pretty neutral (rosy pink with a touch of brown) but it's ruined by all the silver glitter they threw in. Yes, the glitter (NOT shimmer) makes your lips all fun and juicy-looking, but they get everywhere and silver glitter all over your chin is definitely not attractive. If they took out the glitter, I'd be happy, since the color, texture (smooth and creamy) are great, but as it is, I would not get any more of this line of lippies.

on 2/24/2007 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love Lancome Juicy Rouge lipsticks. They are a cross between gloss and lipstick. I love the subtle shimmer they have. It brightens your whole face. Taffy is the best color; a rosy pink with a slight brown undertone. I reach for this color everyday with Paulas Choice lipliner in Mocha underneath. Lasts all day.

on 8/28/2006 11:34:00 AM

I used this at my wedding and was very pleased. The color was great--MLBB, very natural-looking, but with a lot of sparkle which made my lips look very plump and brightened my skin (medium-ish asian). The texture was nice and I didn't notice any strange taste or smell. I felt it was too sparkly for everyday (I don't wear a lot of makeup during the day). My only complaint is that the sparkles sometimes would end up on other parts of my face, but otherwise I loved this lipstick. I am using the past tense because I have since lost this lipstick and have yet to replace it, but I do plan on purchasing again.

Taffy is a sort of MLBB shade;it's a mauvey pinky nudish color that's littered with tons of sparkles.Unfortunately the glitter prevents it from being a true "MLBB" shade.I love the small skinny tube these come in;however the refelective/holographic silver it's made of can be a bit harsh on the eyes.I thought it was cool the first time I saw it but quickly got tired of it.It's annoying but it does make it easy to find in a mu bag.The juicy rouge formula itself is great.It tastes deliciously fruity and is very moisturizing,and it has great staying power.Your lips look fuller.I'd repurchase,but in a different shade :)

on 10/23/2005 4:36:00 PM

I LOVE juicy rouge! Taffy is a very pretty pinky-purple shade with sparkles, and sheer enough for everyday. Juicy rouge is CRAZY expensive. I also have it in sweet nectar(beautiful), grenadine(sheer pinky with sparkles-yum!) sorbet(reddish pink with gold undertones-Love!) and Nala(sheer orange-looks jucy and fruity on). All are super shiny, beautiful, taste great, last quite awhile and have gorgeous packaging. They are *whoa* over $30 CAD each with tax!! I can't believe I've bought five-I don't want to think about how crazy that is! Please get them if you can afford it, but I am not advocating what I did-sacrificing food money for these, then letting my boyfriend buy the food for two weeks all on his own ;) I am crazy for that, but that's how good these are!

on 10/19/2005 7:57:00 PM

Okay, this is in super cute packaging, and it's really pretty in the tube. It's a very neutral light/medium pink with silver sparkles. However, on me (very yellow and warm), the color and the silver sparkles were just a little too cool. I felt like it was a touch too obvious for my tastes. It really plumped up my lips though.

on 5/21/2005 1:34:00 PM

This is a great lipstick with the shine of a gloss. I love the baby pink with silver sparkles and how sparkly and pretty it looks on my lips. This is probably my favorite from the Juicy Rouge colors - great summery lip color that's not over the top.

My only complaint is that the sparkles tend to stay on your lips once the lipstick is gone, so I usually use Aquaphor on my lips before applying.

on 3/10/2005 11:50:00 PM

Ooohh...Juicy Rouge in "Taffy" is sweet just like its name! What dewy, luscious lips it makes! A baby rose-mauve w/a hint a silver-so pretty. Only rant is the formula is so soft that it smooshes too easily and doesn't keep its shape in the twist tube for long. Since the color and formula are awesome, I improvise and apply it w/a lipbrush and all is well. >^,,^<

on 10/13/2004 1:30:00 AM

I love this color. This is a pale mauve with tons of sparkle. I've bought probably 6 of this line, it's almost the only stuff I can wear at work these days (busy, no time to reapply gloss or sheer lipstick.) This lasts for hours and hours, has a great nondrying texture, looks sheer and glossy and sparkly, and did I mention it's long-lasting? YLBB with a bit more mauve than Rose Sorbet, though it's pretty close to that color. The drawback- SOOO FRIGGING EXPENSIVE. And tiny. Bleh!

Popular Lipsticks