April 20, 2014 | 1724 users online

Makeup Brushes - Smashbox - Powder #1

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by akneil

LOVE LOVE LOVE.
I found this at Winners for 18.99, I saw it a few feet away from me and leaped to it like I was in a marathon. SCORE.
Such a great brush, no fallout of the bristles, washes well, very soft. Picks up product well.
It isn't very dense, its more on the fluffy side.
Overall a really great brush, and if you can find it discounted, even better! I'm not sure I would have paid full price for it though. Not because it's not good, because it's awesome, but because it's listed at $48 online and I just can't afford to spend that much on a brush right now. But hey, that's why I love Winners.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2012 10:39:00 AM More reviews by ilovejp

This brush is brilliant. I have this and also the face and chhek brush which is a lot more dense. I prefer this for applying bronzer and highlighter as it is a lot easier to apply a light dusting and i often find the face and chhek brush to be too heavy. I would definitely reccommend!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2011 6:39:00 PM More reviews by jessadores

I love this brush. I've had this brush for over two years and it still looks brand new, works the same as when I first got it and feels super soft. Absolutely no problems with the ferrule becoming loose and I deep clean once/week.Works like a dream. Occasional shedding but it's very minimal.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2011 3:51:00 AM More reviews by swedgal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this brush recently from the Smashbox website for half the original price and I am very glad I did. I needed a big soft brush to apply finishing powder and I got tired of the scratchy BE brush I had. This brush is very soft and works perfectely with loose powder (tried with mineral veil and MUFE HD powder) but I had to take away one lippie because both with first wash and first use it had some shedding, nothing extreme, just 2 or 3 hairs and that is ok given how much I paid but had I paid full price I would have been quite upset.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2011 12:03:00 AM More reviews by carissarose

I got this brush in a limited edition set a few years ago, it is white bristled, with a clear handle. I assume they are the same thing, since it says it is the #1 brush. Needless to say, this brush is amazing quality. I've had this brush since around 2007, and it's still going strong. This was the first 'real' brush I bought when I first got into makeup. It is slightly stained, since I admit I didn't wash it as much as I should have when I first got it. But this brush has not shed ONE hair since I bought it, not one. It is so incredibly soft, dense, doesn't scratch my face, and is lasting a long time. I'm used to having to throw out brushes after about a year or so (ahem, Sigma) even with daily cleansing and weekly deep cleaning, but I can't see myself getting rid of this brush anytime soon. Since the handle on mine is clear, the handle is shot to hell with scratches, and you can barely read the name of the brush anymore (more-so due to my lack of TLC when I first purchased), but that is not what's important. I prefer this brush for blush or bronzer, as it is quite fluffy and is good for lightly diffusing product on the face. Good quality brushes will last you years, and this proves it to me after having it and all the other brushes that came in the set for the past 3-4 years. Good job smashbox.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2010 6:14:00 AM More reviews by Bindi7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is such a lovely powder brush. I've had my brush for a few years and have not used it recently, but the brush is really good quality, soft and so easy to use. I used to use mine for powder and mineral foundation and the effects were great. I stooped using it because i kept trying other brushes in my quest for the best powder foundation brush... which for me is Lancome mineral foundation powder brush - AMAZING x

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2010 11:09:00 AM More reviews by Charlyn7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best powder brush I've ever owned. I don't understand how there could be negative reviews for this brush!:) I love it because it is so incredibly soft and it seems to be getting even softer with age. Also, if I really swirl this brush in my powder foundation, it really holds a lot of product and disperses the powder beautifully. I'm tempted to buy another one as a back up but this one seems so well made that I'll probably never use the backup!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2010 4:07:00 PM More reviews by briii

i have a really big brush collection and this is one of my brushes that never gets used. i got this with a brush set and i dont use any of them. they are not good quality at all and this one just does not feel good on my face. there are so many better powder brushes out there. i wouldnt waste the money on this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2009 3:35:00 PM More reviews by carmenners

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This brush is one of the first brushes I had purchased from Smashbox. I initially used this brush to apply my powder foundation until I bought the #19 from Smashbox. It was okay as a foundation brush, but didn't really blend in the powder foundation. Now, I use it to blend my blush in when I applied too much. Probably would not repurchase this brush due to the price and the fact that I don't have much use for it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2009 3:16:00 PM More reviews by meganmomoney

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was my first high quality brush ever and I still love it. The quality is amazing and the natural bristles are super soft and fluffy. This brush is so useful. It is perfect for applying bronzer, powder, or any all over face products. I've had it for like 4 years and it is still in perfect condition.