Bobbi Brown Extra Balm Rinse

4.1

Glycerin, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Limonene, Polyglyceryl-10 Behenate/Eicosadioate, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Polyglyceryl-3 Beeswax, Peg-10 Sunflower Glycerides, Glyceryl Stearate Se, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Polydecene, Beta Carotene, Potassium Stearate, Benzyl Alcohol, Linalool, Anise Alcohol, Citronellol, Aminomethyl Propanediol

Extra Balm Rinse is an expensive way to cleanse skin, however that is precisely why it is so luxurious to use. This is a really thick, dewy, dense balm (a bit like lemon marmalade in texture) that is applied to dry skin. It is basically a cleansing balm. In that case, you would apply it right over dry skin, over stale make-up, massaging in nicely until all of it is melted and loose then you would add water to emulsify into a milk, then wash off. No greasy after feel what so ever. It just a pleasure to use and smells of freshly squeezed navel oranges. It is a packaged in a glass jar which looks just gorgeous on my vanity but isn't exactly travel friendly which is they also have an Extra Balm Rinse to go in tube form. Please don't drop it you will be sorry. After I have used up the extra balm rinse I wash out the jar and transfer a basic cream like Oil of Olay or Cera Ve moisturizing cream and transfer it into the jar. To use a bedside hand cream. It is is too beautiful to throw away.

Looking at the ingredient list it is very high in limonene so definitely not for those who have sensitive skin or who react to strongly fragrant product which this is. I am usually against overly fragrant products however if it is only in a cleanser and only in contact with skin for a few seconds and to be washed away it is fine. Limonene causes contact dermatitis in some people, some.

You can use a foaming cleanser after this, you don't have to, just those who feel they need a more thorough cleanse can do so.

Would definitely purchase again. Makes a great gift.

on 11/18/2014 1:08:00 AM

Bought this product after I read postive reviews on the internet from its users. I use it after taking off my makeups by BB Cleansing Oil as my MASSAGE CREAM. 2 cherry-sized dollops of this balm goes long way. I warm it in my palm first and then gentlly apply it all over my face. Different facial massage moves/strokes, I can feel that it gets warmer on my face and the aroma of the balm make the whole experience so enjoyable. After 15 mins of massage, I rinse it off by using cold water and it comes just effortless. The product leaves my skin so soft and relaxed... It's such a treat.

on 6/2/2014 5:27:00 AM

This is amazing if you have dry to very dry skin...very moisturising and deep cleansing. Bought it for my mother who suffers from extremely dry skin and red patches. She says its fantastic. Tried it myself and I like it but it contains orange oil a bit too stimulating for my slightly sensitive skin...oh and that's why this product is NOT for use around the eye area. The BB sales assistants should have pointed that out when you were purchasing....I noticed a lot of people using it to remove eye makeup on the reviews. I was told when buying it its not suitable for removing eye make up you must use a separate remover

on 4/12/2013 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I have only given this product 4 stars because it doesn't completely remove makeup like mascara. Having said this, it is probably one of the nicest cleansers that I have ever used for my very dry and sensitive skin. The packaging is very luxurious looking and displays nicely in my bathroom which is something I like. I use other products from BB and I think that this is one of my favourites just because it makes my skin so soft after use and doesn't clog pores or cause breakouts. I think if you don't mind maybe using a seperate eye make up remover and have dry skin that needs constant hydration, then this is a good choice. Oh and also if you don't mind spending a few $$$ as it is very expensive but will however last 9 months to a year. I will buy again and also recommend to others with my skin type.

on 9/15/2012 7:54:00 PM

I have very dry skin and use multiple products from Bobbi Brown's Extra Repair line. The balm rinse cleanser I was interested to try. The consistency is unlike any other cleanser I have tried - similar to vaseline with a mild citrus smell. You only need to use a small amount to cleanse the face so the jar should last a long time.
When first applied it has an almost oily feeling and as you spread it on your face a warming sensation occurs which is unusual but not at all uncomfortable. I find that this is satisfactory in removing most makeup but if you have a lot of makeup on you will struggle to remove everything (it failed with waterproof makeup but that was a given). It definitely has good moisturising properties and my skin is not at all tight or dry after cleansing. I love this cleanser and would cough up the money to repurchase (AUD$120).

on 8/20/2012 4:20:00 PM

Got this as a present. Have to say, it smells gorgeous, it feels gorgeous and i love it! it's very dear though.

I use this with my clarisonic mia and they go hand in hand. I apply it, massage it in with circular upward motions and let it sink right into my skin to get the full effect, then use my clarisonic to remove it.

If you like cleansing balms you'll enjoy this, albeit very pricey you do get 200 mil and it lasts forever.

on 3/25/2012 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I loved the smell and feel of this cleanser - also the heavy glass - it felt so luxurious. But expensive - I bought the whole BB skincare line. I guess I could do as the salesclerk told one reviewer and just buy the cleanser. After using, my skin felt clean and moist.

on 3/25/2012 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Cons:
Doesn't rinse clean, unless you use a muslin/facial cloth with it
Doesn't get all my makeup off by itself
Need to use a lot or you'll be tugging on your skin
Heavy bulky glass container
Very expensive

Pros:
Moisturising

on 2/8/2012 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

The scent got me! Feels really refreshing, and my face feels super clean after using it. But I took it whit me to a hot climate and it felt really hot on, I stopped using it until I came back home. I'm not crazy about the packaging, it is too big and too heavy. I probabbly won't repurchase since it is so big it will last a long time

on 12/11/2011 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my new HG cleanser--absolutely LOVE it! I have very dry (think flaky dry), super sensitive, rosacea skin that is prone to breakouts. Lovely. Cleansers tend to either be much to harsh for my skin--causing terrible irritation and dryness, or they simply encourage breakouts--more often the former though.
I stopped by the BB counter to buy some eye shadow (love the cream shadow!) and got talked into this--left feeling a bit unsure of the purchase. Was even more unsure the first time I used it--the consistency is so thick and strange--cleansing dry skin? After a couple of uses--I was totally sold!
I've been using it for about a month now--love the fresh smell, adore how moisturizing it is and even like the consistency! This cleanser is amazing for dry skin!

Update: Unfortunately, after using this for a while, my sensitive skin began reacting badly. It got red, itchy and generally unhappy. I had to stop using :(