November 26, 2014 | 1130 users online

Cleansers - Bobbi Brown - Extra Balm Rinse

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2014 1:08:00 AM More reviews by beautyice

Bought this product after I read postive reviews on the internet from its users. I use it after taking off my makeups by BB Cleansing Oil as my MASSAGE CREAM. 2 cherry-sized dollops of this balm goes long way. I warm it in my palm first and then gentlly apply it all over my face. Different facial massage moves/strokes, I can feel that it gets warmer on my face and the aroma of the balm make the whole experience so enjoyable. After 15 mins of massage, I rinse it off by using cold water and it comes just effortless. The product leaves my skin so soft and relaxed... It's such a treat.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2014 5:27:00 AM More reviews by Luvky223

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is amazing if you have dry to very dry skin...very moisturising and deep cleansing. Bought it for my mother who suffers from extremely dry skin and red patches. She says its fantastic. Tried it myself and I like it but it contains orange oil a bit too stimulating for my slightly sensitive skin...oh and that's why this product is NOT for use around the eye area. The BB sales assistants should have pointed that out when you were purchasing....I noticed a lot of people using it to remove eye makeup on the reviews. I was told when buying it its not suitable for removing eye make up you must use a separate remover

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2013 11:30:00 AM More reviews by kay0702

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have only given this product 4 stars because it doesn't completely remove makeup like mascara. Having said this, it is probably one of the nicest cleansers that I have ever used for my very dry and sensitive skin. The packaging is very luxurious looking and displays nicely in my bathroom which is something I like. I use other products from BB and I think that this is one of my favourites just because it makes my skin so soft after use and doesn't clog pores or cause breakouts. I think if you don't mind maybe using a seperate eye make up remover and have dry skin that needs constant hydration, then this is a good choice. Oh and also if you don't mind spending a few $$$ as it is very expensive but will however last 9 months to a year. I will buy again and also recommend to others with my skin type.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2012 7:54:00 PM More reviews by racmal01

I have very dry skin and use multiple products from Bobbi Brown's Extra Repair line. The balm rinse cleanser I was interested to try. The consistency is unlike any other cleanser I have tried - similar to vaseline with a mild citrus smell. You only need to use a small amount to cleanse the face so the jar should last a long time.
When first applied it has an almost oily feeling and as you spread it on your face a warming sensation occurs which is unusual but not at all uncomfortable. I find that this is satisfactory in removing most makeup but if you have a lot of makeup on you will struggle to remove everything (it failed with waterproof makeup but that was a given). It definitely has good moisturising properties and my skin is not at all tight or dry after cleansing. I love this cleanser and would cough up the money to repurchase (AUD$120).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2012 4:20:00 PM More reviews by samuellewis

Got this as a present. Have to say, it smells gorgeous, it feels gorgeous and i love it! it's very dear though.

I use this with my clarisonic mia and they go hand in hand. I apply it, massage it in with circular upward motions and let it sink right into my skin to get the full effect, then use my clarisonic to remove it.

If you like cleansing balms you'll enjoy this, albeit very pricey you do get 200 mil and it lasts forever.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2012 1:19:00 AM More reviews by Rarukaye

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I loved the smell and feel of this cleanser - also the heavy glass - it felt so luxurious. But expensive - I bought the whole BB skincare line. I guess I could do as the salesclerk told one reviewer and just buy the cleanser. After using, my skin felt clean and moist.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2012 12:03:00 AM More reviews by ninadg2

Cons:
Doesn't rinse clean, unless you use a muslin/facial cloth with it
Doesn't get all my makeup off by itself
Need to use a lot or you'll be tugging on your skin
Heavy bulky glass container
Very expensive

Pros:
Moisturising

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2012 11:02:00 AM More reviews by LSButtercup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

The scent got me! Feels really refreshing, and my face feels super clean after using it. But I took it whit me to a hot climate and it felt really hot on, I stopped using it until I came back home. I'm not crazy about the packaging, it is too big and too heavy. I probabbly won't repurchase since it is so big it will last a long time

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2011 1:51:00 PM More reviews by aewhalen

This is my new HG cleanser--absolutely LOVE it! I have very dry (think flaky dry), super sensitive, rosacea skin that is prone to breakouts. Lovely. Cleansers tend to either be much to harsh for my skin--causing terrible irritation and dryness, or they simply encourage breakouts--more often the former though.
I stopped by the BB counter to buy some eye shadow (love the cream shadow!) and got talked into this--left feeling a bit unsure of the purchase. Was even more unsure the first time I used it--the consistency is so thick and strange--cleansing dry skin? After a couple of uses--I was totally sold!
I've been using it for about a month now--love the fresh smell, adore how moisturizing it is and even like the consistency! This cleanser is amazing for dry skin!

Update: Unfortunately, after using this for a while, my sensitive skin began reacting badly. It got red, itchy and generally unhappy. I had to stop using :(

rated 1 of 5 on 10/30/2011 10:30:00 PM More reviews by Inyoung

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product upon recommendation of my best friend. She has very sensitive and super dry skin. At the time, I was fed up with my cheeks being SUPER dry and trying a lot of different cleansers/moisturizers that I gave in and went to Nordstrom to buy this balm. Anyways...about my own skin...I have combination skin. An oily t-zone (not super oily, but it does get oily throughout the day) and dry cheeks.

This balm did nothing for me...quite literally. I returned my cle de peau cleanser because it was $70 and the tube (although it was tall) you had to get a lot of product for you to take off all of your makeup...but it did work. I think it would probably take around 2 months to use up all of it...and I didn't think it was worth it! So I tried this balm! It's expensive, but after all the raves my BFF told me, I had to go buy it.

I went to the Bobbi Brown counter and was assisted by the manager of the counter, telling me it would definitely work for me and my dry cheeks. She applied it on my hand and showed me how I would use it....I bought it. I got home, expecting it to take off my makeup and be my cleanser, and it did not work. When it came to using my toner, I found that there was a bunch of makeup still on my cotton pad...other than that, my face still was super dry.

Not only did the balm not cleanse my face, remove my makeup or help my dry skin, but I don't like the container...super heavy and hard to travel with...I can see that breaking with one wrong turn! I'm also sure it's not hygienic to take out the cleanser that way...does anyone really use the spatula? Definitely did not work for me! I will stick to my simple Cetaphil cleanser and if I get tired of that, I will return to my cle de peau one, despite the price...at least it does what it's supposed to do!