November 28, 2014 | 1623 users online

Gels/Soaps - Philosophy - Strawberry Ice Cream 3-in-1

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2011 6:23:00 PM More reviews by rynamyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I haven't tried any of Philosophy's other strawberry scents but I am disappointed in this one. It smells like an artificial, candy-like scent instead of actual strawberries or strawberry ice cream.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2010 5:05:00 PM More reviews by Zevie

Smells identical to strawberry milkshake. It's an artificial strawberry scent with some creamyness- just like a fast food strawberry milkshake. It moisturizes well, smells good, and leaves my skin really soft. I love using this as a shower gel. This isn't the best shampoo in the world but it's fine as long as I condition well afterwards. Unfortunately, like all philosophy 3 in 1s, it sucks as a bubble bath. But if you're in the market for a dessert smelling body wash, this is a great one.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2005 1:25:00 AM More reviews by perpetuallycute

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I generally LOVE Philosophy 3-in-1's but this one is awful. When I first took a whif of it, it reminded me of that hersheys strawberry syrup - then I took another and it just smelled fake. Moreso than the syrup. If you're looking to try one of the 3-in-1s, definately check out cinnamon buns - its fab!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2005 1:11:00 AM More reviews by becky5300

This one was really disappointing. i got a sample size from ebay and after trying and loving Eggnog, Choc Chip Cookies, Banana Nut Bread etc, i was expecting to love this, but it's pretty awful. it smells like cheap strawberry flavour, with no detectable hint of icecream at all. won't be buying this again when there are much better Philosophy flavours

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2005 1:07:00 PM More reviews by ramonesbrat

Mostly, I thought this was a great product.

As a hair product, it lathered like a fabulous shampoo and left my hair conditioned perfectly. However, I have pretty oily hair, so I could see how those with drier hair types may not have enjoyed this as a shampoo/conditioner.

I read some drugstore.com reviews (before I found MUA, of course) on this product where reviewers complained that the strawberry scent was very artifical smelling, some even described it as smelling like plastic... And after a couple of uses I had to agree... It reminds me of old school Strawberry Suave smell (don't even try to pretend you didn't use Suave as a kid) but... with more of a plastic scent. I actually like the scent, and would purchase again, but it would not be my first choice scent from Philosophy.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/18/2004 11:15:00 PM More reviews by MiSsSsJeN

I got this as an early christmas gift and it smelled SOOO GOOD, unfortunately its breaking my face out when i use it as a shampoo! HELP! Lately my skin has been clearing up so well and now its all broken out again and i have to resort to Differin. I used VO5's strawberry & creme shampoo a few years back and I broke out terribly from that too, must be something they put in it :( :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2004 1:31:00 PM More reviews by Just_a_Hobby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

YUMMY! I wish I could eat this! This reminds me of homemade strawberry ice cream! YUM! I don't really use this on my hair, it's mostly a body wash for me. I would give this 5 lippies if the yummy smell stayed on me but it gets 4 just for smelling so good in the shower! I use this on a puff and it works much better than on a wash cloth. I can get more lather out of it in the puff. I still wish these came in pumps it would make it so much easier to use in the shower. I do use this for bubbles in my bubble bath and it works pretty good. I like this much better than the Strawberry milkshake. I did mix this with the Double Rich Hot Cocoa and YUMMY it smelled like Cocoa with a hint of strawberries!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2004 3:49:00 AM More reviews by swtscorpio

I find this one really interesting b/c I can smell the milk undertone. Kind of ingenious really. But I have to say it's not my favorite that I've tried and I will buy a different scent next time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2004 9:08:00 PM More reviews by Bonnie2842

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Mmm this smells so good I'm tempted to eat it! You only need a small amount to get a nice lather, and it leaves my skin very soft and moisturized.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2004 8:00:00 PM More reviews by atcannie

I bought this to use as a body wash only, and it is at best ok. The smell is great, and the color looks cute in my shower. I don't feel like it cleans very well, and it doesn't foam up enough for me (not like the Bath and Body Works creamy body washes do). I also noticed (gasp!) small blemishes on my body after using it.