November 25, 2014 | 1717 users online

Hair Treatments - The Body Shop - Africa Spa Hair & Body Honey Mud

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2006 1:17:00 PM More reviews by captodometer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product was terrible! I have natural, curly African-American hair: no color, no relaxer or other chemicals. It dried out my hair both times that I used it; I shed by the handfuls. This has honestly got to be one of the worst hair products that I've ever used. The clasp on the container isn't exactly user friendly, but at least the container is plastic instead of glass. The Africa Spa containers used to be made of glass. This was $26 wasted. Definitely wouldn't recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2005 More reviews by zubaresque

At first this product intimidated me...the strange color, the assertation that you should put mud in your hair and on your body in your own home, and the big price tag. However, upon opening the package, I fell in love with the scent...earthy-heavenly, not strong or sweet. As for the price, you get a lot of product (350 ml for $26, if I recall correctly), which cheaper than body butter, per ml. I took a sample home and tried it out. After shampooing, I put it in my hair, put on a cap, and went about other bathing activities. After rinsing out, when my hair dried, it felt fabulous. It felt completely revived, soft, and shiny. I bought a jar, and have been using it since. I will probably repurchase when i finish the jar. As for the jar, I prefer a screw-top, but the jar-like opening gives it a bit of character.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2004 11:00:00 AM More reviews by fundercat55

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is such a great treat to get your skin and hair soft and smooth. It has a clean, earthy scent. I like to smear it all over my arm, chest, and upperback and work it through my hair. Then I sit in the tub for about twenty minutes, then shampoo and wash. It leaves my hair soft and silky and my skin well conditioned. The packaging is a bit of a pain, but that is my only complaint.