Max Factor Creme Puff - Translucent 5

3.4

on 11/23/2014 11:59:00 AM

Urgh!!! Why, oh why did I buy this?! I was running out of my Mally poreless face defender and needed something quickly. I read the reviews on here and thought I'd give it a go. IT'S AWFUL!!!! Firstly, it stinks. It doesn't just smell, it STINKS of old people's homes. Secondly, it is so drying (and I have really quite oily skin) that it accentuates every tiny line and wrinkle on your face!!!! Also, the translucent isn't translucent, it's an orangey colour. Throwing it away won't work, I need to burn it and cleanse my make-up drawer of it's very existence!!!

on 11/10/2014 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love it!!!

I found this product to be very orange! I have very pale skin and I chose the palest colour and it was orange!

on 7/15/2014 8:43:00 AM

The shade says translucent but don't be confused, it's not a translucent powder! Its a very matt beige sort of color. I always finish my foundation routine by applying it over my t-zone or all over my face when I want a more matt look. It lasts for quite a while; if used on a good foundation it can last up to 8 hours! It's a must have for me!

on 3/9/2014 4:30:00 PM

This powder is not bad, lasts pretty long and fixes makeup but it's too noticeable on the skin and it's not good for daylight and everyday makeup but does the job for evening.

on 1/12/2014 2:30:00 PM

I like this product, i don't know why so many bad reviews. Its a sheer powder that sets foundation well but doesn't last all day on oily areas.

on 12/24/2013 5:24:00 AM

Total disaappointment. As it says "cream", it thought it was a creamy type of compact, but it just a waste of money. The smell is not pleasent either, it is strong and disturbing to me. NOT BUYING AGAIN!

on 11/9/2013 10:59:00 AM

Might have been falsely packaged, but my powder in the shade 005 Translucent is almost orange and totally covers my foundation, which is matched to my skin. The powder itself stays for varying amounts of time depending on the weather, it gives a nice finish (maybe a little bit cakey though) for about an hour, but it starts to melt or become patchy later on, at least on my combination skin. Since mine is so pigmented, the patchiness is really noticeable. I'd say slightly overpriced too, since it was about £8 where I bought it, but it does last for ages, since I got it about 3 months ago, used it almost every day because I can't afford a new good powder, and it's still almost full. On the plus side, the packaging is lovely.

on 7/17/2013 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

If you have skin thats oily,sensetive or with acnes dont use this product. Its a good cover and not so expensive,but it blocks your pores. I used it last summer and now i have dots/scars from acnes.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

The translucent pressed version of this powder is great, gives no colour but gives you an airbrushed look, it lasts very long and sets makeup well. However the smell was a bit weird and could of done without it, but once its applied you no longer smell it. My skin can be acne prone and it didn't make me break out which is why I gave it four stars instead of 3.
I would apply it with a brush rather than the sponge as it may come on too thick.
The packaging in my opinion is classy and elegant.

Packaging - ★★★★ (4)
Smell- ★★ (2)
Colour/overall appearance- ★★★★★ (5)
Kind to skin- ★★★★ (4)