December 22, 2014 | 971 users online

Pressed Powders - Max Factor - Creme Puff - Translucent 5

rated 1 of 5 on 11/23/2014 11:59:00 AM More reviews by babycat1973

Urgh!!! Why, oh why did I buy this?! I was running out of my Mally poreless face defender and needed something quickly. I read the reviews on here and thought I'd give it a go. IT'S AWFUL!!!! Firstly, it stinks. It doesn't just smell, it STINKS of old people's homes. Secondly, it is so drying (and I have really quite oily skin) that it accentuates every tiny line and wrinkle on your face!!!! Also, the translucent isn't translucent, it's an orangey colour. Throwing it away won't work, I need to burn it and cleanse my make-up drawer of it's very existence!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2014 5:00:00 PM More reviews by tinyicelandic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love it!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2014 10:31:00 AM More reviews by Georgiawalterxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I found this product to be very orange! I have very pale skin and I chose the palest colour and it was orange!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2014 8:43:00 AM More reviews by TiyaFab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

The shade says translucent but don't be confused, it's not a translucent powder! Its a very matt beige sort of color. I always finish my foundation routine by applying it over my t-zone or all over my face when I want a more matt look. It lasts for quite a while; if used on a good foundation it can last up to 8 hours! It's a must have for me!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2014 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Sandra1412

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This powder is not bad, lasts pretty long and fixes makeup but it's too noticeable on the skin and it's not good for daylight and everyday makeup but does the job for evening.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 2:30:00 PM More reviews by Wattsherface

I like this product, i don't know why so many bad reviews. Its a sheer powder that sets foundation well but doesn't last all day on oily areas.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/24/2013 5:24:00 AM More reviews by cnsyc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Total disaappointment. As it says "cream", it thought it was a creamy type of compact, but it just a waste of money. The smell is not pleasent either, it is strong and disturbing to me. NOT BUYING AGAIN!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2013 10:59:00 AM More reviews by CaraMeow96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Might have been falsely packaged, but my powder in the shade 005 Translucent is almost orange and totally covers my foundation, which is matched to my skin. The powder itself stays for varying amounts of time depending on the weather, it gives a nice finish (maybe a little bit cakey though) for about an hour, but it starts to melt or become patchy later on, at least on my combination skin. Since mine is so pigmented, the patchiness is really noticeable. I'd say slightly overpriced too, since it was about £8 where I bought it, but it does last for ages, since I got it about 3 months ago, used it almost every day because I can't afford a new good powder, and it's still almost full. On the plus side, the packaging is lovely.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2013 2:00:00 PM More reviews by aftereight

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

If you have skin thats oily,sensetive or with acnes dont use this product. Its a good cover and not so expensive,but it blocks your pores. I used it last summer and now i have dots/scars from acnes.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by marycakes224

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The translucent pressed version of this powder is great, gives no colour but gives you an airbrushed look, it lasts very long and sets makeup well. However the smell was a bit weird and could of done without it, but once its applied you no longer smell it. My skin can be acne prone and it didn't make me break out which is why I gave it four stars instead of 3.
I would apply it with a brush rather than the sponge as it may come on too thick.
The packaging in my opinion is classy and elegant.

Packaging - ★★★★ (4)
Smell- ★★ (2)
Colour/overall appearance- ★★★★★ (5)
Kind to skin- ★★★★ (4)