October 2, 2014 | 1842 users online

Blush - Christian Dior - Diorblush

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2013 12:27:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

This is a very nice blush. It looks and feels natural. For such an expensive product, however, the packaging is cheap. The plastic portion around one hinge broke, making it difficult for the plastic packaging to hold together. I would prefer less blush in a smaller, thinner, refillable metal container.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by semira01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is an excellent blush and I agree with all the raving reviews about it. The only thing to keep in mind is that it will not withstand any carrying, i.e. if you're carrying your blush with you better look for something else - this blush is very very fragile. I've taken it with me a couple of times, in the included pouch and it pretty much stayed in my sports bag in the car the entire day except for the 2 min walk from car-park to the gym and back and both times the blush looked rather sad when I opened it at home after my trip (see the photo attached). I never really carry my make-up with me so doesn't bother me, but if you do - keep that in mind before purchasing the blush.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2013 11:43:00 PM More reviews by kitchensink01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I am reviewing two different Diorblushes. The first is the Spring 2013 LE "Tendre Coral". This is a very sheer coral blush that tends to be pink toned than orange toned. I wear this as an everyday blush and apply it using a goat/blue squirrel blend brush. It is not possible to over-apply and is perfect for work. Multiple layering will be needed if using a pure squirrel brush. There is no obvious sparkles, it gives a nice sheen to my cheeks.
The second blush is the pink blush as part of the Summer 2013 LE Bronzer/Blush duo "Pink Glow". The pink blush is highly pigmented and looks very pink in the pan. However it does look like a healthy flush when applied to the cheeks. No perceptible sparkle. It doesn't take much to over-apply so I have to use a pure squirrel brush and slowly layer it. Of course, if I want a strong colour, the included mini kabuki brush (goat hair?) will do the trick and buff it in quickly too. The kabuki that was included is of a higher quality than the standard mini brushes included in the regular Diorblush compact.
Both Diorblushes are long lasting and I have makeup on for at least 12 hours. It did not slide or cake. It is very easy to apply if the correct brush is used. I've been using it for months and it hasn't even dented the powder in the pan yet. It's likely to last a very long time, hence I seek out LE blushes since the regular line blushes would be discontinued when I want to repurchase anyway. Having said that, the colour choices currently available look to be quite safe.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2012 8:05:00 PM More reviews by FlawedAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

These are some of the nicest blushes on the market. I am not a major fan of other Dior beauty products in general, but the blushes are fabulous. The texture is very soft and blendable, almost buttery, which is an odd way to describe a non-cream blush! The colours are diverse, with anything from vibrant pinks, to muted roses and natural peach shades. All of them come with two shades, one light and the other dark. You can use the shades for contouring and highlighting, or simply blend. The light shade sections all seem to have a hint of shimmer, which lends vibrancy and dimension, without looking glittery. I have found that even though I am quite pale (NW10) everything from the bright/cool Pink in Love to the soft, warm Peachy Keen is quite wearable for me. I think this is due to how buildable the colour is. Also I never have to reapply these during the day, which is nice because many lesser quality blushes simply disappear shortly after application. They are staples of blush collection and I find myself reaching for a Diorblush at least a few times a week. Definitely worth the $42.00 price tag as each one could last forever.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2012 10:14:00 PM More reviews by artemistzitzikilakis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Sugar and Spice: after having the lovely, sweet rose Strawberry Sorbet I decided to get a 2nd color blush. I chose Amour by Nars, but was soon disappointed: it was clownishly pigmented then disipated within two hours. Back to Dior and Sugar and Spice. It is a subdued terra cotta, not much orange in it. It reminds me a bit of Tarte exposed, but less muddy or cakey.It is a brown rose, but the brown is less muddy, the rose less bright. It could be worn with cool or warm colors. As wish all my blush wear, I start with Shisedo accentuating stick in Rosy Glow then apply blush over it, as did I with Sugar and Spice. Once more, a true 8 hour wear, beautiful texture, etc. I think Dior makes the best blush products and will not stray again. They do not have the color range of Nars, but they do have the essential colors, and the quality is far superior.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2012 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Magdalena

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have this in #919 Paradise Glow/Rose Tahiti, a pale cool pink that easily shows up on my skin (EL DWL Intensity 1.0, Lancome Teint Miracle Ivoire 1N, Revlon Buff). The "glowing" side has subtle silver shimmer that produces a whitish sheen when applied. The brush it comes with is pretty decent, and it's the only brush I use to apply this blush. It's big (7.5g), so it's good value for money; it lasts a long while.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2012 2:14:00 PM More reviews by conceal4ever

Dior makes the best powders. They are so finely milled and goes on your skin very smoothly and naturally. I have purchased Dior's blush a few times now and each compact lasts almost a year before I have to buy a new one (I use this every day).

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2011 8:12:00 AM More reviews by lilypink

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was thinking about looking for some more blush options, being unable to access my favourite Scott Barnes blush in the UK any more. I'd been using (in tandem with my precious stockpile SB) Chanel Joues Contraste in Rose Petale which is a very nice product but thought I'd look for something with maybe a hint less red in it. I tried DiorBlush in 'English Rose' by adding to my birthday list- big mistake as hubby bought two by accident (having forgotten he'd bought the first in duty free!). So here I am with two of these products, no receipts to return one of them, and despite being very impressed with the scores here, I'm very unimpressed with how it works on me! I'll use them up on 'down days' at home, but it's going to take me years).

So why don't I like it? Having been used to SB and Chanel which both cover evenly in an effortless fashion this grabs horribly so that I end up with a mottled effect, even over light powder, unless very very careful. It has a variable look in different lights also so it can look barely 'done' in one light only to look very garish and red in another light. The illuminating bit of it seems very unilluminating too..doesn't seem any different to the matte colour on me. Finally, and this seems to be an issue with many French brands, their idea of 'english rose' or any sort of Anglo Saxon or Celtic colouring is quite weird. This is too florid for a true pale English Rose complexion I'd argue...it could do with a bit more in terms of peachy undertones and less almost lilac-ey undertones.

I'm going to have a good look at other brands and see what else is out there...pondering Clarins peachy colour..but if all else fails I'll be back to Chanel methinks!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2011 2:29:00 PM More reviews by plrg

I have Passion Fruit and Rose Bud and loved it for the first few months. Then I found that out of the two shades in the compact, only the left one really deposits color. The right shade is supposed to be a highlighter, but 1) the first shade is already so glowy a highlighter is not necessary and 2) the second shade is incredibly hard and unpigmented. If you lightly press on the first and second shades, you can see that the textures are completely different. I really feel like they should do away with the second shade altogether and make the packaging less clunky. (Also, this is a personal pet peeve, but there are too many preservatives in such a pretty everyday blush!)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2011 6:09:00 PM More reviews by lilspeth

"A Touch of Blush" is my fourth Dior Blush in over 10 years because the stuff just lasts and lasts and there's just nothing like it. It is the only blush product I have ever used where I've actually used a toothpick to get at the last few crumbs!!!! Need I say more?
Thing is: great color that looks good on anyone that lasts and is almost goof proof. Few products stood the test of time with me but I have a feeling I'll be using this when I'm 90. Costly but worth every cent.