August 29, 2014 | 1703 users online

Concealers - Cle de Peau - Concealer - Ivory

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2014 9:48:00 PM More reviews by katkatkat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Im on my 4th tube of this product now... i keep getting it because i use it for my under eye circle, i want to get something that will not irritate the delicate skin around my eyes, however, this concealor is on the dryer side, it causes fine lines after a few hours. The staying power and coverage is good though. I am still repurchasing this because im not adventurous enough to switch in case another product would cuz allergy reactions. I find that it sits better when i apply it with my finger instead of a brush.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2014 8:39:00 PM More reviews by swtxdreams

My thoughts on cle de peau concealer: good coverage but cakey. I use it mainly to cover up spots. I did try warming it up first but I still thought it turned cakey very quickly on the skin. Wished I liked it though bc I was tried of looking for a hg concealer. Also, I think it broke me out a little bit but I'm not 100% sure it was the concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2014 2:16:00 PM More reviews by PilarR

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Somewhere on the path to turning 50, I became a woman who will spend $70 on a concealer. I still find that hard to believe. I will buy this over and over again, because it is the only thing that will cover all day the weird blue/brown shadows that my inner eye socket creates. I do not have dark circles under my eyes, and can even get away without concealer under my eyes. But Cle de Peau makes me look younger/fresher/happier/rested, just by neutralizing the darkness at the inside of my eye area. And, that is worth $70 per year, which is how long the stick lasts for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2014 8:41:00 PM More reviews by facetiousvirtue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the only concealer that I have repurchased three times now. I'm 36 and as long as I moisturize around my eyes before application, this doesn't settle into fine lines and hides my serious dark undereye circles.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2014 5:17:00 AM More reviews by Bippityboppityboo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this concealer in ivory. I tried it by running a small brush over the product and dabbing it on a blemish and... Ugh not matching my fair skin very Well. Great. I don't think using a brush is doing it any good. Dabbing my finger directly on to the product and then applying it to red areas was ok but nothing great. It is dry and thick, reminds me of my dermablend concealer. I am still going to experiment w it like maybe it looks better over the foundation which I bought as well. i just wanna know why it isnt working for me. It looks chalky -not smooth on my face. It's not staying on particularly long either! What, did I get an old one by accident? I don't understand why it only comes in four shades. I'm just so disappointed yet have not lost all hope-cause i feel like for all the hype theres gotta be a way to make it work. Ill update again after using a few more times

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 6:46:00 AM More reviews by aloha_bua

I've asian fair skin with yellow base undertone. Compare to other asian girls, my skin is "white" so Ivory suits best. I've tried beige, it works well under eyes area but not cheeks area, too dark.

Talking about Ivory, it seems too bright first I apply, but it blends well after I put powder on.

It lasts almost whole day without touch up. No caky, looks natural.

I've been using it almost everyday for the last 4 months and it just goes only half. Worth money I paid for.

Will buy it for sure!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2013 4:20:00 PM More reviews by SmellsLikeChanel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Yes, it really IS the best concealer for under-eye area. It's true. For reference, I have the older packaging, the ridged blue with gold accent. I have had this for YEARS and I have barely made a dent in it, and I use this pretty much daily. IMO, thats worth the money, especially because it is such an awesome concealer-- Arguably by many, one of the very best. It goes on SO creamy and smooth-- a good tip would be to rub some off with your finger from the stick and sort of warm it up while rubbing it onto your finger... it applies much nicer that way. Love it. Will always use it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2012 3:37:00 PM More reviews by korean

so after reading about this product in every mag i had to try it.
i got the ivory color, which is the lightest yellow-based color.
i got it online from nordstrom for about $ 70. It comes in a dark navy blue tube. the color match is pretty good for my face and did well covering blemishes, however not opaque enough for a sun spot i have. i'm fairly light in BE minerals. for my under eye area it did not crease and was good, but i think yellow base is not good for under eye, for better coverage i would get the color beige for the ender eye area, cause pinky salmon covers darkness better. it does have fragrance, which i dislike, it smells like shiseido products. all in all, it is a good product and i kept it for blemishes, cause i like the tube and the color was a good match. but i think i'm gonna try hourglass concealer in Pearl for under eyes.

update** Hourglass in colr Pearl is better than cle de peau for under eyes, but i still use this for blemishes

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/18/2012 3:43:00 AM More reviews by 00R00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hugely disappointed. This product has been on my radar for years. I finally took the plunge & ordered online, taking a punt on Ivory (I'm an NC20). So it arrives, and the first thing I can't help but notice is the cheap packaging - irrelevant to product performance but at this price something semi-Chanel would be nice, right? Unfortunately, Ivory is too peachy-toned for me. It looked like it would be a perfect match in the tube but once I applied it to my skin, it darkened and looked peachy/orangey. I feel the finish is a little powdery too. I prefer (and wish it weren't discontinued!) Maybelline Age Rewind concealer - in my opinion this product is superior to CLP concealer, not to mention a fraction of the cost. As I'm out of MAR & don't like CLP, I thought I'd try my Bobbi Brown Oil-Free Even Finish Compact as a makeshift concealer until I decide what next to try (I like Origins Quick Hide Concealer but it's almost impossible to buy now from NZ - I also like Mac Select Concealer so I may go back to that in the interim as it's more readily available) - and it's actually pretty great. Completely undetectable both colour (I'm Porcelain 0) & texture-wise. Hmmm, maybe I'll just stick with BB!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2012 3:08:00 PM More reviews by eiluj44

I have been wanting to try this and I found it a bit cheaper on ebay. It was still $$$$ but only around $60 as opposed to the $90 retail. I love it. I was trying to not love it. I smeared on my dark puffy eyes haphazardly right from the stick. I rubbed it in a little and it looked INCREDIBLE. I am definitely growing to see that you really do get what you pay for. My only consolation is that I'm sure the product will expire before I could use it all. You just need a dab. Now I look lovely and well rested and I'm pissed off.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No