Cle de Peau Concealer - Ivory

4.3

Squalane, Cyclomethicone, Kaolin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Paraffin, Sodium Magnesium Silicate, Polyethylene, Sorbitan Sesquisostearate, Carnuba, Mictocrystalline Wax, Water, Dimethicone Copoyol, Cholesteryl Hydroxsterate, Glycerin, Boron Nitride, Polysilicone-5, Tocoppheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Fragrance, Aluminum Hydroxide, Aluminum Disterate, Simethicone, Methicone, Ascorbyl Dipalmiate, Soy Sterol, Sodium Acetylhaluronate, Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Iron Oxides

on 3/3/2015 8:11:00 AM

Cle de Peau is big in Japan and I`ve purchased their concealer because every time I walk through my favorite department store here I`ve seen women trying this on and purchasing it. I see Japanese women doing their make up on trains and they always have a stick of this in their tool kits. What amazed me is when I saw a pock marked woman just casually smear and pat this on her scars and her whole look just becoming brighter and soft focused. Anyway, so I splurged and I was very happy with the results while I was on vacation in a tropical humid country: the stuff stayed put, it set wonderfully with loose powder, didn`t crease or sit in fine lines. However when I got back to Japan (and it`s cold and dry here), a different story: after one day of wear I was discovering fine lines and wrinkles I didn`t even know I had. Moral of the story: moisturize WELL in winter with this, or for me I simply go back to my other favorite Secret Concealer from Laura Mercier, which has a creamier, moisturizing consistency. For this price it ought to be better which is why I won`t repurchase.

I was very excited to try this and had high expectations, however, I don't feel that the product delivered to my standards (OR standards of a $70+ product....) anyway, the color was good, but i had to apply several layers under my eyes to cover the circles, and they were still kinda visible... also, the product got cakey and looked dry -- mind you, my under eye area is NOT dry at all and I don't have wrinkles. After a half hour i looked in the mirror and had to smooth it out (it sank into my VERY fine lines making them totally noticeable)... i had to do this several times within the few hours i had this on. I have used other products that work pretty similarly so i can't say this is by any means, a HG product. I did also play around with the coverage and products underneath, with still just OK results. It is going back to Nordstroms. i really like Cargo's HD concealer, i have gotten several comments on my "fresh" eyes with that product.

on 10/15/2014 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Eh. I was excited to try this based on the good reviews, but it didn't knock my socks off and for the price I thought it should. I wear Ivory and it's a tad orange on me - they need to make a better range of shades. While the coverage is decent, it's not quite as opaque as I would like (I used Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer before this, which is very heavy) and it also sinks into the fine lines under my eyes. All in all it's not a bad concealer, but for $75 it should have been life-changing.

on 8/25/2014 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Im on my 4th tube of this product now... i keep getting it because i use it for my under eye circle, i want to get something that will not irritate the delicate skin around my eyes, however, this concealor is on the dryer side, it causes fine lines after a few hours. The staying power and coverage is good though. I am still repurchasing this because im not adventurous enough to switch in case another product would cuz allergy reactions. I find that it sits better when i apply it with my finger instead of a brush.

on 7/25/2014 8:39:00 PM

My thoughts on cle de peau concealer: good coverage but cakey. I use it mainly to cover up spots. I did try warming it up first but I still thought it turned cakey very quickly on the skin. Wished I liked it though bc I was tried of looking for a hg concealer. Also, I think it broke me out a little bit but I'm not 100% sure it was the concealer.

on 7/18/2014 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Somewhere on the path to turning 50, I became a woman who will spend $70 on a concealer. I still find that hard to believe. I will buy this over and over again, because it is the only thing that will cover all day the weird blue/brown shadows that my inner eye socket creates. I do not have dark circles under my eyes, and can even get away without concealer under my eyes. But Cle de Peau makes me look younger/fresher/happier/rested, just by neutralizing the darkness at the inside of my eye area. And, that is worth $70 per year, which is how long the stick lasts for me.

This is the only concealer that I have repurchased three times now. I'm 36 and as long as I moisturize around my eyes before application, this doesn't settle into fine lines and hides my serious dark undereye circles.

I bought this concealer in ivory. I tried it by running a small brush over the product and dabbing it on a blemish and... Ugh not matching my fair skin very Well. Great. I don't think using a brush is doing it any good. Dabbing my finger directly on to the product and then applying it to red areas was ok but nothing great. It is dry and thick, reminds me of my dermablend concealer. I am still going to experiment w it like maybe it looks better over the foundation which I bought as well. i just wanna know why it isnt working for me. It looks chalky -not smooth on my face. It's not staying on particularly long either! What, did I get an old one by accident? I don't understand why it only comes in four shades. I'm just so disappointed yet have not lost all hope-cause i feel like for all the hype theres gotta be a way to make it work. Ill update again after using a few more times

on 4/14/2013 6:46:00 AM

I've asian fair skin with yellow base undertone. Compare to other asian girls, my skin is "white" so Ivory suits best. I've tried beige, it works well under eyes area but not cheeks area, too dark.

Talking about Ivory, it seems too bright first I apply, but it blends well after I put powder on.

It lasts almost whole day without touch up. No caky, looks natural.

I've been using it almost everyday for the last 4 months and it just goes only half. Worth money I paid for.

Will buy it for sure!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Yes, it really IS the best concealer for under-eye area. It's true. For reference, I have the older packaging, the ridged blue with gold accent. I have had this for YEARS and I have barely made a dent in it, and I use this pretty much daily. IMO, thats worth the money, especially because it is such an awesome concealer-- Arguably by many, one of the very best. It goes on SO creamy and smooth-- a good tip would be to rub some off with your finger from the stick and sort of warm it up while rubbing it onto your finger... it applies much nicer that way. Love it. Will always use it.

Top Rated Cle de Peau Products