April 19, 2014 | 1608 users online

Concealers - Cle de Peau - concealer-ivory

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2014 5:17:00 AM More reviews by Bippityboppityboo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this concealer in ivory. I tried it by running a small brush over the product and dabbing it on a blemish and... Ugh not matching my fair skin very Well. Great. I don't think using a brush is doing it any good. Dabbing my finger directly on to the product and then applying it to red areas was ok but nothing great. It is dry and thick, reminds me of my dermablend concealer. I am still going to experiment w it like maybe it looks better over the foundation which I bought as well. i just wanna know why it isnt working for me. It looks chalky -not smooth on my face. It's not staying on particularly long either! What, did I get an old one by accident? I don't understand why it only comes in four shades. I'm just so disappointed yet have not lost all hope-cause i feel like for all the hype theres gotta be a way to make it work. Ill update again after using a few more times

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 6:46:00 AM More reviews by aloha_bua

I've asian fair skin with yellow base undertone. Compare to other asian girls, my skin is "white" so Ivory suits best. I've tried beige, it works well under eyes area but not cheeks area, too dark.

Talking about Ivory, it seems too bright first I apply, but it blends well after I put powder on.

It lasts almost whole day without touch up. No caky, looks natural.

I've been using it almost everyday for the last 4 months and it just goes only half. Worth money I paid for.

Will buy it for sure!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2013 4:20:00 PM More reviews by SmellsLikeChanel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Yes, it really IS the best concealer for under-eye area. It's true. For reference, I have the older packaging, the ridged blue with gold accent. I have had this for YEARS and I have barely made a dent in it, and I use this pretty much daily. IMO, thats worth the money, especially because it is such an awesome concealer-- Arguably by many, one of the very best. It goes on SO creamy and smooth-- a good tip would be to rub some off with your finger from the stick and sort of warm it up while rubbing it onto your finger... it applies much nicer that way. Love it. Will always use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2012 3:37:00 PM More reviews by korean

so after reading about this product in every mag i had to try it.
i got the ivory color, which is the lightest yellow-based color.
i got it online from nordstrom for about $ 70. It comes in a dark navy blue tube. the color match is pretty good for my face and did well covering blemishes, however not opaque enough for a sun spot i have. i'm fairly light in BE minerals. for my under eye area it did not crease and was good, but i think yellow base is not good for under eye, for better coverage i would get the color beige for the ender eye area, cause pinky salmon covers darkness better. it does have fragrance, which i dislike, it smells like shiseido products. all in all, it is a good product and i kept it for blemishes, cause i like the tube and the color was a good match. but i think i'm gonna try hourglass concealer in Pearl for under eyes.

update** Hourglass in colr Pearl is better than cle de peau for under eyes, but i still use this for blemishes

rated 2 of 5 on 7/18/2012 3:43:00 AM More reviews by 00R00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hugely disappointed. This product has been on my radar for years. I finally took the plunge & ordered online, taking a punt on Ivory (I'm an NC20). So it arrives, and the first thing I can't help but notice is the cheap packaging - irrelevant to product performance but at this price something semi-Chanel would be nice, right? Unfortunately, Ivory is too peachy-toned for me. It looked like it would be a perfect match in the tube but once I applied it to my skin, it darkened and looked peachy/orangey. I feel the finish is a little powdery too. I prefer (and wish it weren't discontinued!) Maybelline Age Rewind concealer - in my opinion this product is superior to CLP concealer, not to mention a fraction of the cost. As I'm out of MAR & don't like CLP, I thought I'd try my Bobbi Brown Oil-Free Even Finish Compact as a makeshift concealer until I decide what next to try (I like Origins Quick Hide Concealer but it's almost impossible to buy now from NZ - I also like Mac Select Concealer so I may go back to that in the interim as it's more readily available) - and it's actually pretty great. Completely undetectable both colour (I'm Porcelain 0) & texture-wise. Hmmm, maybe I'll just stick with BB!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2012 3:08:00 PM More reviews by eiluj44

I have been wanting to try this and I found it a bit cheaper on ebay. It was still $$$$ but only around $60 as opposed to the $90 retail. I love it. I was trying to not love it. I smeared on my dark puffy eyes haphazardly right from the stick. I rubbed it in a little and it looked INCREDIBLE. I am definitely growing to see that you really do get what you pay for. My only consolation is that I'm sure the product will expire before I could use it all. You just need a dab. Now I look lovely and well rested and I'm pissed off.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2012 10:41:00 PM More reviews by magentaray

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ivory was a little too dark for me and concealer did an ok job (under eye and whatever facial redness), didn't cause any breakouts, minimal creasing. There are some drugstore concealers I used before and after this one that I like way more. Could be much better for the price. I got it as a gift and couldn't return, so I kept using it even though it wasn't right enough, got half way through and moved on to something else.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2012 3:44:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

I like this concealer for under my eyes however, there are others I like, too. Not sure what I thought - maybe that because it is so very expensive and is so widely lauded - it would be the miracle product that would make my eyes look THAT much better...but no. It is nice and I will use every last bit of it but when it is gone I am not going to spend that much money on a product. There definitely are other less expensive items that perform as well. These days - even a makeup junkie like me has to draw a line?

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2012 12:44:00 PM More reviews by liangaf1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yes, it is $70. Yes, this is a LOT of money for a concealer. But my main use for concealer is undereye - this area does not require a lot of product, therefore this once product will last me ages. My previous concealer (which I'll still use - I do like it) is from RMS (an organic brand) and that also worked well, but required dabbing with your finger or a brush into the little pot. I like that this is a stick that actually goes on very smoothly (I initially had concerns that the stick would be too hard and would tug my skin too much, but this isn't the case at all - the product is very creamy and applies easily and evenly). I like how the concealer really does create almost an instant brightness and requires minimum effort. It also lasts quite nicely. As for the color, I am NC20 and the ivory shade is just right. Although I don't anticipate needing another stick for ages, this is definitely something I would buy again. I've discovered that I really prefer more solid product for concealer rather than a liquidy one (I also have Makeup is Life concealer from Barneys, which is a liquid with a doe-foot applicator). I feel that I can control the amount of product much better. I would recommend this definitely, if the price isn't a major barrier.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2012 3:40:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm absolutely devastated that is product was too dark for me and I'm a MAC NC15 complexion. I bought this online for $70 and totally bummed that I can't use it. The texture is beautifully creamy, applies like a dream, provides great coverage and stays put all day, but the lightest shade is too dark! I will definitely pass this expensive gem along to someone that may be able to use it and wear it.