August 2, 2014 | 1570 users online

Brows - Elizabeth Arden - Dual Perfection Brow Shaper and Eye Liner

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2014 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Sara44

My favourite brow product ever!

So easy to apply and looks so natural, it's also great for filling in areas without hair while still looking flawless and natural, LASTS FOREVER!

MY HG

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 2:04:00 AM More reviews by carlyalicia

Great product. I am brunette and I use the shade "fawn" and it looks very natural. Good pigmentation, a little bit goes a long way, it will last me forever. And it lasts all day! Definitely recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2014 3:08:00 PM More reviews by athenasius

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I had this in Sable which is almost a twin of Clinique's Shaping Taupe brow powder.

This is a touch darker than the Clinique one, so you need to apply with a light hand but the powders are remarkably similar. I like them both equally so it depends on who has the GWP time when you need to rebuy brow powder which will be years, even decades later.

This stuff lasts. One of the nicer things about the EA brow powder is that you can use it as an eyeliner in a pinch while you can't with the Clinique one. And the package is nicer in the EA model.

Other than that, for anyone who needs to fill in sparse aging brows without looking like you pencilled on some fake brows this is a much nicer more natural product, and it lasts all day. So if you detest the Joan Crawford look out of the fities, and prefer a normal natural, younger loooking brow, try this. Ditto for anyone requiring chemo. This won't react on sensitive skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2014 7:39:00 AM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

Well, I lost my eyebrows a few years ago which I believe was a symptom of PCOS. While all my other symptoms are thankfully gone, my eyebrows never quite came back and it is heartbreaking. For some reason, everyone is obsessed with eyebrows lately what with Cara and Hillary Rhoda and they are probably the one thing I would change about myself. I never had thick eyebrows to begin with but at least I didn't look weird.

Anyway so the bottom line is that I can't do without an eyebrow product and have found it easiest to use pencils. But this time I found this brow powder and thought it may be interesting to try. I got it at a very good price of about $10 and I bought black because I am Indian and I need a good strong colour to show up on my skin. The SA told (or rather misdirected) me to apply the colour with the liner brush and then blend with the other brush. Thankfully I checked the EL website first and realised the liner brush is only for - well - liner.

I found it tricky to apply at first and to get an even colour. Firstly, I use a MAC eyebrow brush rather than the tiny little fiddly brush they have provided. It's easy to deposit too much powder on the brush and while you can blend, it takes time. However 4-5 tries later, I find I'm getting quite good and have the best brows I have had recently. The trick is not to apply all of it at once but to deposit it little by little. I am not very impressed by its staying power though. In an AC environment it lasts all day but then it should, right? Also, I would not use it as a liner as I have several others and would not like to wet the powder so I can't rate it on that count.

This will last me a lifetime I guess which is a little sad as I wanted to try the newly launched Anastasia Brow Pomade.

And for those who have lost their eyebrows like me, use castor oil. It really does make a difference although it will not give you brows where you never had any.

Update: I am downgrading this to 3 stars because it is not long lasting in my hot humjd climate. But mostly because I dropped it and the pan cracked. Of course that's not the product's fault but if you are using this product for so long, it's hard to imagine the pan not cracking at some time or the other. Worse, I took this with me on a trip and the powder seeped out on everything. The packaging, although elegant, is really not suitable for this kind of product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2013 12:41:00 AM More reviews by happyathome

So you know the "if you could have one makeup item with you on an island..." question...? THIS!! This, this, THIS! I've been using it for over fifteen years and I can fill my brows, have an eyeshadow, eyeliner, aaand a contour if I so please (how many lipsticks can do that, with the added bonus of a mirror?). It comes with the tools, of a quality that absolutely WILL NOT dissappoint. The brushes may be short, but perfectly balance with your pinky to learn and you're laughing. And the pigment... you'll be laughing again, but this time, it's all the way to the bank. The cost of this versus lasting you two years or more, you'd be spending more on a drugstore pencil. Imagine your brows with a powder (not powdery) finish that literally stays all day, without looking cakey or waxy. There's even enough surface of the shadow to dampen half of it should you choose to darken the colour, say for liner.
I've seen a few changes in product packaging over the years, which way the brushes go, and the current "gold" design, but I am always keen to pull out my little beauty if I need to sneak a little look in a pretty mirror.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2012 4:10:00 AM More reviews by Ginaisobel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a fantastic product. I'm a brunette and the fawn shade is a great colour match. I was introduced to the product by the Elizabeth Arden makeup artist, and I'm very thankful as I was struggling to find a natural looking product to define my eyebrows. The pencil products from other brands seemed to give an unnatural harsh line.

This product is also very economical, as you only need a small amount on an angled brush to apply. I imagine this will last me for years, even though I use it on a daily basis. The colour on your brows looks very natural and the staying power is excellent. This gives you a very classic looking brow, without looking overdone. I highly recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 1:12:00 AM More reviews by TeeTeeRarr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product is THE BEST for eyebrows. This is perfect for people with half eyebrows. While pencil might be your first thought, this powder is the most natural looking product you can use. It does not even look drawn and it stays on! The included slant brush is just perfect. It is ergonomic and has firm bristles that pick up the right amount of powder and allow for easy application and blending. I had this powder before and it lasted forever. Despite years of daily use, the container was still full. I lost it and couldn't replace it because they stopped carrying my shade, Ebony in Canada (darn it!!). I recently purchased it online, YAY!!

This product is very pigmented which means more bang for you buck so please apply with a very very light hand and then you can darken it according to your desired intensity. It is always better to start with very very soft brows and then adjust the intensity to your desired look. Trust me, this is very pigmented. My brush barely touches the powder and it is very rich. I don't think you can ever run out of this powder. Like me, you will only ever replace a lost (or stolen) one. It really does last forever.

Just a warning if you find yourself wondering, I also got the shade "Natural" Black but its actual color is a blue-greenish grey so I don't use it (feel free to contact for swap). Just wanted to point this out. Great, great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2012 4:34:00 PM More reviews by leizel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great powder and staying power. This works well with a shaping pencil. First, I use the powder as a base to create the overall shape. Second, I use a pencil to define the shape further for a more precise arch.

I am happy with the pigmentation. In comparison with Lise Watier eyebrow powder, this goes on with just the right amount of pigmentation -- not too light, but light enough that eyebrows do not look drawn in or fake.

Good stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2011 11:56:00 PM More reviews by librigeekgirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this product as an eyeliner in both the sable and the black now for about 13 years. I am on my second sable, and just started by third black (only because I dropped the second). Most days I wear the black, with a drop of water, and it gives a really good line. It doesn't tug on your eyelid like pencils, and it is really easy to use, especially compared with gel eyeliners or the felt-tip pens currently around. I have tried them all, and this is the one I keep coming back to. Very occasionally I use it on my eyebrows, and I usually use the eyeliner brush, with water, and just use it to stroke in a bit more definition.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2011 8:03:00 PM More reviews by Becky2009

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the best brow thing I've used - so much more natural looking than pencils! It is quite expensive, but I've given it a "5" for price because one compact basically lasts forever. I'm onto my third, but I lost the first one then dropped the second one on the floor and the powder smashed. If I hadn't done that I'd still be on both of them.

I have very fair eyebrows compared to my hair colour, so to give my face a bit of definition I really do need to use something. I get them tinted too, which is the best, but between tints I use this. I don't usually buy Elizabeth Arden, but for brows I've never seen a comparable product in another brand. Definitely a makeup bag staple.