October 2, 2014 | 1812 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Lipstick (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2014 1:58:00 AM More reviews by sultryvoice

These really are fabulous lipsticks, and I have a preference for the creme and matte finishes. I have given this 4 lippies because some of the creme finishes can be inconsistent in regards to opaqueness. There is a shade for every complexion, and one can always purchase these lipsticks at a favourably reduced price from time to time.

Rant: Why has Revlon discontinued some of the best shades for darker complexions? Va Va Violet, Blackberry, Spiced Brandy, Chocolicious, In The Red, Raspberry Bite, and Cocoa Bronze have all been discontinued within the past 24 months. These were all very gorgeous shades that suited many complexions, but were especially complementary with darker complexions. And they never warn of upcoming line-up changes (we are made aware of new lines, but we are not advised of which shades will be removed), so there is very little opportunity to stock up before they are indefinitely gone. Now that my local SDM has the SL line on sale for $3.99 cdn, I am stocking up on certain shades just in case they are not available in the future. Even if I don't get to my back-ups for a while, at this low price it is a tiny investment with a pleasurable return.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2014 4:57:00 PM More reviews by Andisophiaquinn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The one I got is called Sky Pink, its a matte and the number is 012. Really like the shade of pink and packaging and all that, but the problem is that since its a matte, it doesn't have any shimmer or anything in it, and it makes my lips look dry. Even when I put on a lip balm before I apply the color, it will just sit on my lips and not blend in at all. It looks caked on or something, and sort of highlights the natural creases in my lips. Love the color, but it makes my lip texture look horrible! :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2014 5:07:00 PM More reviews by addied

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I brought three lipsticks, all purple shades. I got plum velour, berry couture and va va violet. Violet and plum velour are both sheer but the berry couture is very strong and you may only need to apply two layers. I found with the sheer ones, it doesn't apply well because it ends up removing some of it after you apply another layer so cautious people. Definitely great for Fall and the berry couture will also be great for Spring. Packaging can be weak, I found one of my lipsticks a bit off compare to others,.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 11:20:00 PM More reviews by dustdrops

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I love these lipsticks! They are very inexpensive and a classic. I currently own two shades. I have Cha Cha Cherry, which is a creme, and Pink Sizzle, which is a shine finish (and one of their new ones). They are so smooth and non-drying. I love how they are pigmented but not over-the-top, which makes them very wearable shades.

Cha Cha Cherry is a bright pink-red which I love wearing when I am sporting a solid black or white dress as a statement lip, or during the holidays. Pink Sizzle is a pink with slightly warm undertones. It's my favorite pink lipstick of all time and it's a MLBB lipstick for me because it's almost the exact same shade as my lips but it just enhances them. I love it most when I'm wearing minimal makeup; it makes me look fresh! It's a bit more moisturizing than the creme formula (which I'm guessing is since it's newer, Revlon must've improved on it).

I can't wait to collect more of these lipsticks, since they aren't a burden in my wallet. They come in so many shades and in different finishes as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2014 2:46:00 PM More reviews by shelby1211

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Today I had a coupon for revlon lip products and I've been looking for a tangerine/corally sort of color lipstick and happily found the color siren(677) at the local walmart!

The pigmentation in this product is amazing! I know I haven't been wearing it long but oh my gosh this color is amazing. For the price, I am so happily surprised to see such a beautiful color... This color could honestly be beautiful on anyone. The moisturizing part is debatable though... I have pretty dry lips and I have a small patch of eczema(chronically dry skin) underneath my lip and 10 minutes after putting this on my lips, my lips starting drying up but it has a very pretty matte look...

Very happy with this product and would most definitely recommend it to my friends

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2014 5:07:00 PM More reviews by Maryangels96

While my mom was travelling, she got me a limited travelers edition which contain nine of their best seller lipsticks. I was amazed that some were popular, but that is not the point. I love these lipsticks so much. They are affordable and they have so many colors that i lose track! They vary from mat, pearl and creme. I love the creme alot more than others but the thing here is, that they are not long lasting unless its a red (Love that red) or a dark color (coffee bean).

Other than that, i just love them all so much!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2014 7:41:00 AM More reviews by 1017

These Revlon lipsticks have changed my view on buying lipsticks. When I first dived in to makeup I started with MAC so I kind of skipped the drugstore phase. Later on when I heard the buzz about these and realized they were only $4 or so at Target/Walmart, I started trying them. And now my policy is, if I am going to buy high end, I better be sure the color is special (in other words, be sure Revlon doesn't already have an almost identical shade). I am finding it harder and harder to spend money on lipsticks when I know Revlon SL lipsticks have so much to offer. For example, Revlon's Berry Haute is like an easier to wear version of MAC's UP the Amp. They have a few fuscia colors that are very comparable to MAC's Girl About Town. You want to try the uber vampy lips shades, but don't want to spend a fortune? Try Revlon Black Cherry, for $4 it's there for you to play with even if you can't commit. Are you curious about what kind of reds you can wear but don't want to spend a fortune or maybe just want one tomato red even though it isn't your best red? Revlon has tons and tons of reds. I doubt I will give up buying high end lipsticks all together and I stlll have my MAC faves, but when it comes to getting colors to play with, Revlon SL lipsticks are my one stop shop.

Also, I have allergies to a few ingredients in most lipsticks, but Revlon SL is free of those ingredients...no peeling lips! So I know I can buy any color in that range and be ok. Even with MAC I can only use their creme formulation (Amplified & Cremesheens).

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 10:27:00 AM More reviews by Notaglamourpuss1

This is an excellent lipstick from Revlon. Very moisturizing without any greasiness. Color is rich and not exactly the excellent pigmentation of Wet n Wild Mega Last, still a good product. Not really much for longevity though.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/27/2013 12:06:00 AM More reviews by smileitscontagious

I don't really see why so many people love this lipstick. I have it in three shades: temptress, black cherry and raisin. Although I appreciate the relatively large shade selection and the classic packaging, I don't see what's so special about this lipstick. It applies unevenly, it's not particularly moisturizing and it definitely highlights dryness. I could apply lip balm under, but it's not ideal to have to apply it and apply lipstick when I'm out. I guess I just expect my lipstick to do a little more.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 11:43:00 PM More reviews by RebeccaKathryn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE THESE LIPSTICKS. Revlon is one of my favorite drugstore brands. I find that the majority of their products have a nice range of shades and are really good quality. I also like the packaging. These lipsticks are great. There are so many different color options and the formulation is wonderful, they stay on but are still fairly hydrating. Overall these are amazing.