Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick (All Shades)

4.3

Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Ozokerite, Polybutene, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, C10 30 Cholesterol/Lanesterol Esters, Bis Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate 2, Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax), Capric/Caprylic Triglycerides, Paraffin, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Serica Poudre de Soie (Silk Powder), Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2 Hexanediol, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Blue 1 Lake (CI 49020), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Carmine (CI 75470)

on 2/28/2015 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've been on a lipstick kick lately but I have always repurchased Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Rose Velvet and Black Cherry. Rose Velvet is a dark pink/brown nude, 90's nude. Black cherry is that dark vampy red lip with a little pop of plum in there. Those are my must go to colors. I seem to reach for these lipsticks the most. The lipstick packaging is also very classic and you wouldn't know its form the drugstore. The lipstick line comes in different finishes but I really like the cream version. It's matte but creamy. I have also tried the matte formulas of these lipsticks, not a fan. They tend to settle in fine lines, can emphasize dry patches. Just a big no go. Overall, if you want to try this line out, I'd go for it since there's so many colors to choose from and so many different finishes.

Pros:
Nice color selection
Different finishes (cream finish is my favorite while the matte finish in this line can be too drying)
Doesn't settle in creases
Not too drying but still needs lip balm
Glides beautifully on lips (no tugging)

Cons:
Not transfer resistant
Not very long lasting; lasts for 3-4 hours (darker colors not so forgiving when it comes to fading)

on 2/15/2015 3:16:00 PM

This is my all time favorite lipstick. I feel confident in it it matches my skin and eye color. After I wri this I am ordering it. I ran out of mine.

on 1/26/2015 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Pro:
-Love the colour Rose and Shine for my medium/deep skin tone. (I wear W6 in L'Oreal true match foundation)
-This goes on so smooth and it's hydrating so there is no need to put lip balm on underneath
-No colour bleeding

Con:
-It's not long lasting, so you will need to reapply often throughout the day.

Overall i love the nude line! I will be purchasing more colours as its hard for someone with my warm skin tone to find a pinkish nude colour that look like my lips but better you know?
I would recommend this to anyone. The only reason I did not give it the full 5 points was because you during an 8 hour work day I re apply like 3 times.

on 1/21/2015 3:13:00 AM

Seriously, I love it. I have Rum Raisin, (my favorite), and black cherry! They are so amazing! They never get on my teeth, and take forever to fade. Even my grandmother completed me, and she hates dark makeup.

on 1/4/2015 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

I have only two of these, Gold Pearl Plum and Sassy Mauve. Lovely, creamy colors, but they just don't last. I also have two discontinued colors, Temptress and Demure. These are the only colors that look good on me. For some reason, Revlon's other colors always turn brown or orangey or fuschia on my pigmented lips. I don't find myself reaching for these colors anymore, they just don't last on my lips and I keep re-applying after every hour or from drinking from a bottle of water. I don't find them moisturizing either ( they are never on my lips long enough!)

on 1/3/2015 1:39:00 PM

This is the best low-priced lipstick I have found. I have it in Blushing Nude, which turns out a nice cocoa-mauve on me, just what I wanted. If I apply more, it's a lovely candy-apple color. I love the fact that with these lipsticks you can see the actual color through the little window on the top.
The only complaint I have is that it seems to noticeably drift into the wrinkles/ridges in my lips (I'm 40-something but I also have chapped lips all the time, so this is not a surprise). I've been looking for something more opaque, but also I'm going to step up the lip care and see if it fixes the problem.

on 12/14/2014 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I have this in 027 (violet frenzy) and it goes on so well and doesn't dry out my lips at all! I wish it was more opaque though.

on 12/5/2014 9:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I LOVE THIS LIPSTICK! It doesn't dry my lips out and the pigments are POPPIN even if you have darker skin. I buy a few colors every time this goes on sale. The colors I use the most are Love that Red, Wild Orchid and Berry Haute.

on 7/2/2014 1:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

These really are fabulous lipsticks, and I have a preference for the creme and matte finishes. I have given this 4 lippies because some of the creme finishes can be inconsistent in regards to opaqueness. There is a shade for every complexion, and one can always purchase these lipsticks at a favourably reduced price from time to time.

Rant: Why has Revlon discontinued some of the best shades for darker complexions? Va Va Violet, Blackberry, Spiced Brandy, Chocolicious, In The Red, Raspberry Bite, and Cocoa Bronze have all been discontinued within the past 24 months. These were all very gorgeous shades that suited many complexions, but were especially complementary with darker complexions. And they never warn of upcoming line-up changes (we are made aware of new lines, but we are not advised of which shades will be removed), so there is very little opportunity to stock up before they are indefinitely gone. Now that my local SDM has the SL line on sale for $3.99 cdn, I am stocking up on certain shades just in case they are not available in the future. Even if I don't get to my back-ups for a while, at this low price it is a tiny investment with a pleasurable return.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

The one I got is called Sky Pink, its a matte and the number is 012. Really like the shade of pink and packaging and all that, but the problem is that since its a matte, it doesn't have any shimmer or anything in it, and it makes my lips look dry. Even when I put on a lip balm before I apply the color, it will just sit on my lips and not blend in at all. It looks caked on or something, and sort of highlights the natural creases in my lips. Love the color, but it makes my lip texture look horrible! :(

Popular Lipsticks