September 17, 2014 | 1796 users online

Scrubs - Bioelements - Pumice Peel

rated 1 of 5 on 12/16/2012 2:20:00 PM More reviews by BeautyHaunt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product did nothing for my skin. I had high expectations, considering I was splurging on a MUA Top Pick. The texture and ingredients left my skin burning a few seconds after I applied it. The irritation that followed masked any possible benefits, and my skin was left red and bumpy. If you have sensitive or acne-prone skin, I would save your money and search for another scrub. (Even a gentle plain yogurt mask might be more effective.)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2012 10:02:00 AM More reviews by HauteHarlequin

I really love this product. It's the best exfoliant I have ever used! I use this twice a week and it always leaves my skin baby soft and really helps to keep my pores unclogged. The grains are so fine, the smell is so relaxing, and it feels like a luxurious facial every time I use it. It's expensive, but you don't have to use a lot at a time so it will last you quite awhile. I agree with a previous reviewer in saying that it is the only product from bio elements that is really worth buying.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 12:53:00 AM More reviews by Lankaa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

There's no other scrub like it. The grains are so tiny, and there are so many of them .... Other scrubs feel like a few huge grains mixed into face wash. Once you exfoliate with this you'll never use anything else. It truly is the best.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2011 10:50:00 AM More reviews by Michelle219

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best exfoliator I have ever used, chemical included. I have been using this for about (3) years, I am currently on my second jar. It's a bit costly but worth it because a little goes a long way. There are hundreds of little perfectly round grains that exfoliate away all dead skin cells. I think this is the only product in the Bioelements line worth purchasing I would skip everything else.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2011 5:29:00 PM More reviews by susaeliu

GREAT exfoliant. Leaves my skin silky smooth and I have had no problems with my skin whatsoever with this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2011 2:56:00 PM More reviews by June187

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I hate to be a downer but I absolutely hated this scrub. I think the grit is a bit on the side of overkill... I'm not exfoliating my rough heels here! I guess if you want a 'scrubby' scrub I would pick this over st ives in an instant in that I think this one at least won't tear your skin because the particles are not sharp. I just can't get over the weird emollient quality to this scrub.. my face feels like I smeared ointment all over it after I rinse. When I wash this weird feeling off I notice my skin is still flaky. I also broke out in tiny pinpoint pimples the next morning, but this has been know to happen in me with scrubs. This one is just not for me. I will stick to chem exfoliants from now on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2010 11:56:00 AM More reviews by stacymonique

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well, I doubt I am adding anything new in terms of my review of this product...just bumping up the already high ratings. I used this product for the first time last night and I loved the results. Like so many other reviewers, i have always hated scrubs because the grains are always too big, but the grains in this product are so fine you can hardly distinguish them. So I had no irritation whatsoever and I used it last night and I scrubbed, hard, for about 3 minutes and my skin was super soft and glowy. This morning my pores looked less congested (I followed the pumice peel with a lactic acid serum and i think the peel really helped increase the effectiveness of that serum) and my MMU went on flawlessly and I could still see the glow underneath! The product description says it is not for sensitive or acned skin but i had several acne breakouts when i used this product and it didn't irritate them. My skin is not sensitive, but it is somewhat reactive (often chooses to get very irritated by ingredients in products) and this didn't cause me any trouble. I also love the packaging. Some people don't like the glass jar, and i understand that it is heavy and hard to travel with, but you could easily put a little into a smaller plastic container. I think the glass jar makes it feel luxurious.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2010 9:36:00 PM More reviews by basiatkom

I got a sample of this product and I absolutely love it! It makes your skin smooth without making it irritated. My skin is usually very sensitive and most of the exfoliating products make it red and itchy. And the best part. . . you only need a very small amount of the product so the jar should last you for quite some time. I definitely recommend this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2010 3:36:00 PM More reviews by snowchic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product. It is very gentle and doesn't feel like I'm rubbing sandpaper onto my skin like so many manual exfoliators do, yet it does a great job making the texture of my skin smooth and soft. It's important not to scrub super hard, actually - a light massage does the job just fine.

The only downside to this product is the cost. However, I've used it 2 or 3 times a week for the past month, and I've barely made a dent in the tub, so I'm expecting it to last awhile at least.

I think this is an HG product and it has definitely become a part of my regular skincare routine.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2009 4:47:00 PM More reviews by dm24

Can anyone tell me where I can get a sample of this product? Thanks.