October 21, 2014 | 1709 users online

Lip Gloss - Burt's Bees - Fruit Lip Glosses [DISCONTINUED]

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2008 10:01:00 AM More reviews by floppy3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Got this as I looooove the original BB's lipbalm . . . .got the strawberry one, really bad ! The smell was like shoving your face in a bucket of over ripe strawberries, if that makes any sense ! Gave a glossy finish like MAC's tinted lipbalms and wasn't tacky because you have to apply it with your finger from a glass pot it has a slippery thin formula. I didn't like this thin texture, it was more of a lipbalm that a gloss and the smell was soo overpowering. Moisturised my lips OK but any significent change in my lips was ignored because of the cappiness of the product. It is also haed t have to warm the gloss with your finger in the pot before actually applying it, and in warm conditions it melts and is super thin and gooey in the jar. The smell was so strong that when I applied a thin amount on my lips in the back seat of a car on a COLD (e.g. note scent enhancing) day the driver and front seat passanger complained of the sacharin sweet smell . . . . . not good not a gloss ! !

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2008 2:20:00 PM More reviews by kiwigirly

I just bought this in all four flavors, it was 50% off at Borders. I actually bought this b/c I lost my regular BB lip balm and my lips were getting chapped. I love these glosses!!! Right now, I am using the Raspberry which sorta smells like a berry popsicle- delicious! But, I guess some people don't like that smell...It is more of a balm-gloss hybrid but, its perfect! It's super moisturizing and leaves your lips shiny, soft, and full. Not exactly gloss but, I don't like that gooped-on look anyway. The jar isn't really ideal but, the product is so good, I just overlook it. I would also say these enhance your natural lip color too. At $7 for four, it was a great deal and they are my new favorite balms/glosses.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2007 2:08:00 AM More reviews by barbiedollcurves

i got this as a gift from my grandma. I LOVE the burts bees beeswax lip balm, even if it doesn't have the best smell, but these lipglosses seriously suck. no shine, bad smell, bad TASTE, and it's just disguisting. the jar is so tiny and you BARELY get any on your fingers, so you literally have to dig into this tiny jar for some sucky lip gloss.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2007 8:56:00 PM More reviews by sadendingsong

this is moisturizing but its so hard to get out of the packaging. i don't know if that's just me. apart from that it gives a nice light sheen but no intense moisture here. i would go with the original burts bees instead

rated 1 of 5 on 10/13/2007 1:59:00 AM More reviews by jessica123

Not what I expected from a Burt's Bees product. Bought the raspberry kind. It doesn't smell like raspberry, it has a plastic-y scent. The texture feels is a little grainy on the lips, and it is NOT a gloss. You would get a better glossy look by putting Vaseline on your lips (and you could buy a tub of that for the same price). Buy the Pomegranate balm instead, smells great, and eventhough I don't think it has a tint, it does make my lips look fuller and gives them a natural red flush.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2007 8:31:00 PM More reviews by thatfloridamuffin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product! I received all four flavors from a friend for my birthday. I am a lip gloss junkie and have over 40 different glosses so I was expecting these glosses to be just another in my collection and an occasional wear. I found that I loved this product. The smell is amazing and it makes my lips plump and natural looking. It isn't sticky and it isn't really grossly shiny. The only thing that could be an improvement on this product would be for it to be in stick form, easier to apply and less greasy mess.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/22/2007 1:51:00 AM More reviews by windsey

absolute crap. made my lips dry and flaky. which eventually made them crack and bleed when I didn't switch fast enough. I needed to try and find another use for it because I usually NEVER through things out. But this was absolutely and obviously useless as a lip anything. I tried putting them on my knuckles to see what it would do... didn't dry them out. made them smell good. haha hand salve. I usually think of myself not being able to tell very accurately when something is not working at all, that it might have some benefit. But this was so obviously causing problems I could even tell. Don't buy this.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/12/2007 3:00:00 PM More reviews by peachachess

Oh Burt. You make such good products normally, what happened? The only thing good about this is the scent, which goes away really quickly. Zero moisture, I think it may have actually dried my lips out further. Not a gloss, not a balm...I don't know what this is other than disappointing.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2007 5:13:00 AM More reviews by robynlc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love the pot and lid. Very cute. And the gloss smells incredible (I have it in all four flavors) but it's simply NOT a gloss. It's a balm, and it hard stays on for very long anything. You have to reapply much more than their regular balm. I love it for the smell and package...but that's about it. I don't mind the small pot myself because I keep my fingernails short and my hands are small anyhow. I carry these around with me if my lips get chapped, but they aren't even much help for that.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2007 9:16:00 PM More reviews by ilovejoey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Hmm, this product is okay. Lovely scent and packaging, but not glossy enough to be really called a gloss. It's more of a balm, and if you want a balm there are better options from the Burts Bees line.