October 25, 2014 | 1820 users online

Shampoo - Jason Natural Cosmetics - Thin To Thick Hair Thickening Shampoo

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2012 8:48:00 AM More reviews by DKER

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I picked this up on my stylist's recommendation to help with my hair that was thinning from a combination of illness, stress, and hormones. I have not been able to use it enough to see if it will help, because it leaves a buildup on my hair when I use it, and makes my ends dry, brittle, and very puffy and frizzy (I paired with my usual conditioner). It also stripped my Wella Color Charm haircolor. I might keep it around just in case I wind up with a too-dark demi color job.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/8/2011 12:13:00 PM More reviews by bink180

I used it a couple of times before along with the conditioner it came with. I used it a few times in combination with L'Oreal Ever Pure Volumizing Shampoo and conditioner
Umm, there have been certain occasions when i used it itself and it either didnt clean my hair well enough or it cleaned my hair too much and it dried out my scalp. Plus, it was really hard to get it out of the bottle. It had a sticky-ish texture to the formula and it didn't lather very well either.
I wouldn't recommend buying this although it has a really nice scent.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2011 8:47:00 PM More reviews by ECLion

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This shampoo just didn't do it for me. It is delicious-smelling and does a great job cleaning my hair, but so do many other cheaper products. This expensive ($13.00 for a very small bottle) shampoo claims that it will volumize your hair, but really doesn't do it. It's very hard to use because it does not lather well and is hard to squeeze out of the bottle. It also makes your hair very dry, so a conditioner follow-up is a must. It does the job of cleaning and making your hair smell fresh (without too many harmful chemicals) but is not worth the money or the effort. Look further.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/16/2011 10:03:00 PM More reviews by f8crystal

I recently had to completely switch to natural products after having two surgeries. Reactions to medications made my skin SUPER sensitive and my hair unbelievable frail. Anything with chemicals causes horrible breakout and hair loss. I have lost SO much hair, so when I read the reviews on Jason biotin conditioner and the Jason Thin to Thick shampoo, I cried halleluja, and tracked it down!...and then just cried. Finding it was beyond diffcult... I finally happened upon it, no thanks to the Jason website, at an HEB (in TX). The Jason Thin to Thick shampoo made my head break out all over on little painful pimple like bumps... so I gave up on that fairly quickly & continued the conditioner for a bit, until I realized it was contributing to my hair feeling mushy and falling out in the shower. I switched to the new natural TIGI the day after my suspicion... and voila... no more mush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2009 5:13:00 PM More reviews by Artbum

I've tried many shampoos for thinning fine hair and this is the BEST. I've seen it sold in many places but have avoided it because I was distracted by other brands like Your Crown & Glory and Nioxin, but THIS IS THE BEST. I have fine curly hair which has some thinning issues in the past decade, more recently due to post-pregnancy since May 09. Since I started using this product about 3 wks ago, my hair is noticeably thicker, shinier and softer; I'm receiving compliments and my husband commented this morning "Your hair is beautiful and thicker." Unlike other shampoos for thinning hair which dry out your scalp and hair (ends too), this shampoo thickens and hydrates your hair. Amazing product, JASON you hit the nail on the head with this formula. TIP TO USERS: Definitely try using this shampoo with JASON Biotin Conditioner in the white bottle; this conditioner detangles your hair immediately upon application so combing through is gentle and easy on your strands.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2009 12:52:00 AM More reviews by estle

Clearly, I would not buy this product again. It made the hair thinner and made hair fall out even more.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2009 2:39:00 AM More reviews by CRAZY4MAKEUP

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for a year. I don't feel like it stops any hair-loss, but it does add volume to my hair. Also, I have a really oily scalp and this shampoo keeps my hair from getting to oily throughout the rest of the day.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2008 4:45:00 PM More reviews by mscys

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Same opinion as for the companion conditioner. Makes my fine hair fly away and dry. Does make it shiny though. I won't buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2007 12:24:00 AM More reviews by missnewname

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

no effect on balding. I have had hair loss from stress and weight loss for about 4-5 months. I was expecting miracles because of the hype on the bottle. I was at least expecting it to clean my hair well and I thought that the "sulfate free" would be less irritating to my hand eczema. it's all bullshit. if anything my hair felt weaker and finer. it irritated my skin too.

for a shampoo that really does strengthen the hair shaft and reduce shedding in the shower, I highly recommend joico k-pak shampoo and conditioner (not the treatment). my hair has stopped shedding 50 strands when I wash it and instead I only lose about 10-20.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2007 10:19:00 PM More reviews by Ifke

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

If your hair is over processed I would not recommend this. For me it is the best, most luxurious shampoo ever. Smells wonderful, tingles the skin a little bit and washes out nicely. The hair smells like herbs and mint and is shiny and soft. I would give it thousand lippies if I only could.