September 2, 2014 | 1701 users online

Treatments - OPI - Avoplex Exfoliating Cuticle Treatment

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2013 2:06:00 AM More reviews by Nina_82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've never really been too fussy about my cuticles, and as a result they usually look terrible! I'd tried a few cuticle oils in the past and they had done nothing except left my fingers greasy, so for a long time I just didn't bother. But a few months ago my cuticles were really looking shabby, and I decided to splurge on some OPI products. I'm so glad I bought this.

Firstly, it smells AMAZING!! So fresh and clean, I actually find the fragrance very calming, so I like to apply it during the day when I'm at work.

More importantly, it's the first cuticle treatment I've used that actually works. When I'm using this regularly, I can notice the difference. My cuticles look neater and less noticeable.

It also won't leave a greasy residue and sinks in to the skin pretty quickly, so once you apply it you can just get on with your day without worrying about getting oils all over everything you touch.

Even though the bottle looks small, I think it will take me a while to get through it, and I'm using it almost every day. So it's definitely good value, and I will repurchase in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2011 11:58:00 AM More reviews by EnglishRoseAmongThorns

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this, I wanted something that was a portable cuticle moisturiser that would also get rid of hangnails. I tried many othe portable products like OPI Avoplex to go - just didn't get rid of hangnails and took a while to sink in; Burts Bees Lemon Butter - nice scent and moisturises pretty well but left my manis dull looking. Oils are a nightmare, they are greasy and horrific when they leak all over your bag!

This product is great, it's light, it's not greasy, it doesn't leak, it moisturises brilliantly and has gotten rid of my hangnails, it smells so fresh and thanks to the bottle design is easy to apply and small enough to fit in my purse. I think this is my HG cuticle treatment!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2011 4:32:00 AM More reviews by swedgal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have cuticles that grow out quick and if I do not moisturize them for just one day I end up with a dry withish rim around my nails. I had tried another cuticle eraser (CND, I wrote a review on that) but was rather disappointed so I did not have any great expectation for this one and instead....WOW.
I have used it in the evening for the past 2 weeks and it sinks in with a short massage. Next morning my cuticle are perfectly moisturized and by running an orange stick on the cuticle-nail border I can remove some withe goopy substance (sorry, gross!) similar to what happens with the cuticle remover I use once a week. During the day I try to remember to apply some cuticle oil just to keep them from peeling and my manicure looks always fresh.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2011 11:38:00 PM More reviews by makeup9111

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have dry, cracked, flaky, mannish cuticles, the only thing that has worked to keep them looking nice was a glycolic acid cuticle cream, but that was discontinued. I bought this because of the reviews, and after a few days of consistent use (sometimes I used it twice a day) my cuticles look smooth and moisturized.
It's easy to apply, you get a lot for the price, and it sinks in really quickly. I will definitely be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2011 7:20:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

I love the Avoplex line! My cuticles get dried out easily, and a quick 5-minute treatment with the Avoplex line makes them happy and healthy again. I use the exfoliating treatment first, applying all around the cuticles, and massaging it in. Then go over it with the Cuticle Oil, massage it in, and finish with the Avoplex hand cream. Pure bliss. My fiance has gotten hooked as well, so now I have to do his nails once a week too :) I will definitely re-purchase the whole set.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2010 12:43:00 AM More reviews by MissyO

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

HG x infinity for me. The scent of this exfoliator is so fresh and clean I wish they'd make it into a pure perfume. As for how well this product works, it barely short of miraculous. Transformed my permanently cracked and bleeding cuticles into smooth and hang nail free. I use this daily, and Burt's Bees lemon cuticle butter at night (another fab product). After reading other reviews, I bought the Creative Nail Cuticle Eraser, but it didn't hold a candle to this product for me, and it was a bit pricier.
In terms of value I rate it as a 5. The 30ml bottle lasts me 3 months on a daily use basis, and to make it even more cost effective I just picked up the professional bottle which is ginormous and now refill the small bottle for my handbag at a fraction of the cost!
Will repurchase forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2009 12:33:00 PM More reviews by FunkPunky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this! It's the only cuticle remover that I have ever used that actually works! It really removes them! I used to cut my cuticles ( I know, I know) and finally, suprise suprise, after cutting them for 8 years, I get a nail infection. So now I just push them. I just rub it on, let it sit a minute, push back, and viola! So easy and effective!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2009 3:05:00 AM More reviews by bluemelon

I bought this product after I decided it was time to put some effort into keeping my cuticles tidy, and also to actually push them back before painting my nails (something I have been really slack with!). This is great for applying just before pushing my cuticles back. It makes it so much easier to do so. The consistency is a thick gel/cream, so easy to apply along the cuticle line and then massage. The scent is also great - very pleasant and fresh. My cuticles are definitely in a better condition because of this product, as it just eliminates that dry skin build up. This is also great to use before the Avoplex cuticle oil, as they work well together in improving the condition of the cuticles and softening them. Great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2009 3:29:00 PM More reviews by Paulchen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product keeps my cuticle neat and soft, without being to harsh. I massage it in a few times per week to maintain manicures. Its also great for pushing back cuticles. Did buy it again, is an absolute staple product for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2009 2:52:00 PM More reviews by JCuevas04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Great cuticle treatment. This has Alpha Hydroxy acid in it that helps keep the skin around your nail exfoliated. It comes in a great squeeze bottle with a nozzle for easy and precise application. I apply a tiny dot of this on each nail cuticle than I massage it in. It gives kind of a cooling feeling to your cuticles. It also helps moisturize them as well. You do not wash this off. I have crazy cuticles and they tend to get rough and start to peel. This is really helping prevent this and it has helps keep my cuticles at bay. I also use this on my toe nails.