December 19, 2014 | 1509 users online

Lips - Burt's Bees - Lip Shimmer in Nutmeg

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2012 7:15:00 PM More reviews by justcaty

This is just my natural lip color but better with more pigmentation! It is an amazing burnt red orange with golden shimmer. It glides on smoothy with the signature Burt's Bees peppermint tingle on your lips. It is a great relatively neutral color that just enhances your lip color perfectly so your lips don't look washed out.

Yes the color looks very intimidating but it is sheer!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2012 6:23:00 PM More reviews by MeggieBeth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this lip shimmer. It's got a nice scent and minty tingle. It looks pretty natural, took off one because I wish it went on a bit more sheer so I could adjust thickness on my lips. Easily fixed by putting on a little lip balm first. Will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2011 8:32:00 PM More reviews by mercurialish

I adore Burt's Bees for just about everything, and this is just the same. I love the look, feeling, smell, and taste. I enjoy the tingle, too! The color is absolutely lovely, and the appearance is smooth. If not this particular color, I still recommend trying Burt's Bees products. Natural is awesome!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2011 11:54:00 PM More reviews by demmie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

THANK YOU LADIES!!

I was looking for something to help nourish my lips, without being too gunky or leaving my lips thirsty and I have found it. This is a GORGEOUS sheen as well, plus has that slight tingle that I just adore. This has become a HG after you all recommended it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2011 2:17:00 PM More reviews by finnley

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have strawberry blonde hair,very fair warm toned skin and blue eyes.I was surprised how much I liked this color.I thought,from the packaging,that it would be way too dark.It is a warm copper bronze color, but it is soft enough for the light complected to wear.I was happy to find a inexpensive and natural product that gives a fresh look.I would recommend this color if you have reddish hair and a warm skin tone. I would purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2011 6:02:00 AM More reviews by lagomorph

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I would describe this as a color that gives some warmth to my very cool coloring while still being flattering to my skintone. I have very pinkish fair skin and it's hard to find colors that work like that. Urban Decay's Smog is another color that works like this for me- flattering to my skintone and yet has a "warmth" to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2010 9:22:00 AM More reviews by kaveloz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I know for a fact how much better natural products are to just chapstick, and have been wanting a little color/stain with m lip balm. Finally decided on this item with in the Nutmeg, with apprehansion, as so many orangy colors are just too much, and don't go well with my olive skin tone. This has the perfect amount of orange, shimmer, and hint of color. I had thought it might be too dark or orangy.. not at all. I love it, even when it does feel like it's off, you are left with a hint of color, and softness. Will definately explore other color options.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2010 8:41:00 PM More reviews by lunadestella

Nutmeg is one of the prettiest Lip Shimmers from Burt's Bees. It's something you can use ALL year long. It's not too heavy or too light on. I love the bronze-like shimmer in mine. It's beautiful for when I want to match a bronze eye look. Best of all, if my Nutmeg ever goes missing ... I don't have to cry over the price! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2010 11:54:00 AM More reviews by lucyann36

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a go-to product for me. This is a nice neutral color that works with my fair skin tone. I can apply it without a mirror and get some moisturizing effect in addition to color. I'll be buying it until they discontinue it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2010 10:17:00 PM More reviews by jmarvellous

The golden-reddish tone looks almost brick-red on the cap, but it goes on sheer and light (and doesn't look gross if you accidentally go a little outside the lipline, for people like me who are tempted to apply when there's no mirror nearby). Looks good with or without a totally made-up face.

I like the gentle, minty tingle and the smooth texture. It's not a lot of product for your money ($5ish for me at Whole Foods), though, and that narrow tube is somewhat awkward, though increasingly common in tinted lip products.