Olay Complete Daily Defense All Day Moisturizer with Sunscreen SPF 30 for Sensitive Skin

3.8

PPD: 4.9, Ingredients: Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5%; Zinc Oxide 6.0%; Octisalate 2.5%; Octocrylene 2.5% ; Inactive Ingredients: Special Blend of: Water; Isohexadecane; Glycerin; Polyacrylamide; C13-14 Isoparaffin; Laureth-7; Cyclopentasiloxane; PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone; Steareth-21; Stearyl Alcohol; Sucrose Polycottonseedate; Niacinamide; Polymethylsilsequioxane; Polyethylene; Behenyl Alcohol; DMDM Hydantoin; Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate; Tocopheryl Acetate; Cetyl Alcohol; Panthenol; Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract; Methylparaben; Benzyl Alcohol; Disodium EDTA; Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice; Steareth-2; Oleth-3 Phosphate; Triethoxycaprylylsilane (04 July 2009) New (2015): WATER/EAU, ISOHEXADECANE, GLYCERIN, PANTHENOL, NIACINAMIDE, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, STEARETH-21, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, ACRYLAMIDE/SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYLTAURATE COPOLYMER, STEARYL ALCOHOL, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, POLYETHYLENE, BEHENYL ALCOHOL, C13-14 ISOPARAFFIN, DMDM HYDANTOIN, CETYL ALCOHOL, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, PEG/PPG-20/20 DIMETHICONE, LAURETH-7, STEARETH-2, OLETH-3 PHOSPHATE, DISODIUM EDTA, IODOPROPYNYL BUTYLCARBAMATE.

on 2/1/2015 10:23:00 AM

This is easy to apply and leaves only a slight white cast after it absorbs a little. However, I find it a bit greasy and I almost feel like it's not really protecting me from the sun somehow, probably because it ends up wiping off. Part of the problem with the greasiness, I think, is that one pump doesn't dispense enough product to adequately give the full SPF benefits according to most guidelines - though maybe it's been formulated to work on less, but I feel that is dubious.

I feel there are probably better sunscreens out there, so I will move on to another brand once I run out of this (I want to get my money's worth).

on 10/18/2014 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I was excited about this because it has a physical and chemical sunscreen and is less oily and lighter than my old standby, Cerave AM SPF 30. However, I was disappointed because I burned after 30 minutes in the sun wearing this and broke out with whiteheads from it as well. I'm back to using Cerave AM-- I appreciate that formulation more, even though it is more greasy.

on 10/15/2014 1:52:00 PM

Good product, not the best or fanciest but it works for what it does. Contains niacinamide and green tea extract. I have sensitive skin and this doesn't irritate or break me out. Not very moisturizing but not drying either. Creamy and blends in well. Works well for days when I don't want to bother with high spf. My only complaint is that while it has good UVB protection, it could have more UVA. Although I'm happy that it has zinc oxide (UVA blocker), I don't think this is super high protection. That being said, this is a really good drugstore option for sensitive skin.

on 10/2/2014 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I use Olay products regularly and my favorite has been Olay ProX line, which is good for mature skin and has spf 30 which I require in all my facial moisturizers. I use the same moisturizer not only on my face, but neck and chest area so the SPF is important. I don't think I'll re-purchase this unless I can't find my usual Olay ProX because I don't think it is moisturizing enough for me at this time. I am adding the Olay Regenerating Serum on top to add some more moisture.

This product is okay. The good thing is it doesn't break me out at all. It is fairly moisturizing for my dry combination skin, and doesn't cause any irritation.

However, it does leave a white cast on my face, and I'm fairly pale so I can't imagine how that would look on someone more tan. It also feels very heavy and almost tacky. I can definitely tell I'm wearing something with this. I like my moisturizers to feel lightweight and to let my skin breathe, and this just doesn't fit the bill.

on 7/30/2014 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I have really dry, sensitive skin and I was looking for something that is cheaper than my HG Aveeno ultra calming. I decided since a lot of people love this moisturizer and I usually like Olay products that I'd try this out, and the price was great ($10).

After using this my face feels slightly greasy, it doesn't soak into my skin at all and leaves my skin feeling tight. I need a moisturizer that is going to sink into my extremely dry skin, and I've been using this in the humid summer I'm terrified how dry my face would be with this in the winter. I would definitely NOT recommend this if you have very dry skin and need something that will soak in and doesn't leave a greasy film. I'll be returning this today

on 6/27/2014 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

Day two of using this product, so far, so good. I was recently diagnosed with rosacea and already have seborrheic dermatitis at times. This one is great for not only the ingredients used (no oxybenzone, which is an irritant for people like me) but the protection and moisture it gives you. I will wear this every day, whether I wear foundation over it or not. The price is right, too.

on 6/24/2014 3:19:00 PM

I am 58 years old and have been using Olay Complete SPF 30 for sensitive skin for probably 10 years. It is one of the only moisturizers or sunscreens that doesn't make my face sting or feel weird the day of or after. Because it has 6% zinc oxide, I know it has broad spectrum protection no matter what the box says. I think because it isn't waterproof, they have to put that on the label.
If I am going to be out in the sun for a long time, I will put on Blue Lizard or something that is waterproof, but for most days this is the greatest.
Plus, I refuse to pay big money for a decent everyday moisturizer and it is available at most drug stores or on amazon.

on 6/13/2014 4:22:00 PM

This is my favourite sunscreen moisturizer! I have fair skin and it works well. It feels good to put on and doesn't smell bad (I hate products with strong smells). My friend's dermatologist recommended it because it contains zinc oxide.

on 5/20/2014 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I've been using Olay Complete Defence SPF 30 for many years, after trying everything else (high & low end) on the market. The others all broke me out, sooner or later, or became too expensive to use on a regular basis.

I was surprised by one of the reviews stating that it does not have UVA protection and all the rest (on the back of their bottle), and it is what prompted me to leave this review.

I live in Australia, and my bottle does not state the above. In fact it states "SPF30, UVA/UVB protection", and is made by Procter & Gamble, Australia. Perhaps the US P&G need to put certain legal disclaimers on their packaging, to cover themselves legally.

I can also attest that it DOES have UVA/UVB protection. The Australian sun is merciless, through all our seasons, and it is the only thing that stops sun damage on my face, neck & décolletage, which here can happen even after half a day of gardening (which I do quite often). I can tell the difference (red & sunburnt the next day) when I (very rarely) forget to apply it prior to going outside.

There is a "Normal" and "Sensitive" option, I've always opted for the "Sensitive", due to my sunscreen related breakout history. Being a supermarket product, I can't complain about the cost (A$14, sometimes less on special).

The bottle could be better engineered so that every last drop could be used (ie cap down, gravity fed product), is my only complaint.

Popular Moisturizers