Olay Complete Daily Defense All Day Moisturizer with Sunscreen SPF 30 for Sensitive Skin

3.8

PPD: 4.9, Ingredients: Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5%; Zinc Oxide 6.0%; Octisalate 2.5%; Octocrylene 2.5% ; Inactive Ingredients: Special Blend of: Water; Isohexadecane; Glycerin; Polyacrylamide; C13-14 Isoparaffin; Laureth-7; Cyclopentasiloxane; PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone; Steareth-21; Stearyl Alcohol; Sucrose Polycottonseedate; Niacinamide; Polymethylsilsequioxane; Polyethylene; Behenyl Alcohol; DMDM Hydantoin; Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate; Tocopheryl Acetate; Cetyl Alcohol; Panthenol; Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract; Methylparaben; Benzyl Alcohol; Disodium EDTA; Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice; Steareth-2; Oleth-3 Phosphate; Triethoxycaprylylsilane (04 July 2009) New (2015): WATER/EAU, ISOHEXADECANE, GLYCERIN, PANTHENOL, NIACINAMIDE, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, STEARETH-21, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, ACRYLAMIDE/SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYLTAURATE COPOLYMER, STEARYL ALCOHOL, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, POLYETHYLENE, BEHENYL ALCOHOL, C13-14 ISOPARAFFIN, DMDM HYDANTOIN, CETYL ALCOHOL, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, PEG/PPG-20/20 DIMETHICONE, LAURETH-7, STEARETH-2, OLETH-3 PHOSPHATE, DISODIUM EDTA, IODOPROPYNYL BUTYLCARBAMATE.

on 7/2/2015 6:25:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I was on a hunt for a moisturizer with sunscreen that contained mineral actives to shield my skin from the sun's summer rays and went through many products until I found this one. This lotion has a creamy base that isn't to rich for my combination skin. It combines traditional sunscreen chemicals with 7% zinc oxide for broad spectrum protection. This moisturizer works well under makeup and leaves only a slight white cast. This lotion contains antioxidants, green tea and vitamins to nourish your skin as well. It doesn't break out my skin which is also a plus. Overall this is a very impressive drugstore moisturizer except for the fact that is not water resistant. I've noticed that if I sweat this lotion begins to sweat off and drip off my face. This is not a major issue since I work in an air condition environment and only make small excursions to my car and home. If this was water resistant it would get five stars.

on 5/30/2015 4:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I was looking for something that would hydrate my skin but not too much (I have normal combo skin) but also give me sufficient sun protection (at least spf 25). This did the trick and I love that it has a pump. It didn't do anything extra but it did exactly what it said- hydrates and protects from the sun.

on 5/17/2015 4:53:00 PM

I really wanted to like this. But this was not nearly moisturizing enough for my skin. I used this for only a few days, but my skin was so dry and scaly. I was so surprised at how little moisture this offered for my skin. I like the fact that it was SPF 30, but it's not worth dehydrating my skin for.

on 4/29/2015 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've been using this for a week as a daily moisturizer only in the normal/dry/combo skin version and I've noticed a visible improvement in the level of hydration in my skin. My skin feels a lot plumper and softer now than it was before. It must bee the high quantity of niacinamide which is a very beneficial ingredient for your skin according to Paula's Choice who gave this lotion 3/4 stars. This is why I decided to try it. At first I was not convinced as there are alcohols on the ingredient list as well but they are found towards the end so they are probably in small quantities.

This works really well under my foundation as well and I was pleasantly surprised with the product especially for a drugstore moisturizer.

on 4/26/2015 1:26:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I really really really wanted to like this. I'm using retin a for acne and I wanted a simple moisturizing sunscreen for daily use. I loved how this felt going on. It soothed my skin and only smelled slightly of sunscreen. However, using this only a few days I noticed several new blemishes on my skin and neck, and I NEVER break out on my neck, so I knew this was to blame. I wish it worked for me, and I'd still reccomended it because everyone's skin is different, but unfortunately it's just not for me.

on 4/22/2015 2:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Finally decided to get agressive with the daily sunscreen for everyday use; not just when I'm staying outdoors. I really resisted since I detest most sunscreens on my face (too white, sticky, greasy, etc..). So far this is the very best of the ones I've tried. It absorbs quickly, and doesn't feel sticky or greasy. I can apply foundation (liquid or powder) directly over it. I am satisfied with the SPF since it is for minimal, incidental exposure only, and since my foundation usually has some protection as well. I like the fact that it is unscented. Previously tried the Olay Regenerist UV Defense SPF 50 (in the same container) but I thought it was a little too scented and looked more opaque initially. Except for the fact that it's a bit pricey ($10-15 for a tiny 2.5 oz. container) i highly recommend this. PROS: Lightweight, non-greasy, absorbs quickly, works well under foundation, convenient pump, readily available at most drugstores. CONS: Pricey for a daily-wear sunscreen; hard to access last bit of product (have to scrape it out with a Q-tip or your finger). Quick Tip: Be sure you put this on your washed skin FIRST, so it will absorb well. I tried it once over a serum and it looked very white and just sat on the surface.

on 3/25/2015 9:47:00 AM

I have been using this product for over 5 years now. I have fair, sensitive skin and have never had a problem using this as a daily moisturizer. The pump is perfect for dispensing the product. It has a very creamy consistency and goes on smooth with little to no fragrance, which I love. Because it does an excellent job moisturizing, it wears really well under my foundation/concealer. Not to mention, my face has never gotten sun burnt under regular wear (If I'm going to the beach, I wear better protection). I will continue to purchase this product, I am not interest in trying anything else!

on 3/7/2015 12:10:00 PM

Update:
I have found a WAY better sunscreen, albeit with a few chemicals.
I feel guilty over this review; so many have liked it and yet I have grown to kinda dislike this product, and use it only on my neck, chest.
However, for that purpose, and if you have very dry skin, read on:

I've bought this numerous times.
I get it on sale as full price it can be a bit high as i use it all over my neck and chest and daily on my face if I know I'll be in full sun.
It wears well under any makeup I've used, concealers, powders, etc
It has zero scent and is definitely good for break-out prone skin
It can be right up under my eyes with no issues, which is huge for me. I have eyes that get irritated just by being awake. It's ridiculous how sensitive they are. This lotion is great.
I recently began wearing it under the AVENE COMPACT tinted spf 50 (see review) and it seems to work well with that. Too soon to tell for sure, as it's just day three with avene, but I can say that the olay spf 30 does give enough moisture to handle the mildly dried out skin I get around my chin/jaw/mouth (from my heavy and effective anti-acne and scar use of glycolic toner, lotion, and benzoyl peroxide. This combo is aided by my tamanu oil, but I still get a bit deydrated.

The Olay spf 30 Complete lotion is definitely effective: I saw NO tan lines around my chest from tank tops all summer with this on. I DID apply it generously there and first thing in the morning and reapplied mid day for sure. NEVER a single pimple, or rash, or anything.

All considered, it's amazing. And on a nod to Olay, even though I love to hate Procter and Gamble and would prefer less parabens in my stuff, I gotta say: Olay Sensitive lotion unscented and this spf 30 are both total lifesavers for acne sufferers and people on a budget. And I HAVE USED IT ALL, from France to Japan and back. Okay not all but a shit load and spent a fortune and got so many samples of over-priced nonsense over the years.

My derm always said: Dove unscented soap on your face. period.
A simple lotion like the Olay sensitive. A good sunscreen you can tolerate.
End of story.
I don't agree with him and do use a more complicated regimen, but I have to agree that the basics are often the best and certainly I'd rather put 200 bucks into retirement than into a non-effective high end product that I use up just on principle cuz I'm so mad at what it cost!
try the olay; worst case you use it up on your decolletage or shoulders. OR you give it your husband or your brother!

on 2/1/2015 10:23:00 AM

This is easy to apply and leaves only a slight white cast after it absorbs a little. However, I find it a bit greasy and I almost feel like it's not really protecting me from the sun somehow, probably because it ends up wiping off. Part of the problem with the greasiness, I think, is that one pump doesn't dispense enough product to adequately give the full SPF benefits according to most guidelines - though maybe it's been formulated to work on less, but I feel that is dubious.

I feel there are probably better sunscreens out there, so I will move on to another brand once I run out of this (I want to get my money's worth).

on 10/18/2014 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I was excited about this because it has a physical and chemical sunscreen and is less oily and lighter than my old standby, Cerave AM SPF 30. However, I was disappointed because I burned after 30 minutes in the sun wearing this and broke out with whiteheads from it as well. I'm back to using Cerave AM-- I appreciate that formulation more, even though it is more greasy.

Popular Moisturizers