July 22, 2014 | 2092 users online

Moisturizers - Olay - Complete Daily Defense All Day Moisturizer with Sunscreen SPF 30 for Sensitive Skin

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2014 8:18:00 PM More reviews by goodcelt

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Day two of using this product, so far, so good. I was recently diagnosed with rosacea and already have seborrheic dermatitis at times. This one is great for not only the ingredients used (no oxybenzone, which is an irritant for people like me) but the protection and moisture it gives you. I will wear this every day, whether I wear foundation over it or not. The price is right, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2014 3:19:00 PM More reviews by trimgal

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am 58 years old and have been using Olay Complete SPF 30 for sensitive skin for probably 10 years. It is one of the only moisturizers or sunscreens that doesn't make my face sting or feel weird the day of or after. Because it has 6% zinc oxide, I know it has broad spectrum protection no matter what the box says. I think because it isn't waterproof, they have to put that on the label.
If I am going to be out in the sun for a long time, I will put on Blue Lizard or something that is waterproof, but for most days this is the greatest.
Plus, I refuse to pay big money for a decent everyday moisturizer and it is available at most drug stores or on amazon.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2014 4:22:00 PM More reviews by frommarissav

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my favourite sunscreen moisturizer! I have fair skin and it works well. It feels good to put on and doesn't smell bad (I hate products with strong smells). My friend's dermatologist recommended it because it contains zinc oxide.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2014 10:42:00 PM More reviews by jcbalint

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using Olay Complete Defence SPF 30 for many years, after trying everything else (high & low end) on the market. The others all broke me out, sooner or later, or became too expensive to use on a regular basis.

I was surprised by one of the reviews stating that it does not have UVA protection and all the rest (on the back of their bottle), and it is what prompted me to leave this review.

I live in Australia, and my bottle does not state the above. In fact it states "SPF30, UVA/UVB protection", and is made by Procter & Gamble, Australia. Perhaps the US P&G need to put certain legal disclaimers on their packaging, to cover themselves legally.

I can also attest that it DOES have UVA/UVB protection. The Australian sun is merciless, through all our seasons, and it is the only thing that stops sun damage on my face, neck & décolletage, which here can happen even after half a day of gardening (which I do quite often). I can tell the difference (red & sunburnt the next day) when I (very rarely) forget to apply it prior to going outside.

There is a "Normal" and "Sensitive" option, I've always opted for the "Sensitive", due to my sunscreen related breakout history. Being a supermarket product, I can't complain about the cost (A$14, sometimes less on special).

The bottle could be better engineered so that every last drop could be used (ie cap down, gravity fed product), is my only complaint.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2014 2:33:00 PM More reviews by sunshowers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This moisturizer is saving my face. I've been battling with extremely sensitive skin prone to mild rosacea flareups for years. I've carefully whittled down the products I can put on my face without causing irritation, and this is one of the products that has made the final cut.

I put it on every day after cleansing and applying Metrogel for rosacea. I wait 10-15 minutes for the Metrogel to dry, then I apply this moisturizer on top. It sinks in very quickly, doesn't leave a white cast, and dries matte/satin on me. I don't have a problem with oily skin, however, so oily skin types might have a different result. Other sunscreens, and even plain moisturizers with no SPF protection, can make my face red and itchy. This sunscreen doesn't irritate my skin in the least (I can't feel it at all when it's on) which is practically a miracle.

The bottle is also great. It comes in a sturdy little pump bottle that's easy to travel with and dispenses the perfect amount of product for my face.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2014 4:02:00 PM More reviews by ajj0061

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you want UVA coverage, don't buy this. If you read the back label, the product states that it doesn't provide protection to prevent skin cancer and signs of aging.

I used to use the Olay Complete All Day Moisturizer with Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 15– Sensitive, and I really liked it. I decided I wanted to up the SPF so I bought this. I've been using this for 2 weeks when I just noticed that on the back!

I'm actually pretty upset about this! WOULD NOT RECCOMMEND!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2013 1:57:00 AM More reviews by aklobastova

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

It's a decent moisturizer, but to me, the negatives outweigh the positives. It didn't do a good job of protecting my skin from the sun and the strong chemical smell was extremely unpleasant to have on my face. I feel like there are plenty of other drugstore moisturizers that are better and cost less (looking at you, Cerave.)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2013 11:49:00 AM More reviews by iloveMnMs

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not very moisturizing, if you skin feels at all tight it will still be so after application. Leaves face with a white cast. (Note: I'm pretty pale, wearing the second lighted shade in most makeup brands.) The whiteness mostly fades as it sinks in, but it did tend to gather some in creases over time. Doesn't leave skin overly greasy. I love the pump bottle that easily locks for travel. No real scent. Would not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2013 3:40:00 AM More reviews by sarah0711

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I started using this when I was about 19 and continued to use this until very recently. When I first started using this my skin was fairly normal, but sensitive - no dry patches and no excessive oiliness. This was perfect in every way! It was light enough for wear in summer under makeup and didn't make my skin oily and it was also moisturising enough in winter. The SPF 30 has kept my skin protected from the ski slopes of Japan to the hot, humid beaches of Thailand as well as the day to day Australian heat. This never caused irritation and never clogged my pores or broke me out. The packaging is great, slim enough to carry with me but with enough product for about 3 months with daily use. The only downside is when you try to pump out the last 10% or so it just will not come out, so I usually unscrew the cap and dig it out. The price is also very reasonable and I can usually find this on sale in one place or another. The only reason I have started using something else is because now I am in my mid twenties my skin is starting to become more dehydrated with the start of fine lines showing on my forehead. It is time to kick it up a notch and use something a little richer and with more active ingredients. That said, this was so perfect for my skin in it's younger days, and if you are on the normal or combo side I think this would have just the right amount of hydration for you. I have just switched over to the Total Effects Gentle SPF 15 to see if that gives me more hydration, but I will keep using this on my chest and hands as it is a great light moisturiser with fantastic sun protection!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2013 9:42:00 PM More reviews by dafyophi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've used this off and on for years and I keep coming back to it because nothing else works this well for me. It moisturizes well, absorbs nicely and doesn't leave me greasy and gives me a nice base for my makeup. At around $12 for 2.5 ounces, the price isn't bad, either. My skin can swing from slightly oily to very dry and this, along with nighttime Cerave and retinoid cream, helps keep it calm and consistent. Probably not a great product for very oily people, though.