October 24, 2014 | 1841 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder - Medium

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2014 3:03:00 PM More reviews by Emese1

I've only been using this for a couple of days and I'm really impressed. I normally use Chanel's loose powder in the morning when I finish my MU but wanted something to take with me in my handbag (which unfortunately I can't with Chanel, it's too heavy & bulky & messy). I read great reviews about this setting powder and finally gave in and bought it. Tha SA recommended Prep+Prime pressed powder but when she applied it it looked really cakey then. So a few days later I went back and without even trying it I bought Blot Powder. I immediately applied it in the bathroom of the mall, because it was mid afternoon and I was already quite shiny. It kept me matte, shine free the whole of the rest of the day. And natural looking matte, not powdery. Same experience the next day, although I was trying out a new fdn (Estee Lauder Double Wear Light) on my T-zone. But the combination of the two also worked fantastically. I've not been a 'touch-up' kind of gal but I hate the mid-day oiliness. I finally found the solution and now don't mind the extra few seconds in the bathroom or wherever. As long as I remember. It's great that it has a mirror. I'm perfectly happy with the little sponge it came with and glad I don't need to spend more time on a retractable brush. I just press it into my skin for instant result. I wish the mirror was a bit bigger, but it's fine.
I'm about NC15-20. Medium seems to suit me perfectly.
I might even try it sometime to use it in the morning and see how it performs during the day. That way I could maybe save a few $$ and not buy the Chanel when I run out.
My skin is normal apart from my oily T-zone, so I don't retouch on the rest of my face with it.
Can't think of anything else. Just that I'm a happy camper right now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2014 3:03:00 AM More reviews by Jaded81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

A little bit about me first - I have NC15 combination skin (extremely oily T-Zone but prone to flakes around the nose and dryness on the sides of my face).

I use a powder brush to apply this on my T Zone. I find that using a brush picks up just the right amount of product and distributes the product beautifully on the face. Apply with a light hand (gently dab the brush on the powder once or twice) as too much powder will result in cakiness, a white cast and the accentuation of any dryness. If you need more, just reapply.

I am pretty amazed at how well this controls oil. I blot a lot less frequently when I use this. Even then, I don't get half as oily as I typically do. This is coming from someone who is typically an oily shiny mess after an hour of blotting!

When I do use this to touch up, I typically blot the excess oil off first before reapplying the powder.

If you prefer a more dewy finish, dust a layer of Guerlain Meteorites (I use Teint Rose) all over the face after applying the blot powder. It will counteract the matteness from MAC Blot and instantly add a soft luminosity to the skin.

A small downside is that it can dry the skin out a little. I counteract this problem by applying it sparingly and exfoliating regularly.

Will definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2014 8:43:00 PM More reviews by katrina021

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have very oily skin and after reading reviews here on MUA bought a MAC Blot powder for $36AUD in Medium.

I love this powder - it goes on top of my foundation and it really truly keeps away my dreaded shine. The compact comes with a cheap sponge but i don't use that, i put a little on a powder brush - a little goes a long way! The powder is translucent and doesn't seem to give too much of a white cast in photos. I haven't had any break outs or anything.. the only bad thing about this powder is the price :-(

I am so happy with it, I will be buying again when i run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2013 4:56:00 AM More reviews by buzz22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I have just hit pan and I'm already thinking about buying a backup. I brought this in medium but not only do I use it as a blot powder but also to set my under eye concealer as well. I love the sleek compact also. A great product to throw in your purse when your out and about all day and I will definitely re-purchase this. :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by kamakyri

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This powder is great for controlling shine! The medium colour is virtually undetectable on my face and it helps me set my concealer. I don't like using the puff that comes with it though - I like using a spongey pad instead because it's better at holding and placing the powder more evenly.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2013 6:18:00 PM More reviews by jesssicupcake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolute holy grail product. I will never be without this powder for the rest of my days. I've been using this powder just nearing 2 years and couldn't be more pleased with it. After trying it, I haven't used any other powder since.

Just to debrief and provide a little background information, I have terribly icky and annoying oily skin. Before this powder, I had just come to accept the fact that my face would just always be the shiny mess that it was. All foundations were terrible for me simply because I wasn't setting them with the right powders. Enter Mac blot powder: holy shizz. Honestly, I never thought that I would ever be able to find a powder that controlled my oily face the way this powder does. It's outstandingly light-weight and sheer, but it mattifies and sets foundation beautifully. I don't actually "blot" with it, I just use it to set my foundation every morning because that's all I need.

I'm not going to tell you that my face stays stark matte for the entire day, but it shine even close to that horrible way that makes me avoid mirrors. I just repurchased my thousandth compact today and felt compelled to write a review, seeing as it would be very difficult for me to live without this powder. Thank you, Mac!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2012 3:37:00 PM More reviews by lunalove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was surprised how light the medium tone was- it is too light for me in the summer, but okay for winter. (I can wear NC25, MUFE 40, DG 30, Clinique 9, Givenchy perfect praline, lancome 250 bisque W)
I like the pressed powder for its portability and it does work pretty well. I apply it as my last step before I walk out the door, and I always apply it over my liquid foundation because I dont like a shiny finish and have to set my makeup.
I do recommend getting a spray like beautysoclean and washing your brushes often to keep the powder from gunking up.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2012 9:03:00 AM More reviews by jdeb1968

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Total HG for me. I've been using this product for years. I am NC20 with very oily/acne prone skin and use medium. This does not get cakey and does not build up on my skin thru the course of the day nor does it cause breakouts. I have tried many other powders and none compare to this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2012 5:47:00 AM More reviews by dalala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this product for about a year and it was okay. Even though it isn't a pigmented/coverage powder, I didn't like the light orangeyness of the product...It did a fair job of keeping my t-zone matte and setting m foundation...but I found a cheaper alternative (Maybelline dream matte powder)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/18/2012 1:14:00 PM More reviews by plasticbambi

My skin is dry but I do experience oil around my nose and t-zone after wearing make up all day. I got tried of reapplying pressed and mineral powders all day long because it tends to build up and therefore become cakey so I bought this knowing it wouldn't put too much color back on but, would help keep my make up in place.

After using it on top of various foundations and setting powders I have to say this just no good. This always made my make up look so incredibly caked on in some spots in non existent in others.

I can't see myself repurchasing. Overall a bad product.