April 20, 2014 | 1489 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder - Medium

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2014 8:43:00 PM More reviews by katrina021

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have very oily skin and after reading reviews here on MUA bought a MAC Blot powder for $36AUD in Medium.

I love this powder - it goes on top of my foundation and it really truly keeps away my dreaded shine. The compact comes with a cheap sponge but i don't use that, i put a little on a powder brush - a little goes a long way! The powder is translucent and doesn't seem to give too much of a white cast in photos. I haven't had any break outs or anything.. the only bad thing about this powder is the price :-(

I am so happy with it, I will be buying again when i run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2013 4:56:00 AM More reviews by buzz22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I have just hit pan and I'm already thinking about buying a backup. I brought this in medium but not only do I use it as a blot powder but also to set my under eye concealer as well. I love the sleek compact also. A great product to throw in your purse when your out and about all day and I will definitely re-purchase this. :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by kamakyri

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This powder is great for controlling shine! The medium colour is virtually undetectable on my face and it helps me set my concealer. I don't like using the puff that comes with it though - I like using a spongey pad instead because it's better at holding and placing the powder more evenly.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2013 6:18:00 PM More reviews by jesssicupcake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolute holy grail product. I will never be without this powder for the rest of my days. I've been using this powder just nearing 2 years and couldn't be more pleased with it. After trying it, I haven't used any other powder since.

Just to debrief and provide a little background information, I have terribly icky and annoying oily skin. Before this powder, I had just come to accept the fact that my face would just always be the shiny mess that it was. All foundations were terrible for me simply because I wasn't setting them with the right powders. Enter Mac blot powder: holy shizz. Honestly, I never thought that I would ever be able to find a powder that controlled my oily face the way this powder does. It's outstandingly light-weight and sheer, but it mattifies and sets foundation beautifully. I don't actually "blot" with it, I just use it to set my foundation every morning because that's all I need.

I'm not going to tell you that my face stays stark matte for the entire day, but it shine even close to that horrible way that makes me avoid mirrors. I just repurchased my thousandth compact today and felt compelled to write a review, seeing as it would be very difficult for me to live without this powder. Thank you, Mac!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2012 3:37:00 PM More reviews by lunalove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was surprised how light the medium tone was- it is too light for me in the summer, but okay for winter. (I can wear NC25, MUFE 40, DG 30, Clinique 9, Givenchy perfect praline, lancome 250 bisque W)
I like the pressed powder for its portability and it does work pretty well. I apply it as my last step before I walk out the door, and I always apply it over my liquid foundation because I dont like a shiny finish and have to set my makeup.
I do recommend getting a spray like beautysoclean and washing your brushes often to keep the powder from gunking up.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2012 9:03:00 AM More reviews by jdeb1968

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Total HG for me. I've been using this product for years. I am NC20 with very oily/acne prone skin and use medium. This does not get cakey and does not build up on my skin thru the course of the day nor does it cause breakouts. I have tried many other powders and none compare to this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2012 5:47:00 AM More reviews by dalala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this product for about a year and it was okay. Even though it isn't a pigmented/coverage powder, I didn't like the light orangeyness of the product...It did a fair job of keeping my t-zone matte and setting m foundation...but I found a cheaper alternative (Maybelline dream matte powder)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/18/2012 1:14:00 PM More reviews by plasticbambi

My skin is dry but I do experience oil around my nose and t-zone after wearing make up all day. I got tried of reapplying pressed and mineral powders all day long because it tends to build up and therefore become cakey so I bought this knowing it wouldn't put too much color back on but, would help keep my make up in place.

After using it on top of various foundations and setting powders I have to say this just no good. This always made my make up look so incredibly caked on in some spots in non existent in others.

I can't see myself repurchasing. Overall a bad product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2012 4:43:00 PM More reviews by mmherman

I LOVE this powder! I have gone through about three of these compacts. I never do that with any product, except for maybe one lipstick and a few eyeshadows. I'm a huge fan of Mac cosmetics and this product is probably one of my most favorite ones.

I use this powder in Medium. I have pretty fair skin during the winter months and I have never had a problem with this powder being too dark or off-color. I think perhaps unless you are super pale you will want to pick up the Medium powder.

I tend to use this as a setting powder. Until recently I've never really had a problem with my face needing to be blotted throughout the day, but now I do. I am not currently using this powder as I wanted to try out Coty's loose face powder. I do plan on repurchasing this product though and trying it out with my current foundation. I will try to update on how it functions as a "blotting powder" and not just as a setting powder. I personally recommend using this product as a setting powder that won't sufficate your skin. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2012 11:42:00 AM More reviews by Grac13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG status for me! I have really oily skin during the warmer months and I use this to set my makeup after priming and applying liquid foundation. This helps my makep to stay in place for a good 5 hours in the warmer months before needing to blot a little on my nose and forehead, and it lasts all day during the colder seasons, no touch ups at all!!!
I cannot rave about this enough, even though it's a little exxy here is Oz ($45) I will most definitely re-purchase once I have run out and most probably keep repurchasing until I am old and senile lol