September 22, 2014 | 1941 users online

Shampoo - Redken - So Long Shampoo [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2009 4:54:00 AM More reviews by toasty12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

sorry for skewing the results here; I haven't tried it. Just need to reply to Joslyn- DON'T use this on your dog- dogs have different skincare needs and people shampoo is not appropriate for your pet. Pet's can develop itchy skin and dermatitis issues- and they can't speak to tell you. There are plenty of pet products out there. Throw it away if you don't like it, or leave it at the gym for someone.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2007 9:12:00 PM More reviews by Joslyn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I never heard of a shampoo that knotted your hair up in the shower, until I used this stuff. Awful shampoo. I now use it to bathe my dog.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2005 11:09:00 PM More reviews by 3blindmice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's ironic to me that most of the other Redken shampoos are almost too moisturous, and yet, this one, marketed for longer hair is so drying. This is the only shampoo I own that tangles my hair when I wash it. I step into the shower with combed hair, get it wet, apply So Long, and it tangles into a ball of knots. The longer my hair gets, the harder it is to wash with this crap shampoo. I've had my bottle for such a long time, I really think it's time to toss it in the trash. Washing with this stuff never gets any better. I can't even imagine using this shampoo on a regular basis, it's just so horrible.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2004 5:51:00 AM More reviews by laura83

WTF? I didn't think it was physically possible for a shampoo to be so bad and so drying. I had better results after washing my hair with bar of soap. If only it wasn't so expensive..-( I haven't tried another Redken product (don't have the guts), so maybe the rest of the line is better.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2004 12:15:00 AM More reviews by martinezhelen

I was pretty enthusiastic about this product at first. It appeared to be doing wonders for my hair (it gets fairly dry b/c I straighten about 3X a week). After about a week or so, I noticed that my hair had become rather dry...and I also noticed alot more breakage...would not buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2004 3:29:00 AM More reviews by brend

I picked this up at a sale,it was dirt-cheap,went home, couldn't wait to try it.I have really dry hair, and this shampoo turned it into STRAW.I could hardly run my fingers through my hair when applying the conditioner.I thought it was only me, but my friend's mom had the same problem.The conditioner is practically useless(I used it as shaving cream when I ran out).Isn't Redken supposed to be really good?I don't expect spectacular results, but the shampoo I buy from the supermarket works way better.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2004 1:03:00 PM More reviews by StrawberryBlondie

I love this, and the conditioner as well. Makes my hair soft and manageable.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2004 5:23:00 AM More reviews by neene

I totally agree with MarciaX's review, this shampoo is the worst I've ever tried. I couldn't believe it was that bad, so I tried it three times in the past month and everytime it dried my long hair and made it horrible and impossible to detangle, my hair lost all its natural softness. I would give this a zero if I could.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2004 6:40:00 PM More reviews by MarciaX

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I hate this shampoo. I've used it twice and I'll never put it on my hair again. I have almost a full bottle to throw away. This shampoo really stripped my hair. I have nice, straight, totally un-processed, soft, long hair with no layers. I used to use the Clairol 5X hair strenghtening products and they worked really well; so, I thought, well, Redken is a much better line, so this will be a much better product. I was very wrong. This is the worst shampoo I've ever used. My hair feels stripped and dry and I'm seeing fine breakage near my part and it's almost impossible to get my brush through. It does feel like it has thickened my hair, but the thickening is tangling it up. I HATE this shampoo!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2004 1:33:00 AM More reviews by MiaGator

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

If I could give this a 4.5, I would. The only reason I don't give it a 5 is because I am in love with Redken's Extreme line, and although I am the perfect candidate for the So Long line, I just find Extreme a little more WOWZA-transforming. Anyway...
    I tried this for my weakened/fine/color-treated/long hair, which is prone to snapping. Although I love this product and would be happy as a clam to have found it, I just ever-so-slightly prefer the Extreme line. LOVE the purple bottle, though. Hopefully, continued use of one or the other will leave my fine hair with fewer annoying flyaways and snapped strands. Great find. Solid A. continued >>