September 2, 2014 | 1774 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Avene - Gentle Eye Makeup Remover

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2014 4:23:00 PM More reviews by hannahskm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Should have read the review before buying….. I bought this because I wanted an alternative instead of my usual facial wipes.. Would I buy it ok? no…
It's too expensive for an eye makeup remover… better invest in eye cream instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2013 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Tete32

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Fantastic product! I wear contact lenses and have sensitive skin. I use many Avene products. This eye make-up remover is gentle and it works really well. I get my cotton pad a little wet with water and then apply the remover, my mascara comes off without my having to rub my eye too much. (I do not use a waterproof mascara). I highly recommend this product! I love all of the Avene products.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2013 5:50:00 AM More reviews by anra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i have to be honest. this eye makeup remover does not work. i asked the chemist for a remover that can get down waterproof mascara. she told me she'd get hers off easily with this product and highly recommended this.

well! the mascara (and even non-waterproof eyeliner) stays on! first, i thought i use it in a wrong way. but as it said on the bottle to simply remove the eye makeup with a cotton pad and the product, there can be only so many ways to do this .... i tried to use a generous amount of it. i tried soaking the pad and leave it on the eyes for a few minutes, so that i can loosen the makeup.... well.......... no effect whatsoever.
but with little (to none) removing effect comes more rubbing and this i need to avoid at all costs.

the worst is: it irritated my eyes. the product has a slightly "slimy" texture, like a light gel. so it "creeps" into the eyes easily and then it started to itch and to burn a little.
and in the morning i woke up with foggy sight and quite an amount of slimy dirt in the inner corners of my eyes.
i had to rinse them with eye drops to even get my contact lenses in.

since i haven't changed the mascara in the last year and had no problems with other removers, i blame it on this.

and for not working and hurting my eyes it is just to expensive, cost about 16 euros at the pharmacy (i live in Austria).

i now switched back to garnier's sensitive 2-phase make-up remover.
it works like a charm in comparison and is a lot cheaper (about 5 euros but it's 200 ml).

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by GoldenMonkey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use Avene extremely gentle cleanser on my face and I find it good for cleansing and not drying. However I cannot use it on my eyes as it irritates the hell out of them. Why therefore I thought that the eye make up remover would be OK I don't know.
I bought it because I like to use products from the same brand but within minutes of using this product on my eyes I felt the familiar gritty feeling.
It's fine on my skin it's inside my eyes that get uncomfortable, when I blink it feels like I have bits of dirt in my eyes and it brings me out in white bumps under my eyelids.
I wear contact lenses and maybe this is why but I always take my contact lenses out before I remove my eye make up and Avene say this product is good for people that have eye problems or wear lenses.
I have used other eye make up removers and while some are more drying on the delicate skin none of them leave me with gritty eyes so I have no idea why a product marketed at sensitive skin would do this.
I have learnt my lesson now and will not be using any Avene products anywhere near my eyes. I would not buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2012 8:12:00 PM More reviews by mecepeda

To be honest, I am a bit surprised by the so-so reviews for this product. My experience with it has been wonderful - after sampling many different eye makeup removers, this has emerged as my favorite by far, and I recently purchased my third bottle of it. The Avene brand is specifically targeted at sensitive skin and this part of the line is no exception. I find it that completely removes my eye makeup easily, and without irritating my eyes or the delicate skin around them whatsoever. If you wear contact lenses, however, I would definitely recommend removing them before using this product. Highly recommended, and since a bottle lasts at least six months, well worth the price.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2012 3:31:00 AM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I love Avene for the most part but unfortunately this product fell flat on its face for me :( I use Avene for sensitive skin and this gave me one of the worst allergic reactions I've ever had and made hives develop around my eyes. After all of that it barely even removed my non waterproof mascara. You can get other makeup removers for so much cheaper that work a million times better. Save your money on this one.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2012 9:32:00 AM More reviews by Skatax2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've always used Purete Thermale by Vichy as a makeup remover and i thought about giving this product a try since I've been using avene creams for quite awhile now and been happy with those.. Well this product didn't meet up my expectations.. It never removes all my makeup and I don't even use waterproof mascara or liner.. It is gentle but in the bottom line it doesn't fulfill its purpose so I will stick with my previous makeup remover..

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2012 8:07:00 PM More reviews by LJBNY

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Promoted as a "gentle" cleanser, there should be mention that it is TOO gentle remove eye makeup. Yes, after two rounds of cotton, it took off much of the shadow, but not all. And did not remove my mascara (non-WP). So what's the point?

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2012 10:26:00 AM More reviews by Dee987

I wanted to like this and I gave it so many chances but it failed me Everytime. It has a strong smell, didn't remove my makeup like it should. I would get a better result by washing my entire face. I used a massive amount of this, tried to remove it over and over, even tried rubbing vigorously! I'll stick to my oil based eye makeup remover. Cheaper and effective. Please don't go out and purchase this! There's many better options out there!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 12:54:00 AM More reviews by sweetlilsky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

The first time I tried using this, it didn't irritate my eye, neither on the lid or in my eyes, but I was still annoyed with it because I didn't find it effective at removing my eye makeup. I didn't use it for a while and then came back to it. The next time I thought the cotton pad was too dry and so tried adding more product and drenched it. That worked. Basically, it works well and is gentle when you use a fair amount of it. Each bottle is not that expensive, but the cost may add up of you need to use it every day. For me it's worth it because I have sensitive skin and a lot of removers sting my eyes.