September 23, 2014 | 1227 users online

Toners - La Prairie - Age Management Balancer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2012 3:46:00 AM More reviews by charlies04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this toner after having already tried the La Prairie 'Refining Lotion'. I wasn't too impressed with the refining lotion, which although gave me a clear complexion it didn't do anything to minimise my pores and I ended up with quite a few blackheads. I decided to try this 'Age Management Balancer' because of its 'retexurising' properties, which I was hoping would exfoliate my skin to remove any blackhead forming residue, so far so good and my skin looks lighter and brighter.
This product is alcohol free (which was the main reason for me spending so much on a toner to replace my great, but alcohol containing, Nina Ricci toner) and I was a bit disappointed when I first started using this, it smelt so chemically strong and felt drying on the skin, it didn't feel like the natural kind of product I was expecting as the refining lotion toner had a much more natural feel.
I think you get a good amount of product for the price, 64 for 250ml bottle, as I only need to use one dab on a cotton wool bud for my entire face. I reckon one bottle will last me an entire year! The down side, is the fact the bottle is glass and so big makes it not particularly travel friendly. Plus, even though you get a good amount of product for the 64, it is a lot to spend only to find out you don't actually like the product. I think it would be better if they sold travel size versions, as well, so you could spend less to try the product and have travel friendly ones for when you need them.
Still on the search for my HG alcohol free toner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2009 4:27:00 AM More reviews by DearAlexandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love my toners but this is my collection's crowning glory.
Exfoliating but gentle. Extremely high quality ingredients. Leaves a moist, clean non-filmy after-feel. Addictive scent. Gorgeous glass bottle. Generous fill. Perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2009 2:10:00 PM More reviews by rctbn

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Excellent toner. My skin is sensitive, and this toner cleans well, but is neither irritating nor drying. It's pricey, but worth the cost; I've been using it for years.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2008 8:14:00 AM More reviews by anialobo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This toner cleanse very well, I can feel that my skin is clean and very smooth after that.
The only problem was the smell - like some kind of permament hair colour staff. But at the moment after a month I just start to like it :|)

I had the foam cleanser and was happy , because I had it for about a year, so I thought this product will be this same.
This is big size and the bottle is huge, but after a month I passed the blue line , so I think it gonna last for about 3-4 months - hopefully not :( I am using this every night.

Two minuses for the bottle - can't imagine what if I drop it ? And another for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2008 4:44:00 AM More reviews by roxane

I bought the Age management balancer to improve my skintone and cleanse my pores more thoroughly. The elder I get, the thinner my skin becomes and more sensitive. It reacted badly lately to harsh treatment like mechanical peeling - I can't use the retexturizing serum nor the scrub, they make my face just red. But this toner is a very good solution: It removes the last residue of my cleansing milk pm and am I use just the toner. My skin looks more even-toned after 4 days of usage. A little goes a very long way, the bottle will probably last for a year. A plus is that all moisturizers I apply just after this, seem to sink deeper into the skin. I use the hydrating serum pm and the anti-ageing emulsion spf 30 am. My skin looks still fresh and glowy in the afternoons. Will definitely repurchase, but use this only pm in the winter.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2007 4:29:00 PM More reviews by Daniela1977

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I ADORE this toner...is so good for my prone,combo skin...seconds after i apply it my skin look much more brighter and smooth. .I don't react well on many of La Prairie poducts but this one seems OK.
UPTADE.24/10 seems like this toner clogh my pores i really break out!! STRANGE

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2006 1:01:00 PM More reviews by sjg123

Replacing Glycolic DDF toner with this. Skin needed something a little gentler. Did try years ago but preferred the blue refining toner. My now 41 year old skin loves this. Was breaking out a little - that has since subsided. Also feel that pores are less clogged and therefore have the appearance of being smaller. Smells good, feels good and is so so gentle compared to other AHAs. Combined with the foam cleanser. Still using DDF EP3 moisturizer as I love it. Always liked La Prarie mositurizers too (especially skin caviar cream) but... they are very pricey but the Balancer lasts so long that it doesn't seem to be too bad a price to me. I did order some retexturizer booster too.

ps: I actually love the glass bottles ;-) They look and feel so clean and opulent ;-)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2005 7:52:00 AM More reviews by abcuio

I got a 30ml deluxe sample of this from a friend. And the only thing I could say is "superb". This removes any last trace of cleanser from your face with mild exfoliation and nice moisturizing effect. The NT$2,500(US$75.76) is quite reasonable comparing to my current whitening toner.(also from La Prairie, NT$4,500(US$136.37), Asia only) But I wish they can remove the unnecessary colorant and fragrance from this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2005 2:43:00 AM More reviews by murakami

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just love this toner. I have combination skin and at night I don't need any other moisturizer but this great toner. I wake up with skin perfectly hydratated and kindly exfoliated (it contains AHAs). Since i started using this my skin seems smoother and blemishes have disappeared. The only thing I don't like is the smell but that's something you can get used to with time. This is expensive but a bottle lasts for a long time. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2005 6:04:00 PM More reviews by Maxie

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Let me preface this review with the fact I've tried many, many aha products (dr. dennis gross pads, biologique, md forte, etc) and they have all left me with horrible red face, regardless of how long I tried to acclimate to them. I was using clean and clear toner with salcyclic acid with good results until they reformulated--which subsequently irritated my face. I'd also like to point out that usually LP products do not work for me--too emollient for my combo-sensitive face. All that being said, I really love this toner! First, it really does remove any last traces of dirt or makeup cleansing leaves behind. I know theoretically, cleansing should make a toner redundant, but I've yet to encounter a cleanser that really gets it all. Second, while this may make me a little pink--it doesn't last and isn't scary red face as encountered with all other products containing aha substances. Third, I've been using this only at night and I've seen significant decrease in blackheads and whiteheads (which I usually get in nose and chin areas.) Finally, it doesn't leave me all gross and greasy or tight and dry. Just nice, soft and clean looking and feeling skin. For all these reasons, I love this product. It isn't perfect--the price is hideous and the packaging is typical of LP. Heavy glass bottle with a neck that could easily spill out all of the precious product. Still, it will take probably a year or longer to use it up, and considering the great results, I consider it a more than fair price. Excellent product for sensitive and combo skins looking for an effective toner and exfoliating product. Also, just would like to note the primary aha in this is lactic acid--which may explain why it is potentially less irritating.
I have to add that while I'm still very happy with this toner, I find I can't use it every night without some irritation. I still love it, but I only use every few nights.