October 25, 2014 | 1168 users online

Treatments (Face) - Vitamin A Softgels

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2009 7:34:00 AM More reviews by Lapiz

Well these are great to take internally, since skin does grow from the inside out, but when I applied these externally I ended up with white blocked pores and one uncomfortable cyst. After ONE application. So I won't be putting these on my face again! But then again, I guess that's my own fault because they're not really meant for the face. :-/

Will stick to sea salt (which cleared up this vitamin A breakout overnight!) Ladies if you haven't tried or heard of it, go check the reviews for sea salt. AMAZING results, and this is coming from a girl with the most stubborn breakouts on the planet.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2009 1:10:00 PM More reviews by SSCLBC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I decided to give these a try. I did quite a bit of research about the various forms of vitamin A and the form found in most softgels is retinyl palmitate. It is not nearly as potent or irritating as retin A. Each softgel I have (8000 IU) has 2.4 retinol equivalents. The remaining ingredients are glycerin (a humectant) and soybean oil (decent for the skin on its own). I just poke a softgel with a pin, squeeze out the oil and spread it on my face and neck before bed. It initially feels pretty greasy but absorbs quickly. My skin feels great in the morning.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2005 1:27:00 AM More reviews by SHANA14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After cleansing at night I use 1 vitamin a softgel mixed with 1/2 softgel vitamin e and apply all over my face. This is a bit greasy that's why I only do it at night. I've been doing this for a little under a month now and my skin is gorgeous. My skin is smoother and my complexion is so much brighter.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2005 1:40:00 AM More reviews by el_capitan1

With this treatment I got mediocre (at best) results. After using this treatment on my skin for around a month and a half, there were no beneficial changes in the look or feel of my skin. In fact, my pores are clogged, and my skin is quite a bit oilier than before.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2005 4:36:00 PM More reviews by ga40456

I love this stuff- it seems to make my skin much more evn and tight. It's cheap and easy to use- it also really helps with dry skin! EDIT- I only use thsi when I get dry skin- otherwise I feel it's a little too sticky,

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2004 8:52:00 PM More reviews by jgirl528

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried it for about 3 nights and I really didn't see a difference in my skin other than softness in the morning. It could be that my skin is already oily anyways...I was just hoping it would make some of the red on my face go away, but it didn't. Oh well. It was cheap anyways! I used generic softgels and poked each one with a needle. One capsule was enough for the whole face.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2004 3:41:00 AM More reviews by cupcakes_yum

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Its amazinginly hard to find something soothing to help my dry, irritated skin on my cheeks that will not break me out. I'm so careful with what i use on my skin, and i can not rave enough about this! I had horrendously dry and red (pretty much *burnt* skin) patches under my eyes and a bit around my cheek bones from a allergic reaction to Calendula Cream and a Jane eyeshadow. Moisturisers made it worse, aloe vera drier, nothing was working at all. Till i found this...5 weeknights later, they're completely gone, disappeared, zilch. Got rid of a bit of the redness around my nose and cheeks but not really, and nothing on blemishes. However, i love this and you'll be hard to find something so little irritating and soothing on the market.

Oh, and buy Nature's Own, no smell at all.
continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2004 6:23:00 PM More reviews by ebolarola

Like the other users, I saw the rave reviews for vitamin A, and decided to give it a try. I like using it, but it definitely doesn't work miracles on my skin. I use it at night, and I have noticed that my skin looks glowing in the morning, but other than that, there haven't been any remarkable results. Like others have said, this doesn't seem to be hurting my skin, so I will continue to use it. Also, the brand I use (Jamieson's) does not have a strong smell.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2004 9:27:00 AM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

Usually I don't jump onto skincare fads such as this, but Vitamin A sounded so harmless and good for my skin and after several people posting nothing but raves and damned near miracle reviews I decided to give in and try. Sadly this did not work for me. No miracles happened to my skin, and my blackheads were still there. And it even gave me some new blackheads on chin, which are currently erupting into nice lil zits. Lovely. I think this is definitely a YMMV type of thing. I have no doubts that it works for some people but sadly..just didn't work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2004 12:48:00 AM More reviews by faerie_bel

Well I am on week 2 of this treatment for large pores/blackheads on my nose. I have been applying it every other night at bedtime onto cleansed skin. I have not had dramatic results but then again, it is in no way irritating or causing problems. Skin just looks very calm in the mornings. I use Natures Own brand of capsules and they have no fishy smell which is good. I will continue this treatment and will add to this post if my blackheads disappear!