December 21, 2014 | 964 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Alba Botanica - Max Dry Skin Formula w/ AHA & Antioxidents

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2012 12:28:00 AM More reviews by rallu

It was ok...moisturized well, it's not greasy but I don't like the scent and it's a little too thin. I didn't really notice any change with the bumps on my back I get sometimes which is the reason why I bought it (glycolic acid).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2012 11:35:00 PM More reviews by GetFat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This lotion does everything I want. It is moisturizing, soothing, only lightly scented and exfoliating in an attractive, functional package.

I have dry, very fair skin that sunburns easily; my skin is ALWAYS itchy and needs seemingly endless exfoliation. My arms and chest get incredibly dry after showers, even with cooler water. Typically by the time I'm toweling off, my upper arms and chest have blotchy red patches and look bumpy and rough. Not attractive. I shower 2-3x weekly to try to avoid over-drying my skin. This lotion really helps smooth my skin out and just makes it looks healthier and smoother. I think for those of us with dry skin, making skin both LOOK healthier and feel more comfortable requires that really careful balance of intensive moisturizing and the constant removal of dead skin. I've had trouble finding many lotions that do a great job with both. I try to avoid using scrubs and physical exfoliators, so to me, this is ideal.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2012 1:54:00 PM More reviews by mirandajulian

I LOOOOOOVE body products! I have a closet full of soaps, oils, creams, lotions, exfoliants, etc. No matter what I use I always come back to this lotion. I love it, especially during the winter. I slather it on and let it absorb while I brush my teeth and my skin is super soft. Sometimes, if the winter is really bad, I put on coconut oil or Neutrogena oil right out of the shower - I air dry and then I put on this lotion and my skin is silky smooth like a baby. Years ago, even when I exfoliated and put on lotion I could still see ashy scratches on my skin - I haven't seen that since using this lotion. It has a flowery - (jasmine, hyacinth - not sure which) scent which may be off putting to many. I like it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2011 11:16:00 AM More reviews by sara942

I looked to this as a less stinky, less sticky, more natural AHA lotion than Am-lactin to alleviate the KP bumps on my arms and the rough patches on my legs. Picked up a 12oz bottle at Walgreens for $11. I'm not crazy about the scent; smells a little too soapy/floral (like old ladies) but I way prefer this to the sour milk scent of Am-lactin. It is also definitely less sticky than Am-lactin: 30 mins after using one product on each arm, the Am-lactin arm was still sticky (though no longer stinky) and the Alba arm was just supple, not sticky, and still retained its scent (meh). It moisturizes pretty well, but I will update this review in a couple weeks on whether or not it's improved my KP. If so, the price will have been worth it!

Update 6/16/11: I'm gonna bump this up to 5 stars--my KP is almost completely gone with just 9 days of daily use!! I think it sinks in and is most effective when I shower and use a body scrub right before applying this at bedtime. Note that I've only used scrub twice since I started using the lotion, and I've also started taking a vitamin A supplement (sometimes KP is a result of vitamin A deficiency)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2011 5:22:00 PM More reviews by ksedinge

I have been using this lotion for over five years and I still love it. I've tried others, but I always come back to this kind because it is so wonderfully moisturizing yet not greasy--it seems to really sink in instead of sitting in a layer on top of my skin. I live in a very dry climate and this lotion keeps me nice and soft. They recently changed the formula, which is noticeable in the consistency--it went from being pretty thick and creamy to being more watery, but as far as I can tell, the moisturizing ability is the same, so I'll keep buying it. I use several pumps every day to cover my whole body, plus extra mini pumps for hands throughout the day, and a big bottle of this lasts me 2-3 months.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2011 2:26:00 AM More reviews by hellokittybrock

Just tested this body lotion. The texture is luxurious yet easy to apply. Doesnt feel like glue like what some others have commented. haha. The Jasmine flower scent smells strong initially but after 10 mins it lingers off to a soft flowery scent that is rather nice. Do try it. I bought it at iherb.com which is rather inexpensive.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2010 9:37:00 PM More reviews by shannonannagins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This used to be a favorite lotion. Everything was wonderful: mostly natural ingredients, sweet almond oil as the #2 ingredient, lactic acid to exfoliate gently......the scent was too floral, but I dealt with it....

Why did they have to change the formulation?!?! It still works fairly well, but glycerin is now the second ingredient. I like glycerin just fine--I use glycerin soap for my face and body--but I like the richness of an oil in my body lotion and the texture isn't what it used to be. I'm actually being too nice. It now has the texture of Elmer's school glue, which is nasty to spread on your skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2009 5:04:00 PM More reviews by ashley4frogs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This lotion is my HG lotion!!! Im a lotion freak, and after I found this at my local Target I havent used any other body lotion. It comes in a huge bottle with a squirt top. The price is $15 bucks, but the bottle is so large that I can go months on the same bottle, even putting it on my whole body probably twice a day. The formula is light yet very moisturizing, I can put it on throughout the day and not feel sticky or heavy. The scent is extremely light and never gives me a headache. Its like a delicate floral scent. The AHAs was the selling point for me, it has gotten completely rid of the bumps on my upper arms, and my skin has never been softer! I tell everyone about this lotion, thats how much it rocks!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2009 8:21:00 PM More reviews by slc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This lotion is OK -- the scent is pretty and although it's strong at first it wears off soon enough. Even though the consistency is kind of thin, it's surprisingly effective. But when I first put it on I have a slight itchy sensation -- don't know if it's the fragrance or the AHAs, which I can be sensitive to, but because of that I won't buy again. I prefer Alba's Cocoa Butter Hand and Body Lotion, but if you aren't too sensitive you might like this. (By the way, it smells just like "Triple Lanolin," which was a cream my grandmothers used to use a long time ago!)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2009 8:37:00 PM More reviews by LRVelarde

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

HG HG HG! Okay so I have very sensitive skin and everything makes me break out in hives or a rash or something else horrible. Really, even dove soap is too strong for me. Also, I have dry, itchy, flaky winter skin and no lotion seems to help . . . until I found this little gem! What a great buy! It truly helps with my KP on my arms and keeps my skin nice and soft all day long. :) The only thing is the smell, which I think is nice. My bf also thinks its nice but says that it makes this lotion a girl-only lotion. Oh well! More for me! :D
One last thing, donít use this on your face. I did and it gave me three huge pimples. Ugh, this is definitely a body only lotion.