April 17, 2014 | 1785 users online

Foundations - Helena Rubinstein - Colour Clone

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2014 12:57:00 PM More reviews by Curlycat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have dry/combination skin.

Fluffy and light consistency. Very soft to the face.
Matches great with the skin tone and is kinda transparent. (If you have great skin without blemishes ect. it will work perfectly for you.

Doesn't cover much. I need great coverage.
It's very drying and creates dry patches right away. (Having a moisturizer under doesn't help.)
Too expensive.
Makes my skin look dull.

= I'm really disappointed with this product and will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2012 5:27:00 AM More reviews by NewWave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have it in Shell and the color is a perfect match, whitout any detectable orange or pink undertones. The coverage is good, and it doesn't look too matte or too devy, which I really love. I would consider it a HG foundation, but the coverage is not enough for me to use it in photos, and it doesn't have a high enough SPF to use it everyday outside. I will not repurchase and stick to my perfect BB cream with higher SPF for everyday and my Illamasqula foundation with better coverage for photos.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2012 5:10:00 AM More reviews by Marcekler

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this foundation, use it for many years (I think I have my fifth bottle at the moment). Medium coverage, silky, good staying power (combo/dry skin). Do not like the packaging

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2011 3:28:00 AM More reviews by mariannepilgaard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This foundation does a great job in covering imperfections and blends so fantastically well into your skin. There are other foundations which does and even better job is magically making pores disappear all day, however still, this is one of my favourites. Goes on like a dream, feels like silk and great staying power.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2011 5:15:00 PM More reviews by morphinization

I have the Helena Rubinstein Color Clone Subli-Mat Perfect Matte Complexion Creator SPF 12 Foundation Makeup in beige biscuit and it is seriously my HG foundation. Beautiful coverage, gorgeous color (it is a little darker than my own but I love that about it, as it looks so natural!), extremely creamy and such a nice consistency. Too bad it is so expensive, but it is worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2010 3:09:00 AM More reviews by phoebeY

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Actually,I think this foundation is good, it provids a medium coverage, and it doesn't break me out. It also lasts long, and so amazing, the longer it lasts, the better and more natural it looks, But i think its price is too high, and I'm wondering if it has a spf

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2010 8:18:00 AM More reviews by Rexina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this foundation! I have this in 13 Shell, and along with the Magic Concealer, it's perfection! i don't know how, but it really adapts to my skintone, melts in and looks like a second skin. Natural and beautiful! Like you don't wear makeup, but have a nice complexion. And thats what we want, right?;)

I have combination skin, drier in the winter though. Before using this, my skin was so bad. My skin is very sensitive and I get breakouts really easily. And many of them too!

I don't know how, but this foundation has REALLY calmed my skin down. My skin cleared up after a few months, and now my face has an even and radiant skintone, and good texture.

the only thing I don't like is that the ingredients are bad for your skin (and the company DO test on animals!).. So as an experiment, I tried using mineral foundation. I used both Bare Escentuals and Everyday minerals, and after 5 days or so, I started breaking out again. BIG TIME! Now that I have begun using this again, it's all gone:)

So, yes, I would definitely buy this again and again and again, because it's the only thing I found that looks good on me, and I've tried a whole lot of foundations!

UPDATE: 03/29/2010: I've now purchased a new bottle of this, and still love it! This stuff is great:)

UPDATE 07/07/2011: This is a good foundation, but may look a little fake on my skin. I now go for a more natural makeup-look.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2008 7:07:00 AM More reviews by Charl8baben

I really love the color! Very natural and no orange! But for my combination skin, it wasn't good enough coverage... Since I love the color I had to use it over my lancome adaptive foundation to get some coverage. And the pump isn't good, comes too much out, so I have to use my hand as a palette. But if you have perfect skin, this foundation is very good.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2007 11:28:00 AM More reviews by ulku

I simply cannot live without this foundation. I'm using 13 Shell. The color really adapts itself to my skintone, and it looks very natural.No orange color. If I want a little tanned look, it again manages it too. I just put it a little bit more than usual to my face and neck and i have a sun-kissed skin. Even if my face is drier than usual, even flakey at some areas it just does not show it.And has a good coverage on red areas, small pimples and imflammations. Does not cover over sized and very red pimples, though.With those i use HR magic concealer which is also a star product.I can put it on all 4 seasons, no drying up and flakes in winter; no shine on summer.
But I'm angry to HR. It's not easy to find if you are not living in Paris or NY or some other metropolitan.I can find HR products only in duty free shops at the airports. Helloooo its a Loreal brand, it must be easy accessable.Am I wrong?

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2007 1:24:00 PM More reviews by misscurlylocks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Helloooo! This product is fantastic. It appears like it is a foundation however, it is actually a bronzer style foundation that is there to add colour to your complexion. I have the colour clone So bronzed!!! So bronzed is a deep tan liquid that is reminiscent of a foundation but this is not about coverage but about dabbing on spots of this on your face to make it look like a tan and boy does this look natural. I have light meduim skintone and this gives me a deep tan. You can also add more for a further tanned effect. I also add it to my neck and collar bone so that it looks like a natural tan. The effect of this lasts for a few hours and gives me a healthy glow. There is no shimmer at all as it is like a foundation but is no for the purpose of covering spots. It gives that perefect suntan effect. I dont know of any products that work like this. It is truly amazing. I think it retails for around e35.oo however I purchased a full 30ml with a full lipgloss and full mascara and makeup bag for that whole price in a gift set so it was a bargain. But this product is worth paying for as bronzers and powders dont have the staying power and natural look that this gives. I love this a lot and throughly reccomend it....