December 19, 2014 | 851 users online

Eye Primer - Agnes B. - Eye Color Base

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2008 4:44:00 PM More reviews by Amertine

- Garantee the lasting power of all e/s
- So easy to apply (with fingers or a small brush)
- A small tube very handy
- A must-have for me since years now!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2005 5:46:00 PM More reviews by askr

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Since I have such oily eyelids, I prefer eyeliner to eyeshadow. This base looks a chalky pink on my brown eyelids, but turns oily later on, without any effect on creasing. Probably better for normal to dry skin types.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2005 11:26:00 PM More reviews by Dina20

I found this product to do exactly what it claims to. It left my eyeshadow looking fresh and crease-free all day. I apply a tiny amount to both eyelids, blend in, and then apply my shadow. It has become a staple in my makeup case. A great little product.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2005 8:22:00 AM More reviews by karinmun

I hate this base. I find it not very easy to apply, since it can be cakey and blotchy on the skin.
I have to spread a really thin layer in one stroke on the eyelid. I can not blend it further once applied, because the product on the skin becomes cakey. The base is too dry to blend it further on the skin, applying a second layer will ruin the base.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2004 11:38:00 PM More reviews by only_ricco

I don't have much experience with this kind of stuff, and I don't think I will have much more, because I'll stick to this one! It's inexpensive, and it works very well for me. It makes applying e/s easier, keeps the e/s all day long!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2004 2:42:00 PM More reviews by lb2569

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product wasn't very expensive (regular price is $9 for 1/4 oz. -- I got it for 30% off), so I wasn't sure it would be any good. Plus, I have quite oily eyelids & haven't found many eye bases that work well for me. I figured I'd order it, & if I didn't like it I'd just return it for a refund. I'm glad to say I was pleasantly suprised. It's in a small tube, & you only need just a very little bit to cover your eyelid. It has a pretty neutral beige color, & you only need a tiny bit. If you use too much it can get a little cakey. After 8 hours or so, there is a very slight bit of creasing in the eyeshadow at the inner corner of my eyelids, & by 10 hours there is definitely a little more creasing. But even 8 hours is better than most eye bases I've tried so far. I haven't worn it on a really hot, humid day yet, so I don't know how well it will hold up to that. I'll have to wait until the weather gets warmer. But especially for the price, I think this is a good everyday eyeshadow base.