October 31, 2014 | 809 users online

Moisturizers - Olay - Active Hydrating Cream - Original

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2013 11:56:00 PM More reviews by Cactus_Pear

I really wanted to like this moisturizer as it got high reviews and was dirt cheap. However it makes my skin sting and burn upon application and dries to a weird unpleasant finish. the smell is awful to me-- old lady-- and after using a few times I threw it away. I have sensitive combo skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by graysuit

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is what I have used for years. Years! I have used moisturizer samples from Lancome, and Shesiedo, but the high end ones break me out. I just used a sample from Dior, and I developed an outbreak. So I am back using this $6.00 bottle of magic. Why use something else when the product I am using hasn't let me down. I put it on under my makeup and my face is fresh all day. I use it at night before I go to bed. This is a great all around product. BTW, I used Neutragena face moisturizer and my face broke out. So for the money, this is worth it!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2013 6:28:00 AM More reviews by bornbackwards

it worked well enough for me to keep using it until the whole thing was finished, i just didn't want to waste it. i don't think it's moisturising enough and it leaves a weird film over my face for a while. it leaves my face kinda rough feeling and it smells strongly of baby powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2012 7:40:00 AM More reviews by saraxxk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

It's a good moisturizer for winter. I have dry and sensitive skin but this cream doesn't break me out and I've been using this for a while now.
But the only thing I really don't about this product it's the fragrance. so I'm not gonna repurchase this since lots of fragrance free better moisturizers are available.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by ShowMeTheShimmer93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this cream for my face because I was in need of a good moisturizer. The first night I used this, my skin felt plump and moisturized. A few days later, my skin broke out quite bad and I have realized that this product is not for me. However, having said that, I didn't want to just throw this cream away because it seemed wasteful, so I used it on my hands and feet and it is actually very, very good at moisturizing the rest of my body without having any breakouts which is why I gave this cream a 4 - it might not be good for my acne-prone skin but it might be okay for some people with normal/dry skin. I like the smell too, it's very rosy and floral and reminds me of my grandma :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2012 5:42:00 PM More reviews by notme092

I have dry, sensitive, and acne prone skin and this cream helps me so much in the winter. It moisturizes and hydrates my skin without breaking me out! I love all olay products its cheap and works really well.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2012 4:44:00 PM More reviews by middy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really great nighttime moisturizer! I have very dry, super sensitive skin, so this is what I use in the spring and summer. I don't love the baby powdery smell, but it goes away pretty quickly. Not oily at all, sinks right into my skin, keeps it pretty moisturized. It would be nice if it came in a tube or something, but I don't mind much - your fingers should be pretty clean after washing your face, anyway. I've been curious about using higher-end face-care products, but I'm certainly happy with this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2012 5:35:00 PM More reviews by misseskelso

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this product. At first I purchased it because my 'wonderful' skin developed a heat rash (which happens to me every year as the weather heats up). It really hydrated my skin and didn't sting or irritate the rash. But now, I use it as a regular day/night moisturizer. It is a little heavy on my oily/comb. skin so I don't wear it when going outside in the heat for prolonged periods, but indoors and at night it makes my face so soft and wonderful looking. I will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2012 12:15:00 AM More reviews by bbybreanna

on my second jar. this moisturizer is VERY moisturizing. its amazing for dry patches. definitley great for very dry skin, but it does not bother my oily/dry skin. it is a bit heavy, so you dont need a lot on your face. a little goes a long way! which means this jar will last awhile. my first jar lasted about 3-5 months. like i said earlier, this cream is pretty heavy and i use it for nighttime but when i have dry flakes it works in the day just as well! its good underneath makeup! this has replaced my night of olay cream, which are pretty much the same thing except the active hydraing cream is like a dollar higher. this amazing cream is only a little over $6 at target which is a great deal for an amazing moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2012 7:40:00 PM More reviews by spiritedastray

This is my HG facial moisturizer, and I will continue to buy it again and again. The skin on my face is sensitive - I have big, oily pores with patches of extreme dryness. Some products tend to give me redness or can even cause me to break out.
This moisturizer, however, has always been perfect for my skin. It's light enough not to clog my pores and cause breakouts, but hydrating enough to treat those dry spots on my cheeks and forehead. It has never caused a reaction with my sensitive skin. Great under makeup! I recommend this, especially for tricky combination skin.