Olay Active Hydrating Cream - Original

4.2

water, glycerin, cetyl alcohol, petrolatum, cyclopentasiloxane, stearyl alcohol, isopropyl palmitate, dimethicone, carbomer, PEG-100 stearate, stearic acid, sodium hydroxide, DMDM hydantoin, iodopropynyl butylcarbamate, EDTA, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, fragrance, titanium dioxide, red 4.

on 6/26/2015 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

My FAVORITE moisturizer by my favorite brand. I've gone through several jars of this. It absorbs decently, so I can use it shortly before applying makeup. It doesn't feel heavy or greasy so that's a huge plus! This is the number one moisturizer I reach for, I always make a point to repurchase. It is affordable, you don't need to use alot of it, so it lasts a good amount of time.
Only bad things I have to say are that it comes in a jar, so some people might find that unsanitary. Also it does have a smell to it, (I am picky about having fragrance free products on my face), however the smell doesn't bother me. The smell reminds me of Johnson & Johnson baby products. I have sensitive skin & this does not make my acne worse.
I like to use this most days, even mixing it with something that has SPF.

on 6/22/2015 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using Olay for at least 15 years. I love this product. My skin is pretty normal, perhaps a tad dry here and there. This stuff keeps it hydrated and soft all day. I'll never use anything else.

on 6/16/2015 3:00:00 AM

I was looking for a lightweight daily moisturizer for my combination skin. This stuff has a nice texture, provides a nice touch of moisture without being shiny, and absorbs quickly. However, it has a heavy perfumy scent that I really don't care for. Honestly, without the smell this would probably be hg and I would stock up on it for life. But I think I will keep looking. If you don't mind scents though, I would recommend trying this!

on 6/8/2015 10:40:00 PM

A friend and I both developed acne using this product.

on 3/11/2015 4:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Once upon a time I swore by Olay beauty fluid. I strayed over the years, and during that time my skin has gone from oily to combination. I had been using an expensive Lush moisturizer, but it did nothing for my dry patches, while keeping the rest of my face very shiny looking. On a drugstore run, I picked up this cream. I figured that I might like the cream form better now, and I was right! I love the fact that this moisturizer absorbs into the skin so quickly - I can even wear it in the daytime! I actually enjoy the scent. I'm not sure why the bottle I have is pink - this wasn't always the case, was it? At any rate, it's a good product, and I recommend trying it out.

on 3/7/2015 8:37:00 AM

Long time HG for me. Not greasy. Has never broken me out or caused any skin problems at all. Hydrates well. It might not seem like it's hydrating enough because I don't feel any tackiness and it absorbs so fast but I tested it on my extra dry areas and Yes they were back to normal.

on 2/24/2015 6:35:00 PM

fav night time cream ever. i was sad that the sensitive skin one got discontinued so i moved onto this one. theres fragrance but it doesnt bother me too much. i always apply a generous layer before bed. only downside is when i wake up in the morning theres usually residue on my face and feels a bit greasy. it works wonders for my skin tho retaining moisture and soothing it so i dont mind. will be repurchasing again.

on 1/21/2015 4:41:00 PM

I have dry skin so this works wonders!! Leaves my face very soft. I apply it in the morning before I apply my makeup and at night

on 1/13/2015 10:30:00 AM

Purchased this product for the dry skin on my face due to cold weather. I've had it about a week now and am pleased with it. The scent took a little time to get used to but it fades quickly. It definitely helped my dry skin and has left my skin feeling softer. I have combination skin and occasionally get a pimple. I haven't broken out at all which I was worried about. The cream is light and absorbs quickly. Doesn't leave me feeling greasy at all. I normally use it in the morning before applying my makeup and sometimes at night if my skin looks dry. Plan on keeping this stuff around.

on 11/2/2014 1:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

irritated my skin, i like the smell though