Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer - Merlot

3.4

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 9/10/2013 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I received this lip shimmer in the Burt's Bee's grab bag; I would never purchased this color myself. The color is so intensely dark and red that I feel like I am the joker from Batman whenever I apply this color, even if I apply with a light hand. I have a lot of trouble with pulling off dark lip colors so I end up never using this lip shimmer. Fortunately, I found a use for this lip shimmer: I use a little of it and put in into DIY lip balms for a tint of color.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I absolutely LOVE this stuff. This is the only lip balm I have ever found that has enough pigment for me. I have a few of these in different purses but I haven't seen them on shelves lately and I'm a little nervous they're being discontinued. The color is a nice berry and it does show up on my lips. In fact, it looks great. It's a bit thinner than regular balm but I'm ok with that. It also seems to have a lower melting point which can make it messy in your purse if you're not careful. Still, I love it, and I repeat because it's the only lip balm I've EVER tried that had enough pigment to actually make it worth labeling as tinted.

on 10/27/2010 12:12:00 PM

This shade is a bit dark for my taste, so I just dab it over my lips and then apply a nude lipgloss. I'm really liking it even the minty flavor. I would love to try the other shades. The only thing is that it's a bit mooshy to soft.

on 8/2/2010 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This is in my touch-up kit for winter. I've found that it is a much cheaper dupe for Lipstick Queen's Medieval, with the benefit of a minty balm. The color is not a spot-on match, but it is still close enough for me. Perfect for daytime winter wear, when my Medieval just won't give me enough moisture. I have tried it as a cheek tint, and I like the colour for that purpose too as it makes my cheeks look flushed and healthy, rather than the obvious 'she applied blusher in a weird colour' look. If you have sensitive skin, the peppermint may irritate or burn your skin. Have repurchased twice, will continue to do so.

on 8/8/2009 4:57:00 AM

I love it! It is so pretty if you are cool-toned and not afraid of wearing a true red. Normally I just dab it on lightly and it gives my lips a very natural hint of color. The shimmers have the nice minty smell and taste and last medium long.

Still Rhubarb is my favorite, but I like Merlot very much too. Nurturing lipbalm + great color = love!

on 7/27/2009 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I was very disappointed with this product.

Initial color is nice when you first put it on; however, it fades really quickly! Does not have any staying power at all. You will be reapplying every hour, what's the point?

In addition, if you have sensitive lips like I do, it has a very strong stinging sensation. I wouldn't recommend buying it.

on 5/17/2009 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Color: A+ nice red/pink hue
Flavor: F peppermint grossness
Price: C $3 for a thin/small tube

on 5/15/2009 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Silly me thought Merlot would be a wine color, or like black honey but it turned out to be dark red. Not like Raisin, which is a true red, but a dark bordering on fuscia red. Way darker than I am used to wearing, like lady of the night red. If I apply this, it's with a very light hand. Otherwise, I'll look like a clown. Maybe this works better for cooler complexions. Raisin doesn't work for me either unless I apply it with a light hand. Or maybe it's just me not being comfortable with very dark pigmented lips.

on 1/16/2009 12:10:00 AM

very pretty brightish red color. all the great benefits of the lip balm but with color, definitely loving it.

on 12/6/2008 11:33:00 PM

This has a great color, and it is smooth and very moisturizing. The berry color looks like you just ate a raspberry popsicle or had a good snog. It also works as a good cheek stain, and is a cheap alternative for other lip stains like benetint!

Top Rated Burt's Bees Products