MAC Viva Glam V

4.3

"Who the heck will buy a lipstick that doesn't give a reasonable color payoff?" I said. Well, I choked on my words.

True to most reviews, VGV is really a universal lipstick. A true MLBB. It's so versatile, you can wear it daytime, night-time, to work, on formal occassions. At afar, it registers as if you've only applied lipgloss. But close enough, it's so neutral that you can't even tell it's exact color. It's a lovely minimalist but sophisticated shade. On me, it's like a light rosey-bronzey-beige with golden shimmers. I also noticed that despite being 'barely-there" it gave dimension to my lips. Very flattering. Gorgeous.

I even feel pretty with only this and BB cream on my bare face. It's the perfect natural-look partner. I think it would also work well with light and heavy eye makeup. Personally, I haven't tried using this with lipliner or putting it over other lipsticks, but being a universal shade - in my opinion, there are plenty of options to play with.

As expected with lusters, you have to swipe this a lot to get good payoff. I need to swipe it 10 times to build the desired tone. It glides like butter but feels dry after a while. Don't expect this to last with eating and drinking, that's a given. Oh, but I don't mind reapplying.

Overall, I think this shade is concocted by a makeup genius. It's a good investment. I recommend this to MAC lippie newbies. Will repurchase.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is the closest "Nude" colour I might wear. On swatches on my arm it looks soft, pale mix of beige and pink. On my naturally pigmented pinky/reddish lips it actually tones down and makes it looks much closer to my skintone (very fair yellowy Asian skin). The perfect Nude lipstick for my colouring. Very neutral colour & subtle & quite gorgeous.

The only "downside" for me is that nude lips requires more elaborate makeup elsewhere and I'm rather lazy most of the days so well, this lipstick only goes out for the week end outings.

Four stars but might deserve five since well, it's harder to wear for me without any other makeup ;)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been channeling the newer Lauren LC Conrad look (well, newer to me anyhoo!), I had my hair cut short too n I'm I'm the process of going blonder; I like her beachy healthy cali vibe: wings that cut, light neutral e/s (think satin taupe or Woodwinked), well groomed brows, strobing w Soft And Gentle, & a nice nude brown lip which Viva Glam V is a perf brown nude w a fine shimmer is effortless like LC perf laid back vibe. I wear this w VGV Lipglass & a MAC lipliner like Subculture or Stripdown. For effortless youthful chic! I can see this looking good on most light/medium skin w light/med blonde/light brown hair like Mizz LC herself I don't know if she wears MAC but many celebs do! So many good colors. I have approx ~60 lipsticks/Lipglass/lipliners from MAC. At $16 (now $18.02 w tax USD$ it was $16.96 now $18.02 w the dollar price hike) thank gawd for free shipping! ;) this is my every day go-to lip. Every person needs a go-to lip. But this would flatter all coloring...A modern new classic twist on the nude lip.

I bought this lipstick after reading rave reviews about it online, and I needed a neutral tone lipstick since my collection is mostly bright pink, red, and dark purple colours.

It's a lovely pinkish-brownish colour with a gorgeous golden glittery sheen that looks pretty on my lips.

It's very moisturising and doesn't feel dry at all. It's a versatile colour that can pair well with different types of makeup looks, but I prefer to keep my eyes smoky or neutral/warm when wearing viva glam v.

Overall I would buy this lipstick again, it's great for when you want a natural, shimmery colour to enhance your look.

My holy grail lipstick. I am fair with blue eyes and blonde hair and I never don't love wearing this, no matter what else I've got in my face. It is so freaking stunning. For any occasion, any makeup look, any time, anywhere. I get compliments on it every single time I wear it.
My love!!!! 💗 please never leave me!!

I have had this lipstick for quite a while and this is the second one I have got. I dont know what it is but it just doesnt do anything for me. I used to like it or probably been trying to like it as it had such good reviews but the nice neutral pink that it turns out on everyone else just turns out a brown mauve on me with too much glitter/shimmer.

My lips are very pigmented, more or less a red colour naturally but I put a light bit of foundation on my lips before putting this on to try and get the true colour of the lipstick but the colour just is not nice on me.

Three stars because I love MAC lipsticks in general and the way they go on but I wont be purchasing this one again.

I really love this lipstick from MAC and it was one of the first lipsticks I bought from the brand along with 5 others. This is a medium pinky brown with muted golden shimmer and a lustre finish. I'm fair with pretty pale lips so if I don't have some type of product on my lips I look washed out. This lipstick is so easy to throw in my purse and apply without worrying if it looks bad or uneven and it goes with any makeup look. I've worn it with bright colorful eyes, no eye makeup, smoky eyes...anything goes! This is the perfect lipstick to accentuate your lips without detracting from the rest of your makeup. It just adds a very nice MLBB color with a bit of shimmer and a slightly glossy looking finish. It never looks too 'done' unless you use it with a liner. I go to a lot of live music and this lipstick is always in my purse so I can throw it on without having to run to the bathroom, and it's hydrating enough that it keeps my lips smooth and doesn't dry them out.

I lost my first tube about a month ago (one of the hazards of carrying it everywhere...) and immediately bought another one even though I have so many lip products that it's incredibly rare for me to replenish something when it runs out. I use it so often that I'm already 1/2 way through that tube. I like knowing that my money is also helping to support a good cause so I'll keep buying it as long as they make it! Oh, and the scent is nice too. Other lipsticks try to mimic that scent but there's just something about MAC lipstick that is so luxe, including the sturdy and classic packaging.

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Picked this up because I was looking for a MLBB from Mac. At first I did not like this lipstick. It has lots of shimmers in it, the color pay off was okay, and the staying power was only an hour or so. But for some reason I keep reaching for it over my other lipsticks when I'm on the run or getting ready for school. This lipstick definitely grew on me and now I absolutely love everything about it. The color is very universal and will flattering. It's not opaque but more like a nice sheen of color on my lips

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

my favourite lip stick from Mac hands down! I own a few Mac lip sticks and this one is amazing! it glides on beautifully! I've received quite a few compliments when I wear this lip stick. It's definitely MLBB. The color is a pinkish brown with small gold specks in it. I don't need a mirror to put this on which is a huge bonus! I absolutely love how this smells! it has a bit of a vanilla scent to me. It does go away pretty quickly if you aren't into scents. I love that 100% of the profits go to their Mac foundation. The packaging is really cute! I like the pink color on it. I top this off with my Mac Deelight Lip Glass. definitely a repurchase!

my first mac lipstick ! My chubby cheeks make my lips look so small and the bright reds, purples and pinks just do not work for me. i found this lipstick to be a slightly "nude" pink/brown colour that does not make my cheeks look even bigger than they are already! Love it ! finally a colour that i can wear !

Recommended for Medium Skin