September 1, 2014 | 2252 users online

Foundations - Shu Uemura - UV Powder Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 9:23:00 AM More reviews by afternoonsea

One of the best powder foundations that I've ever tried. I've been wearing foundation since i was 14, and I have went through countless brands, MAC, Anna Sui, NYX, etc. Although this foundation is the best if you only need minor touch-ups for your skin, i.e. unevenness and dark spots. Definitely not something that I would recommend if you are someone that has major skin problems, or noticeable acne and blemishes that you need to cover. However.as a touch-up foundation it is perfect. I always apply it after I apply some moisturizer. I used a foundation powder brush to apply it, but the sponge is really good if you want to cover up a spot specifically. for more info, you should check out some of the shu uemura videos on youtube, it really help you to apply the foundation better! But the result from the foundation powder is wonderful, it makes me feel like I look like a porcelain doll.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2010 12:24:00 PM More reviews by deaMariel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is by far the best foundation I have ever tried. I'm using the shade 554 and must say it compliments my skin very well. Unlike other powder foundation, it doesnt look or feel dry on skin. Not heavy even if used on top of my sunblock. After several hours the powder seems to just melt in your skin giving you a natural look like the one you get from applying tinted moisturizer. The feel is really very light and no need for touch ups, just use oil blotting paper. I find the compact also very cute and just the right size, mirror size is also good. Compact looks very chic, this is a must have for those who do not want to look as if they're made up : p

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2009 3:49:00 AM More reviews by bglasper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this Shu Uemura Natural Glow Finish Powder Foundation in Shade 964 or Almond Beige. It has an SPF 20 UVA protection. 13 grams. I bought the refill only for fear of not really matching my skin tone when I was out of the store, or looking too chalky or powdery on me like another jap brand: Kanebo White C, but thankfully it didn't. It did save me a good $14 for the case. And later I discovered that it fits perfectly on my Clarins powder case so voila I have a case without the additional cost. I was looking for a powder that can be used for the on-the-go type of person that will not fail and don't need a lot of spreading to even the skin's flaw just tapping motion. And will not looked too polished and will look like natural. The powder works well -- worn w/o liquid foundation, just pure powder... it didn't appear chalky nor powdery on me. My face looked fresh, natural even under humid condition. At first application it does look just a bit white, but it did not cake or anything when it settles after a while. When it settled, the shade gave me a good match. It didn't look too white. I also notice it works well esp when the face is quite moist. It spreads well. It has a slight matte finish if worn alone, so with a bit of blush and added shimmer or shiner on the cheeks, it works very well. I have combination skin and this foundation powder did deliver bec it did not look very oily. It did control the oil in my face, it did not feel yucky. Retouching it by wiping your face with some oil blotter or tissue first before applying this powder does the trick. I give it 4 lippies because first: it did not give full coverage, however it lightened some acne scars and dark spots left by my acne. Secondly, it is a bit pricey $37 for the refill only. Overall not bad bec the shade matches really well, it looked natural and gave some glow to the face. It lightened the scars a bit, helps control the oil in humid weather, does not cake nor look powdery. That's all!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2005 4:56:00 AM More reviews by Wolkje

I must say that I am truly a Shu Uemura fan ! I've been using their Fluid N #764 for many years (after 'trying many different kinds of foundations like Lancome, Chanel, MAC, Estee Lauder) and I will continue to do so. The only thing is that using a make up brush to apply liquid foundation usually takes some time (read: 5-10 minutes or so)That's why lately I've been thinking about buying something which doesn't take too much of my precious time. Well: this is definitely the perfect product. It's exactly what I was looking for. I've been using it both dry and wet. The result you get from this (especially if applied with damp sponge) is the same result you get after using both liquid foundation ánd powder. Truly amazing !
I will keep this in my purse all the time and I will DEFINITELY repurchase this great great product.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2005 11:13:00 PM More reviews by reismione

If this is the UV perfect foundation, I will give 2 thumbs up. Excellent product. Cover is medium to heavy depending on how much you layer on your face. Looks most natural but oil control is still a problem cos I looked "shiny" after around 3 to 4 hrs of usage. Loved the compact for its large mirror. Another winner from Shu Uemura. (^-^)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2004 7:09:00 AM More reviews by dallas_kristi

If this indeed velvet perfect adjusting powdery foundation -- then it is the BEST. Hands down. I bought this in London and cannot even begin to find all the words to say how great it is. My skin looks amazing, pores smaller, redness gone. I am a PPP with lots of red blotches and this in 764 works wonders.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2004 10:52:00 PM More reviews by reismione

Excellent coverage. Looks v natural on my face even after no touch-ups (blotting only) since 8am till 11pm. Powder's v silky n fine. Can't tell tat it's a 2-way. More like a liquid foundation finish. Definitely will buy it again! (^-^)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2003 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Baby_Yousei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think the MA told me to use this wet for more coverage, but I've been using it dry and it gives me such a perfect, flawless look! I'm Asian, light skin, I have it in pink 112. It doesn't even look like I have foundation on! I would definitly buy this again, but my Shu counter recently moved away, I'm DYING of anticipation for them to come back!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2003 5:14:00 AM More reviews by cremebrulee

Is this the same as the velvet perfect powder foundation SPF 14? If this is it---WOW! This powder feels so light and glides on face. The shade the SA recommended for me 964 went on so smooth, light unscented that I thought I applied with the wrong end of sponge. Instantly blended and matched my skin perfectly. Couldn't tell I had make-up just smooth skin. The price is murder of course but my skin is worth it! Shu fdns. are weird tho because in fluid S i'm a 565 and in Nobara and water perfect I am 764.
I know the 3 series is the red tones and the 5 on the pink, 7 more on yellow and 9 the yellowest.
From there the higher the last two nos. the lighter the shade. Ex. a 564 is lighter than a 554 and so on. I'm always on the 64 or 65 shade but my first no. varies according to formula. For reference I am a BB warm ivory, MAC C2 and LM Warm Ivory. Hope I helped

18 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2001 8:59:00 PM More reviews by blyss

I was given a makeover by a Shu artist who used this one me. Usually i use Fluid S so this was a bit different. It comes in a compact and it's very similar to a cream to powder foundation. After this dries (which doesnt take long), it has a really smooth finish. I definately say that this is a medium silky coverage (definately not sheer). The price is definately reasonable for the quality! I'll give it a try once I'm done my fluid S.