Smashbox Seamless foundation

3.7

Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol Ricinoleate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Stearic Acid, Benzophenone-3 (Oxybenzone), Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Cetyl Alcohol, Polysorbate, Polysorbate-20, Polysorbate-60, Lecithin, Triethanolamine, Allantoin, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Carbomer, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Xanthan Gum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Simethicone. May contain: Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77489, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 9/26/2011 12:36:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

For pale ladies, this is not a good one to try - the lightest 1.0 Ivory is close to NC20. Almost olive colored, so if you think you are olive, I would recommend trying. Coverage was decent, blended in it covered some of my acne scars but not all. Can not comment on the wear of this foundation - took it off immediately. For reference, I am NW10-15.

on 3/24/2009 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

My skin is acidic, and some foundation tends to get darker on my face through the day. So when I tried this with the help of an MA at a store, I waited it out first before deciding whether or not to purchase. She picked the second to the lightest shade for me, which was actually a perfect match. But then my face got oily after just an hour (even when she used the wet/dry SB foundation on top), the color did turn darker, and when I got home I noticed my skin kind of flared up a little. The next morning I had a few whiteheads here and there. That fast! (And yes, I did remove the makeup and washed my face before sleeping.) This product isn't for me.

on 1/28/2009 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I really liked this makeup. It went on great and covered great.

on 7/16/2008 9:03:00 PM

i have absolutly nothing bad to say about this product..i purchased it in ivory and it lived up to everyone of my standards definatly a must have product!

on 1/1/2008 10:15:00 PM

I love this foundation! It goes on so smooth and lasting power is great. It blends perfectly into my skin and gives a super natural finish. My skin looks even and healthy like it has no makeup on. I got this on sale, but I will definitely repurchase.

on 5/14/2007 5:43:00 PM

I used to have it in White oak2, it is a nice one, not GREAT thou.
The New one with SPF15 ($38) is waaaaay better, try it first.
BUT DO NOT BUY SEAMLESS $34usd it is ( going to be) DISCONTINUED!!!!!!!!
as well as the PRESSED POWDER $28usd.
Consider if you are going to get it you might be getting an old caudated one.... and you might not be able to return it. You don't want that for your skin, after all, for some reason they are taking it out of the market.

on 2/4/2007 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Just a bit of insider information - Smashbox Studio is a location here in Los Angeles that houses LA Fashion Week every year, as well as being a mainstay studio for many high fashion photshoots. Smashbox is the line of cosmetics that got developed from the makeup artists that work with at the studios. I work in the fashion industry, have been to many photoshoots, and I will tell you firsthand that this is a foundation that every MA knows about. I have not heard one bad thing about this foundation from any MA I've ever talked to. Anyway, I have tried lots of foundations, and I have to say the texture and application of this foundation is really INCREDIBLE, AMAZING, and so unlike any other foundation I have ever come across! I apply it with my Prescriptives Foundation Brush. I imagine my face is a canvas and apply it with a very light touch, and it goes from a liquid foundation to velvety finish in seconds. It blows me away! What's also really incredible is that I can use it to gently layer on when I need extra coverage to hide acne scars that are on their way to healing. So it can work very well as a concealer, too. The coverage for this foundation is medium to heavy, depending on how you layer it, and it really hides your pores so you can achieve that flawless finish. What else can i say...I have used this in conjunction with Paula Dorf's Perfect Primer and it stays on all day, no creasing, smearing, melting, streaking, flaking...it's so incredible together. (*Please see my review about Paula Dorf's Primer, though.) The ONLY ONLY ONLY reason I am giving this foundation 4 lippies is that the color is not exact to my skin tone. But if this foundation ever came in a shade that matches mine, you can believe this will get a 5! and FYI, I use Smashing Beige.

on 10/31/2006 11:42:00 AM

Very nice, creamy foundation, doesn't settle into large pores. I use the green primer which is very smoothing. I bought the foundation, primer and the brush at Ulta. the brush was hard to get used to but works better than fingers and you use less. I can be a little heavy handed when I use fingers. the MUA picked Ivory for me but I am wondering if Petal would be better for me. Overall, very nice, slight luminous finish, not my HG, but I don't think anything will ever be...

on 9/24/2006 9:34:00 AM

HI,
I have used this foudation for over 3 months now and I love it. Its on the pricy side, but has good coverage and glides on easily. I do use the Smashbox primer underneath so I get a glide on finish. Sometimes in bright light I feel like I may have too dark of foundation as I use Petal and am very fair. Good quality, great packaging, a little on the pricy side, but overall a good foundation for coverage.

This is a great product for mature skin, it doesn't crease later in the day and it covers larger pores. The only complaint is that any time I have a a noticable discoloration, it doesn't cover that well. Otherwise, great product.