December 21, 2014 | 1668 users online

Shampoo - Jason Natural Cosmetics - Natural Apricot Shampoo - Super Shine

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2014 2:53:00 PM More reviews by TurtleMoon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm currently on a mission to use hair products that are free of parabens and SLS, so was intrigued to try the JĀSÖN Super Shine Apricot Shampoo especially as it's been established since 1959 (so they must be doing something right!).

First off this smells really lovely. I love the scent of apricots and peaches, so this was always going to be a winner with me, but this is a really fresh, summery scent which left my hair smelling amazing (especially when used with the conditioner from the same range).

For a shampoo free of SLS this foamed up really well too. I shampoo my hair every day during the week, so need a product that's going to leave my hair feeling clean but not stripped. And this did exactly that. It wasn't quite as thick as regular shampoo so you have to be a little bit more careful when dispensing it, but the bottle is perfectly designed to help ensure you don't squeeze out too much in one go. I would say the only slight downside to this shampoo is that after a while I felt my hair was starting to suffer from build up, leaving it feeling and looking a bit lank and lifeless. However, I found the solution was to use a clarifying shampoo once a week which helped to prevent this.

I think I paid around £3.99 for this which is good value when you consider it lasted me a good couple of months. I would definitely repurchase and am now interested to try the other shampoos and conditioners in the JĀSÖN range.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2014 2:23:00 PM More reviews by MakeUpIsFabulous

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

[I have thick, dry, and dull dark brown hair. ]
The smell of apricot is so good!! and the fragrance is not too overwhelming just perfect as hair products with too much fragrance give my scalp irritaion really quickly.
After one use I found that this gave me shine and much needed moisture- however it did not really help much with the frizz and excessive volume my hair has. :3
I got this at sprouts on sale for $7.99 regular price is about $10.99USD.-a bit pricey for this product, but I would re-purchase on sale again.
I have dry hair and sometimes when I work out my scalp will sweat and make my scalp smelly sweaty-but I'll have frizzy dry hair. When I use shampoos with fragrance then my scalp gets irritation...
Im glad that this shampoo is one of the first that has great fragrance and did not irritate my scalp.
I would repurchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2013 3:58:00 AM More reviews by elliezabeth22

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product works really well on thick hair, and definitely makes it shinier over the course of a month. You have to use it daily in order to remove build-up from other shampoos with synthetic ingredients (it takes a while!). I feel like I lose less hair down the shower drain whenever I use this shampoo. The scent is delicious. It's pricey, but you have to expect that with natural and organic products in general. Despite the price, if you use this shampoo sparingly (you only need a dollop about the size of a half-dollar per day) it should last you a while, and you barely need conditioner because the shampoo moisturizes your hair nicely.
I'd recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2013 6:25:00 AM More reviews by hazelblackolive

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This review is of the Jason Natural Apricot Shampoo and Conditioner as I never use either alone so am reviewing the combined benefits. I've been going on a bit of a organic product overhaul, once I'm done with each 'normal' product I replace it with a well researched (read: makeupalley'd) organic alternative. I was a bit apprehensive about switching my shampoo and conditioner to non SLS though because yes, SLS is bad but sometimes its necessary for your hair to look good, but I gave it a go anyway. It's extraordinary. It washes as well as any other good shampoo I've ever used and it's minus any chemicals. It adds such a stunning shine to hair too, which goes a long way in making it appear healthy. I always wonder how some girls get their hair so shiny. Answer: This. The packaging is lacking in the sense that it's hard not to dispense too much product, but I can deal because you learn after a few tries how to lessen it. I only ever wash my scalp, with one pea sized amount, rinse and then repeat until it foams, rinse. Then I condition from the ears down and leave for a few minutes, rinse. And then run some Argan Oil through my lengths and leave to dry. This combination is my HG. Get get get.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2012 10:52:00 PM More reviews by dch05

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I must say, this is my HG shampoo. I rarely buy the same shampoo twice. In an effort to be more green and use more natural products, I have tried countless organic shampoos, and they left my hair greasy, frizzy, weighed down and blah. not anymore. my fine hair loves this shampoo. It cleans well, leaves my hair shiny and manageable. I have become a big fan of Jason Cosmetics line. I would recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2012 1:04:00 PM More reviews by jokasta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Could it be that I have finally found my HG shampoo? I have fine hair that tends to get oily with most shampoos and in a day after shampooing, my hair looks dull and weighted down.
This really cleanses the hair and it even changes the colour of my hair to a brighter and lighter one, probably due to all the gunk and build up it manages to remove. You do not get that squeaky clean sensation like you usually have with clarifying shampoos and at first you may ask yourself if it managed to clean your hair at all. However, once the hair is dried you are lift with bright, seriously shiny, healthy hear, full of body. And all this, with great materials too. Love it!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2012 1:27:00 AM More reviews by Kiana16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The first time I used this, I really enjoyed the shine and extra luster it gave to my hair. I use this shampoo every time I wash my hair with the exception of once every two weeks which I use a clarifying shampoo. And I wash my hair 2-3 times a week. I think this is a regular shampoo, but then again, I don't have damaged hair that needs moisture, my hair is actually oily. So all I look for is a shampoo that cleans well, and adds shine and decreases frizz. This seems to do that and I have no complaints. The only thing is, and as with all products imo, after using this regularly, I feel that it doesn't have the same effect on my hair as the first few times. MAYBE it's because I have just gotten used to the new appearance of my hair and the new shine, or maybe it just doesn't work as well. My hair is still shiny, I just can't remember if it is like before I bought this shampoo or not. So what I suggest is to switch between two shampoos; that way your hair might not get used to one product. I just purchased organix cherry blossom shampoo and I can't wait to use that as well. Also this is sulfate free so be prepared for zero lather (which doesn't bother me one bit). It cleans well, adds shine and that's all I look for in a shampoo anyway so I'm happy. Definitely needs a conditioner though

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2012 11:59:00 PM More reviews by yesjessica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The smell is okay and I have no doubt that it cleans my hair. My problem is that this shampoo is extremely drying. I cannot use it two days in a row otherwise my scalp will itch and become flaky.

I expected something all natural and sulfate-free to be less harsh. It's fine for using once or twice per week as a clarifying shampoo, but once it runs out I won't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2011 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Rienne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

So far so good. I'm close to finishing my first bottles of the matched pair of shampoo & conditioner; and I find this a lot better than my last two natural tries. The shampoo smells nice, lathers sufficiently to give the impression it does its job, and gets my hair clean. I always need conditioner, so that is usually the more important part of the picture. I would buy it again.

Some comment that it is thick. I didn't have the issue with the shampoo, but with the conditioner, I just added some water. Problem solved.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2011 6:12:00 AM More reviews by oonaghst

I'm really surprised and impressed with the shampoo and conditioner - my hair feels and looks like silk, it's like having 'virgin' hair even though mine has been coloured for years. It's all swingy and soft and is all bouncy and light.
I do the double wash thing (no lather first time, then loads the second). My hair does feel a bit matted and dry at the back after shampooing (as with all shampoos at the min. due to growing out highlights) but once that conditioner goes on, it's love!
The only thing is I can't stop feeling my hair!

Edit 7/2/11: This isn't as good as the conditioner (which I still really like) as the shampoo needs to be double-done and then leaves some of my hair a bit strawlike, which is only undone by use of the excellent conditioner.