Nature's Gate Tea Tree Oil Conditioner

Not tested on animals

Water, Glycerin (Vegetable Derived), Stearyl Alcohol (Vegetable Derived), Cetyl Alcohol (Vegetable Derived), Stearalkonium Chloride (Vegetable Derived), Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Vegetable Derived), Benzyl Alcohol, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Borago Officinalis (Borage) Seed Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Melissa Officinalis (Balm Mint) Extract, Quillaja Saponaria (Soap Bark) Bark Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract, Nasturtium Officinale (Watercress) Flower/Leaf Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Hydroxyethylcellulose (Plant Derived), Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid (Vegetable Derived), Fragrance*. * Phthalate free

This product has been replaced by the near-identical "Tea Tree + Sea Buckthorn Calming Conditioner".

I bought this as a treatment-type conditioner for my hair as I have scalp issues and also wanted my hair to be soft, smooth, and tangle free.

I will say that it leaves my hair in fairly good condition (as most conditioners do, let's be honest), but the fragrance was actually too light for me, likely due to their being insufficient tea tree oil in it. Personally, if I am leaving a conditioner in my hair for a full three minutes, I am expecting there will be a residual fragrance. This wasn't too surprising, though, because right out of the bottle, you can tell the fragrance is quite light. More importantly, I am not sure this did anything for my dandruff.

It is not horrible, but I wouldn't repurchase.

on 2/11/2015 2:30:00 AM

It's okay but left my hair feeling a bit coated and a bit flat. Contains soy and vegetable proteins, not sure if that's why my hair didn't like it.

Scent is minty, not my favorite.

------------------------------------
Ingredients:
* Phthalate free

on 4/19/2014 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

This is truly a moisturizing conditioner where a little goes a long way for my fine, straight hair. It always makes my hair super soft. I concentrate the product at the ends of my hair and rarely put any directly onto my scalp, which would make my hair flat and easily greasy throughout the day. It smells great (not overpowering) and is fairly priced at about $8 a bottle.

on 2/20/2014 9:57:00 AM

This is my go-to conditioner (along with the matching shampoo) in the winter months when it's so dry out. It is very creamy and does a nice job of conditioning and leaving my short, wavy, color-treated hair soft and scalp healthy. I gave it 4 lippies because the tea tree fragrance (although not strong) has never been my favorite scent. But for performance it's definitely a 5 lippie. The Tea Tree Nature's Gate shampoo and conditioner are a bit more expensive then the other Nature's Gate shampoos/conditioners but worth it.

on 2/2/2014 6:46:00 PM

In my never-ending quest to find a silicone-free conditioner, I saw this at my local Kroger and decided to try it. After using it for about a week, my normally fine, frizzy hair is easier to comb through after a shower, and the detangling effect seems to last all day. At my last haircut, the hairdresser said my hair was so smooth that she didn't even need to use any products! Best of all, because this is a light conditioner, it will not weigh your hair down. The only downsides are price and availability. This conditioner costs more than most drugstore shampoos, and only a few stores carry it, but I am willing to pay a little more for such great results!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Finally no more dry itchy winter scalp full of dandruff!! Unlike most other conditioners, you can actually put this on your scalp as well as your hair. It does not weigh the hair down because it's a light conditioner. With that said, you'll need to use a bit more than other conditioners in order to achieve the calming and moisturizing effect for your hair and scalp. Leave it on for 3 minutes, and voila, no more dry irritated scalp. Amazing HG winter conditioner!

on 8/18/2011 8:32:00 AM

It gives a great feel to my hair straight after washing. It makes it look healthy and shiny but the next day it goes greasy pretty quickly. I love the tea trea tingle in the shower and it detangles very well. I love that it doesn't feel full of silicones - the texture is very naturally creamy. I think it is nice for the price and the amount you get.

This product is very iffy to me. No exceptional conditioning, didn't like the smell too much and left a bit of residue on my hair. Just didn't like it overall.

on 5/24/2009 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

been using this for about a week and i must say i like it...i have severely dry scalp and this has been the ONLY thing that has calmed it. my scalp is nowhere near as dry or itchy as it used to be..definitely worth the price, altho it's a bit pricey...will definitely buy again..great for co-washing because not only does it treat the scalp nicely, it conditioners the hair well...

on 4/1/2009 2:31:00 PM

One of my HG conditioners! I totally love it.
I don't suffer from dandruff, but I have sensitive, somewhat grease-prone scalp and more or less normal long (midback) hair, fine but thick.
Don't be afraid to try this even if you don't need anti-dandruff stuff, it is not medicated, it's just that the tea tree oil & mint are supposed to be calming ingredients that soothe the scalp (and irritated scalp is one of the possible causes of dandruff).
Anyway, Nature's Gate produces some of my favorite hair stuff so I try every product they have that fits my hair type. I haven't met one I disliked yet, though some are better for me than others. This one is amazing. Despite its thick creamy texture, it is a lightweight conditioner that moisturizes my waves without making them limp. It gives a wonderful fresh feeling and has a minty smell that makes you think of an early summer morning. I love using it with Lemongrass shampoo from the Organics line.