July 30, 2014 | 1118 users online

Conditioner - Nature's Gate - Tea Tree Oil Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2014 7:17:00 PM More reviews by carissytine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is truly a moisturizing conditioner where a little goes a long way for my fine, straight hair. It always makes my hair super soft. I concentrate the product at the ends of my hair and rarely put any directly onto my scalp, which would make my hair flat and easily greasy throughout the day. It smells great (not overpowering) and is fairly priced at about $8 a bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2014 9:57:00 AM More reviews by ginnymat2

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my go-to conditioner (along with the matching shampoo) in the winter months when it's so dry out. It is very creamy and does a nice job of conditioning and leaving my short, wavy, color-treated hair soft and scalp healthy. I gave it 4 lippies because the tea tree fragrance (although not strong) has never been my favorite scent. But for performance it's definitely a 5 lippie. The Tea Tree Nature's Gate shampoo and conditioner are a bit more expensive then the other Nature's Gate shampoos/conditioners but worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2014 6:46:00 PM More reviews by laluna82

In my never-ending quest to find a silicone-free conditioner, I saw this at my local Kroger and decided to try it. After using it for about a week, my normally fine, frizzy hair is easier to comb through after a shower, and the detangling effect seems to last all day. At my last haircut, the hairdresser said my hair was so smooth that she didn't even need to use any products! Best of all, because this is a light conditioner, it will not weigh your hair down. The only downsides are price and availability. This conditioner costs more than most drugstore shampoos, and only a few stores carry it, but I am willing to pay a little more for such great results!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2012 3:55:00 PM More reviews by BubbleTeaGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Finally no more dry itchy winter scalp full of dandruff!! Unlike most other conditioners, you can actually put this on your scalp as well as your hair. It does not weigh the hair down because it's a light conditioner. With that said, you'll need to use a bit more than other conditioners in order to achieve the calming and moisturizing effect for your hair and scalp. Leave it on for 3 minutes, and voila, no more dry irritated scalp. Amazing HG winter conditioner!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2011 8:32:00 AM More reviews by iramasson

It gives a great feel to my hair straight after washing. It makes it look healthy and shiny but the next day it goes greasy pretty quickly. I love the tea trea tingle in the shower and it detangles very well. I love that it doesn't feel full of silicones - the texture is very naturally creamy. I think it is nice for the price and the amount you get.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2010 12:12:00 AM More reviews by KaiserMimiVII

This product is very iffy to me. No exceptional conditioning, didn't like the smell too much and left a bit of residue on my hair. Just didn't like it overall.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2009 5:34:00 PM More reviews by jkpetite

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

been using this for about a week and i must say i like it...i have severely dry scalp and this has been the ONLY thing that has calmed it. my scalp is nowhere near as dry or itchy as it used to be..definitely worth the price, altho it's a bit pricey...will definitely buy again..great for co-washing because not only does it treat the scalp nicely, it conditioners the hair well...

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2009 2:31:00 PM More reviews by ilgs

One of my HG conditioners! I totally love it.
I don't suffer from dandruff, but I have sensitive, somewhat grease-prone scalp and more or less normal long (midback) hair, fine but thick.
Don't be afraid to try this even if you don't need anti-dandruff stuff, it is not medicated, it's just that the tea tree oil & mint are supposed to be calming ingredients that soothe the scalp (and irritated scalp is one of the possible causes of dandruff).
Anyway, Nature's Gate produces some of my favorite hair stuff so I try every product they have that fits my hair type. I haven't met one I disliked yet, though some are better for me than others. This one is amazing. Despite its thick creamy texture, it is a lightweight conditioner that moisturizes my waves without making them limp. It gives a wonderful fresh feeling and has a minty smell that makes you think of an early summer morning. I love using it with Lemongrass shampoo from the Organics line.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2008 4:38:00 PM More reviews by kschmiddy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm a big fan of tea tree oil and this was the product that turned me from a questioner to a believer. I've now tried both Nature's Gate tea tree shampoo & conditioner and Paul Mitchell's tea tree shampoo & conditioner and I prefer Nature's Gate. Tea tree shampoo/conditioner in general is great because:
-Tea tree oil can clear up breakouts both on your face and body when the suds wash over you, and at the very least will definitely not make you break out on face/body like some shampoos/conditioners can.
-Supposedly it helped my boyfriend's dandruff. I don't have dandruff, but his does seem better.
-I hear from many that in general if you have acne, bacne, dandruff, oily hair or scalp, itchy scalp or really any ailment of the scalp or near it tea tree oil really does work for a lot of people, sometimes better than synthetic "medicinal" shampoo. I definitely believe it's worth a try.
What I love about Nature's Gate in particular compared to Paul Mitchell is that it's cheaper, has a better bottle with a lot of product and a good dispenser, and is strong enough to give me all the benefits without drying out my hair after extensive use. I also find that the Nature's Gate conditioner is more conditioning than Paul Mitchell. This definitely cleared up my bacne and helped my acne, as well as working as a clarifying shampoo for my oily hair full of gunky products. It also didn't dry out my hair even when I used it exclusively every day to the bottom of the bottle, so it gets a perfect score from me! I'm on my second bottles of Nature's Gate shampoo & conditioner and would repurchase again. I want to try Giovanni's tea tree line as well. I definitely recommend this to everyone interested in the benefits of tea tree, if it's not strong enough for you I find Paul Mitchell's is stronger but also harsher and more drying. The one warning I have is that if you have no real scalp problems and have very dry hair, stay away from tea tree all but occasionally because it will be too drying for you.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2005 12:20:00 PM More reviews by scribblescrabble

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

This conditioner has a nice, minty smell and it is thick and creamy. But it isn't moisturizng enough and I could only use it for conditioner washing. It irritated my scalp, and that is the reason why I decided not to repurchase.