October 24, 2014 | 1736 users online

Shampoo - Nature's Gate - Tea Tree Oil Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2014 4:06:00 PM More reviews by auntita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to like this product. I purchased it after ready such great reviews and have tried multiple products for my dry, flaky scalp. I actually love the smell of this (minty tea tree) but it's not for everyone. Unfortunately it doesn't lather as well as others and makes my hair feel dry and stripped. Not so bad after conditioning and drying but while washing it feels so squeaky that it's hard to run my fingers through to rinse. I also did not see any improvement on my scalp after an full bottle, which was the point of this shampoo.....soo, on to something new :(

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2014 1:03:00 PM More reviews by Karna2011

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have really bad dandruff and I have tried many products and none of them seem to work very well. I started using Nature's Gate tea tree shampoo and conditioner couple of weeks ago and I've noticed my dandruff is getting better. I love the tea tree oil scent. I feel like my scalp is really clean but not dry after I use this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2014 7:24:00 PM More reviews by carissytine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This shampoo makes my hair feel clean and does not dry out my scalp. It has a pleasant tea tree smell while not being overpowering and is fairly priced at about $8 a bottle. It makes my fine/straight hair soft and shiny. I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2014 9:19:00 AM More reviews by evapop

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Much like the war between my zits & wrinkles, there is now a war between the semi permanent color I use to cover my gray strands & my dandruff prone scalp.

Sexy.

In the past, I used Head & Shoulders extra strength on my scalp & hair. My hair is thick, wavy & pretty tough so as long as I conditioned after - all was good in the hood.

Then a couple years ago, I started getting a few random grays - all on my hairline & while truly a few, super noticeable against my level 3 hair. Problem was that H&S stripped the semi perm color.

Enter this amazing shampoo. It is my HG as it works on my dandruff BETTER than H&S, yet doesn't strip my color. It cleans and clarifies but without leaving my hair dried out. With consistent use, I am now down to shampooing once a week as my thick wavy hair doesn't get oily and now my scalp doesn't get itchy.

Yes - you need to condition afterwards, but if you have hair like mine - what shampoo don't you have to do that with afterwards?

Pros:
- great dandruff control - makes it better over time
- cleans without drying out hair (yes you will likely need to condition afterwards)
- doesn't strip hair color
- very affordable
- suds nicely, unlike other sulfate free shampoos
Cons:
- not for me, but for some, the scent - it's distinct & herbal - but doesn't last

If you are looking for something to keep the dandruff at bay, leave hair clean but not stripped & keep your color looking good longer - This. Is. For. You.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2014 9:26:00 PM More reviews by swaggy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This drys out my hair so much it is actually insane. I only like the smell but it makes my hair dry and tangled.
I would not buy this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2014 9:53:00 AM More reviews by ginnymat2

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my go-to shampoo in the winter months when it's so dry out. I gave it 4 lippies because the tea tree scent (although light) has never been my favorite. However, other than that this cleans my short, wavy, colored hair wonderfully without stripping and helps to keep my scalp healthy. Of all of the Nature's Gate shampoos, this one performs the best for me. I use it with the Tea Tree Oil conditioner. They are a bit more expensive than the other Nature's Gate shampoos and conditioners, but worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2014 5:52:00 PM More reviews by laluna82

I bought this shampoo and the matching conditioner because all of my favorite drugstore shampoos have silicone in them, and I was looking for something silicone-free. This is my first ever organic shampoo, so I wasn't sure what to expect, but I am really enjoying it! It moisturizes enough to tame my fine, frizzy hair without leaving it dull and lifeless. My hair feels so clean I could probably shampoo it every other day instead of every day like I normally do. I also like the refreshing tea tree oil scent. The only drawbacks with this product are price and availability. It is a little on the expensive side and only available in a few local stores, but I am willing to pay a little more for such great results.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2014 7:12:00 PM More reviews by guitarheroine91

I've tried over 3 types of natural shampoo in the past two months, and I was starting to get discouraged. After trying Andalou and Jason and at first wash being thrilled with both, then terribly disappointed by the second wash, I had about given up.

I gave this shampoo 4 washes before posting this review. My hair seems to know within 2 whether a shampoo is going to work for it, and this shampoo has passed the test so far. It's incredibly potent, you need only a nickel sized amount for past shoulder-length, crazy thick hair. I've been scrubbing it in, focusing on my scalp, waiting a couple minutes, rinsing and repeating with half a nickel size. It foams way more the second wash, but it's so soothing on an itchy scalp! After rinsing my scalp itchies and little pimples are way subdued. Plus, my hair looks amazing.

UPDATE Feb/8/14

It's been over three months since purchasing this shampoo and conditioner and it's become my HG. I've noticed my hair loss during the shower is way less, down to one or two strands. My hair feels healthy and smooth. Just the way it should.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2014 4:53:00 PM More reviews by IsabelArcher

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

You can buy Nature's Gate Tea Tree shampoo in a giant pump bottle, so it lasts forever and you get every last bit of it without having to shake it like a ketchup bottle. This is great stuff if your scalp produces a lot of sebum (like mine) or if you work in an environment that makes your hair greasy, because it will make your hair stay clean for a longer amount of time. And it does it without overdrying hair. Amazing. One lippie off for the herbal scent, which I think might be an acquired taste. Otherwise this shampoo is the cat's pajamas.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2013 6:38:00 PM More reviews by 021551

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have very dry skin, including my scalp, and thin, wavy, difficult hair. I've always had trouble finding hair products; I rarely rebuy the same shampoo and have probably never used the same one for more than two months. I get dry flaky skin mostly along my hairline.

I've tried sulfate-free, "natural" marketed shampoos before with really bad luck. Typically they leave my hair feeling like straw while still somehow managing to make the hair by my scalp flat and oily.

This stuff makes my hair look amazing, but most of all, it's incredibly soothing to the scalp. I am so used to my head feeling itchy and dry as soon as I get out of the shower. I should mention that I do use the tea tree oil conditioner as well (which I also love). While I haven't been using them long enough to see if there's really going to be a lasting effect on my waves, I'll be curious to watch for that since I know many people swear by sulfate and paraben free products. This might be the first thing to convert me. Each bottle was under $7 and is even available at Kroger here. It's a good size and I've found that the shampoo is so much less drying than ones I've used previously that I don't need as much conditioner. In the past, I've had to use crazy amounts of conditioner just to be able to untangle my dry hair after showering - probably more than twice as much volume as I would use for shampoo.

I feel pretty neutral about the smell. It's got a very natural peppermint scent but kind of a weird base note, which may be the tea tree oil? I've never used tea tree oil before, so I'm not sure. But I can't really smell it anymore after I get out of the shower, and once my hair is dry it only leaves a very faint minty/herbal smell.

I will definitely rebuy this! My head is so thankful for the switch.