November 26, 2014 | 1196 users online

Self Tanners - TanTowel - all

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2014 11:09:00 PM More reviews by evanlami

This stuff is fantastic! I bought the trial/try me pack for body and face and was really pleasantly surprised. It didn't make me orange like I expected it would. It gave me a nice, natural summer glow. My only complaint is the smell, which is to be expected with self tanners I suppose. I applied at night after showering and let it dry, then went to bed. In the morning, I could definitely smell it. It smelled yucky and really weird and I had to cover up the smell with a lot of perfume. But other than that, it's a really great product and I would definitely buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2012 1:55:00 AM More reviews by rtran4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This review is for the PLUS version. I'm NC30-35ish and aim for NC37.
I used the kit that also included the tanning mist and daily face moisturizer and overall, these towels work pretty well if you are looking for a fast and convenient self tanner. These are good alternatives to Kate Somerville's 360 Towelettes (which I like better) if you don't want to splurge. It doesn't a produce as nice a color and it does leave a slight self-tanner smell that may linger for a day or two but I'd still repurchase. Go for the PLUS version if you have medium skin or want a dramatic tan. The color goes on fine if you apply in circular motions and I didn't see any streaking but it does leave me with a slightly more orange tint than natural tan. Tip: apply a heavily scented lotion on after it dries so the self-tanner smell won't linger and it should help balance out the tan a little better.
EDIT: I don't think I will repurchase this one again. It doesn't last! It will disappear quickly after one or two showers. The smell also started to bother me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2011 7:56:00 PM More reviews by thebobcat64

This is the best self tanning product I have used, and I have tried a lot. Some of the lotions I have used, such as the Hawaiian Tropic Island Radiance one worked well, but I had to be consistent to get the results I wanted. At first I tried the regular one, which gave decent results, but not that tan. For reference, I am fairly pale with freckles. The plus towel gave me the results I've been looking for. They brought me up to a natural looking tan (think Jennifer Aniston or Blake Lively's skin tone). This even worked better than the mystic tan I tried a few weeks ago and I only spent ten dollars on them for five towels compared to the $30 mystic tan. I have not tried this on my face yet, but plan on doing so.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2011 12:34:00 AM More reviews by kristense

This is now my favorite tanning product. I purchased the tan towel in fair to medium and it worked wonderfully with my skin and did not end up blotchy. I looked naturally tanned. I took these on a vacation to europe and they worked great!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2011 9:17:00 AM More reviews by tetorger

I bought a Full Body Fair to Medium TanTowel single pack at Ulta to try out. During application I was sure it would come out streaky because I typically like to use a self-tanner with a guide color and this has none and also was not comfortable using the towelette. But, I woke up with a nice light golden tan and no streaking. The full body towel was enough to do my entire body, which I also didn't think I would get that much coverage. Pros: quick drying, convenient application, no streaking. Cons: Price. Not a lot of color payoff for the price. Smell after processing is pretty strong for the color.
I think this would be a great touch-up product, or to take on vacation to extend your tan, but not a product I would buy again as my typical self-tanner.
UPDATE: I added another lippie! Although I took off points for the color not being very dark, I noticed that the "tan" lasted extremely well. It did not fade as quickly as many self tanners I have used in the past and literally did not fade for a week. Also did not turn splotchy as it faded, very even. So even though its a bit stinkier than others on me, I repurchased a full pack.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2011 1:06:00 PM More reviews by jarona

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I received one of the TanTowels Plus in the safe sun package from Sephora. It was in one of my drawers stashed away--then while channel surfing yesterday I saw this woman selling these on TV. I watched and was somewhat intrigued. So. I decided to run upstairs and grab my Tantowel and try it.
I applied in a circular motion to both legs--using the one towel for both legs ( I cut it in half). There was enough to apply to both legs, and let me tell you I do not have skinny thighs--it was still enough.
Since I did this last night, I didn't notice anything spectacular. However, there was no offensive odor which is a plus.
This morning when I woke up, I noticed that my legs were a nice shade of brown. I missed a little bit of foot space, but all in all, this works.
Not orangey. Another plus. I know this is expensive compared to my
cheapo Ocean Potion Everglow which I love, however, I'm going on vacation later this week and will purchase some of these Tantowels to take with me--they look like they will travel very well--and I'll be in the S. of France so I don't want to look pale. I have tan issues.
I did have to give this four lipsticks though because I think this stuff is pricey.
Update: I'm changing this to five lipsticks. I don't care if this stuff is pricey. It's great. I've been using these to even out color I got at the beach. Never turns orange. Never streaks. Got to love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2011 5:28:00 PM More reviews by tam23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this based upon good reviews from makeupalley and other websites. This used the express tan kit. It comes with towelettes and a 2 oz express tan mist. I used one towelette from head to toe. Then sprayed the mist on the towelette and used that again head to toe. I did that two days straight and waited 24 hrs in between to shower. I have a great tan now. I'm not sure how long the tan will last. I'll update that on later. Also, I made sure I moisurized my hands, elbows, knees, and feet with lotion before rubbing it lightly with the towelette. That's to prevent weird orange spotting around those areas.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2011 10:33:00 PM More reviews by ralee1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Tan Towels are amazing! I use one half tan towel plus on my entire body once a week during winter and it helps me maintain a nice even bronze color that doesn't look fake or overdone. Just don't forget to wash your hands after use. I forgot this little step one time and my fingers were stained for a few days.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2010 8:24:00 PM More reviews by goldensun

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Have been using this product for years which is so convenient to use without any streaking, orange-colored skin, lasting odors. Once you apply the Tan Towel, you do not have to worry about the color coming off on your clothing. The product works on each individual's own skin pigment to what color you will get. The more "towels" you use, the darker you will get. Your tan will look natural, too. HSN sells them at a reasonable prices. I have mine on auto ship to never run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2010 10:50:00 AM More reviews by FacciaBella5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hands down one of my top fav self tanners!!!! Streak free amazing color, fast to apply, no strong smell, doesnt wipe off!!! I literally apply this before bed and go to sleep on WHITE SHEETS and it doesnt rub off one bit!!! I get color like I layed for a couple of hours in the sun with just one application. I will buy these forerver! Bye Bye sun!