December 21, 2014 | 1637 users online

Gels/Soaps - Olay - Bar Soap for Extra Dry Skin with Shea Butter

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2013 11:04:00 PM More reviews by beckyt94

I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS BAR SOAP. It is so rich, so creamy, and has an amazing lather! I love the smell. It is so clean. This soap it moisturizing, and cleans my body very well. I just bought a huge package of this because I love it so much. I look forward to showering everyday just so I can use this wonderful soap.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2011 3:06:00 PM More reviews by browneyessmiles

I generally like Olay products so I wanted to try this as my husband and I have moved away from using gel bodywashes. Unlike the other reviewers I don't detect much scent on this bar. It's okay, doesn't dry me out. I like scented bar soaps so I won't be going back to this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2011 2:01:00 PM More reviews by fes_fsa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i LOVE the way this stuff smells. that's the only thing i like about it. i mainly bought it because i like shea butter and have had very good results using shea butter moisturizers.

when i had soft water, i thought this was an okay cleanser. i had to use two washcloths--one for my armpits and one for my body, because this stuff didn't really do much to clean and it didn't remove the residual deodorant from my armpits. it didn't bother my no-no parts, but it didn't really clean them all that well either.

when i switched to hard water, OTOH, i had a patch of eczema on my back and this bar of soap made it spread to the entire bottom half of my back and up my sides up to about half-way up my ribs. i've never had a bar of soap irritate my skin as much as this one did.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2011 8:06:00 AM More reviews by shortea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This soap smells great - one of my favorite soap scents thus far! Leaves skin feeling soft.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2010 12:45:00 PM More reviews by chelsia

I didn't buy this because of dry skin, my mother bought this mistaken it for Dove. I love the smell of this & it doesn't bother my face - I wash using this every morning (since I don't have Dove) It makes my face feel smooth to the touch & clean. I sometimes used this to get rid of mascara (haha I know some people say that it's a good idea) but I did anyways & it go rid of my stubborn mascara after one wash which is enough good for me. I will buy this again but only when it goes on sale since it's really expensive.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2010 10:24:00 AM More reviews by aastew

Love this soap. It's great for the winter. You almost don't need to use any lotion after using this. The only con is, is that it uses up pretty fast. But when you buy soap with shea butter in it, that usually happens. I would highly recommend it. The smell is heavenly.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2010 10:29:00 PM More reviews by Ginee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My HG for face and body!

My acne has stopped since i started using this and it doesn't leave my skin sticky or tight. I love the smell too!

Will purchase again and again

EDIT: Stopped working for the acne, it didn't cause any but didn't improve my skin either. Will continue using on my body though

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2009 3:34:00 PM More reviews by ias23

i dont like the feeling after shower when i used this! this one just caused me flaky skin! eww! i thought dove and olay soaps are the same but dove soaps are better..

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2009 2:49:00 PM More reviews by celymoon

This has been my every day soap since I can remember. It does a great job at cleaning my body without drying it out. I love the scent too! Best part is that it's cheap and sold just about every where. What can I say - it's just soap that does the job right. ;)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2009 4:23:00 PM More reviews by moonstar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm usually a body wash kinda gal, but I occasionally stray to bar soaps when the occasion warrants it. This soap makes me extremely happy. It's such a pleasure to use. The texture of the bar, the lather it produces is at par with expensive, French-milled soap. The scent is lovely (that quintessential 'clean' smell) and it moisturizes so well I *almost* don't need any lotion afterwards. It's hard for me to believe that I can purchase two of these bars pretty much anywhere for under $3. I get tired of body washes very easily, but I can envision having this one in my shower rotation for ages. LOVE!