Coty Jovan New Patchouli

Price: $

Price: $

on 7/15/2015 8:51:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I have worn many a fragrance over the years and have never received so many compliments as I have while wearing Fresh Patchouli.
The fragrance is not as strong as the Patchouli oils...very clean smell like fresh cut grass with a mix of bergamot (from what I can detect) and subtle notes of patchouli
I am in search of all who would like to make a statement to Coty to bring back the Jovan Fresh Patchouli.
I know there are many of you out there that love this fragrance and purchased it quite a while ago for only $12 dollars a bottle at most at the time.
Looking for it on ebay or Amazon and the cost is from $50 to $80 a bottle, which is utterly ridiculous.
I have written to Coty a year or so ago, and they did respond that they would NOT be bringing this fragrance back.
If we could get some kind of petition going, for those who absolutely love this perfume as I do, maybe we can get them to bring it back...

All in favor...say "I"..

on 5/31/2009 2:12:00 PM

This is not a very rich smelling Patchouli, Its just kind of weird smelling. Coty can do better. I know its "dirt" haha cheap but I can not recommend this.

on 7/19/2008 2:51:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I am kicking myself for not buying this when it was still readily available in stores! I was looking at it in Walmart last year, debating purchase and thought "nah, got enough perfumes for now" (right). Unless Jovan hasn't updated their website in a while, it hasn't been discontinued, but now has to be purchased online for (of course) significantly more. I have been searching all over for a beautfiul "hay" scent for perfume, and based on a review below I thought this might be it. No dice for smelling like hay, but definately a soft grassy, earthy and herbal aroma. One spritz lasted me a good 5 hours with great sillage.
Scent notes from Jovan (jovansexy.com):
"Outdoor freshness of bright green cut grass is tickled with droplets from a watery green accord and touched with the warmth of vanilla and patchouli leaf. Matched with a tender bouquet of sunny freesia, morning jasmine and opulent white rose. A fresh interpretation of an 'Underground' classic.

Like the first reviewer, I get a definite impression of Angel in Jovan Patchouli, but this patchouli type does not seem all that 'dirty' to me. I thought it smelled kind of fresh/grassy. I actually prefer the oil version of patchouli over this, and I already have a bottle from Green Earth that will last me a lifetime, easy. Though priced well and not a bad scent, this is just a bit too soli-herbal for my usual tastes. No sale.

on 12/9/2005 7:21:00 PM

Hay instead of hippie. I grew up riding horses and spent every spare minute at the barn, so I'm pretty familiar with the smells of hay and dirt. New Patchouli is the smell of horse stables. It's nice in a nostalgic sort of way, like the smell of cow might be nostalgic for someone who grew up on a dairy farm, but probably not the fragrance you'd wear to garner compliments from others.

on 11/27/2005 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

A clean patchouli, interesting...its soft, kind of like a dryer sheet, and has a green note to blend the clean smell and the patchouli note together. Lasting power is very good and the price is cheap but not the patchouli I was looking for, so I passed.

on 12/2/2004 12:22:00 AM

Pros: One drug store tester blast on my wrist lasted from noon on a Saturday till bedtime on a Monday. Through two showers, no less.
Cons: It has tremendous staying power. Tomorrow I will wash my jacket to remove its residual smell that is imbedded in my cuff like that of Kool smoking, poker playing ladies wearing lots of powder and hairspray.

on 3/2/2004 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

i am so glad someone finally reviewed this. i have seen it in a bunch of drugstores. i'm no expert but this is what i imagine pure patchouli to smell like. it's similar to Angel but without any spiciness or sharpness. rather, it's 'dirty', like wet dirt. if you've smelled aveda's patchouli oil, this is similar. i don't detect anything but patchouli, that dirtyness, yet it's not cloying and i would even say it's oddly 'fresh.' it's an interesting smell and one of the better drugstore perfume options.

Popular Fragrances