LipSense Lipsense Color

4.1

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Today is day 5 wearing Blu-Red. I love the color. I detest the tingling, and how dry my lips feel. I can only get about 3 or 4 hours wear out of an application of this lipstick before it's worn off even when applying to clean dry lips. It seems to ball-up and fall off even without eating. As for lasting through lunch, it does not. After a meal, I must reapply.

I think the smell is horrid and the taste is even worse. If I lick my lips, it tastes like I'm licking rubbing alcohol. I think this is incredibly expensive for the short time before i have to reapply, I definitely will never purchase this again. And I'm very sorry I spent the money for it since I'm so incredibly unhappy with it. I believe I'll stick to my Lipstick Queen.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Please pay attention to ingredients. Alcohol is terrible for your skin and it is the first ingredient in this product. The reason it burns when you put it on is the alcohol, which is also why it dries so quickly on application.
When you first put this on, it looks great, but hours later it seriously peels off because of how drying it is. You can't reapply the color because some areas are too heavy and some don't have any color at all.
The gloss is OK. Nothing to write home about and incredibly thick.

My peeve about this is that they say you don't have to keep applying. Well, yes you do, and it looks terrible with touch ups.

Most rave reviews are from distributors. Don't fall for it. This stuff is horrible for your lips.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I love LipSense. I love it so much, I started selling it. :-) That being said (in full disclosure) let me tell you why I love it.

It lasts through coffee, lunch, meetings, etc. It does not promise to last for 48 hours (I read a review that said that). It does say up to 18 hours. I have not had it last 18 hours completely but have had some still on my lips after that long. However, I have never had any lip product last that long. I am happy with 6 to 8 hours.

It does tingle when you first start wearing it and may even splotch up on you if your lips are not hydrated or need sloughing. You can help this along with a quick scrub using some sugar and oil. Your lips have to be clean and dry. Dry them before putting on the LipSense. If your LipSense fades on the inside of your lips, then you did not put it on with dry lips. My lips do not tingle anymore. They are healthy and hydrated. You can swipe some witch hazel on them to make sure they are clean.

I love mixing colors and creating different looks. A couple of colors can give you several different looks. My favorite colors are First Love, Plum Pretty, Napa, Raisin, Caramel Apple and Aussie Rose. I can use them alone or layer them for a different look. Folks should be realistic and know that when you order from a picture on line, it may not look that way on you. Our coloring and lip color can change the way a color looks. One color on me may not look the same on you. This is true for most anything you order from a picture on line.

I sell a lot of Praline Rose, Plum Pretty and Blu-Red. These colors are universally pretty on everyone.

I am not sure of the smell everyone keeps talking about. The product contains SD40alcohol to dry fast and keep your tube from becoming nasty. This stuff lasts a long time and you do not want anything growing inside it :-). There is a scent but it disappears as soon as the LipSense dries.

The gloss helps it remain on your lips longer by protecting it. Before you eat or drink, put some on. However, there is one lady I know that does not wear any gloss with it. She likes the look of it without gloss. She puts it on the way LipSense recommends. Waits until it dries and then licks her lips and goes on about her day. It lasts on her. I love the Gloss and I really like some of the specialty glosses like Bougainviella, Orchid, Pearl and Sand. They really change up the look from shiny to shimmery to frosty.

You do not have to buy to remover, but it is helpful for when you first start out and have to get the hang of putting it on. If you are having a problem removing it, use some Neutrogena or other Glycerin soap.

So a color and a gloss is $45 plus tax. I have paid as much as $35 for a lipstick that lasted as long as it took me to get a cup of coffee and start drinking it. Not much savings if I am constantly re-applying my lipstick all day. I have had the colors I use the most for 7 months now and they are still going strong. I am on my 2nd tube of gloss and almost ready for a 3rd. I am fine with that for sure. I have never had a lipstick, stain or gloss last me 7 months.

I love this stuff. I will continue to use it (even if I quit selling it). There is also a 100% money back guarantee if you buy it from a distributor. Buying it from ebay does not offer you the guarantee and you have no idea how old that stock it, just an FYI. It could be really old and may not perform as well.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I am pretty impressed with how long it lasts. I was not impressed with the burning sensation that made my lips feel like they were going to straight burn off (when first few layers were applied.) I am not crazy about the $25 for the color and then another $20 for the gloss, which you cannot go without.

I probably will not make this purchase again.

Hair: Other, Kinky, Medium

I actually quite like this product, it really does last. Even the remover struggles to remove it. I have to scrub my lips to get it off. The gloss is really sticky, which I don't like and the lip colour stinks. Not only does it smell but it stings when you apply it. Not so much that I wouldn't continue using, but enough that it's annoying. Other than that I like the range of colours and that you can create new colours, but it is a bit pricey!

I wanted to like this product but I see it no better than the other 24hr type long lasting lip colors on the market, actually possibly worse.

It stings and I'm unsure about the claim "it will stop stinging when your lips become hydrated from using it" Because it feels so drying, it made my lips look wrinkled and they felt super dry unless I put on the lip gloss, but even so it still had that tight feeling afterwards.

I feel as though that stinging, is much like an alcohol sting, which would make sense as alcohol is the very first ingredient listed on the lipstick.

When applied, it rubs off in patches on 2nd application, I have to dab it on and then it looks caked on in spots. In its defense, this is with the nude colors and I have this issue with a lot of nude long lasting products.

The remover will not remove when it is dry and freshly applied, it also tastes awful if you accidentally have some seep into you mouth. To remove you really have to rub it off.
(I used a mix of oil and the remover and a rough cloth to exfoliate it off in the end) So I suppose it lasts.

Pros.
I love how this lipstick isn't sticky and feels like there's nothing on it.
It does not rub off.

Cons.
Expensive.
The weird tingly feeling when applying.
I have a habit of sucking on my bottom lip which makes them dry which does not work with the lipstick.
The colour of the lipstick (aussie rose) was not what i expected because it was more of an orange than a pink.
When i first used it i didn't know i had a sore on the side of my mouth and it stung really bad.
I have to drink plenty of water before and after putting it on because the lipstick itself dries the lips out.

Donít waste your time or money.
1. Expensive. You also have to buy a moisturiser gloss and am ooops remover $$$
2. It stings when applying & smells awful
3. If ordering online, the colours look nothing like they do when you receive them.
4. Unless you are constantly applying the moisturising gloss your lips are dry and the colour looks dry on your lips.
5. They say it last 48hrs, mine only lasted max 6 hours, then its starts to flake & come off.
6. If you do want to take the colour off, the only way is apparently to use the ooops remover, which does not work. I had to scrub & scrub my lips for the colour to be removed. Now my lips are all dry and chapped not to mention bleeding.
Not what itís cracked up to be, unfortunately. Very disappointed
. But my consultant was happy to give me a full refund.

Works great - doesn't rub off on drinking glasses and stays put. I would buy again.

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Its nice to see how many of you are enjoying this product. My daughter & I adore it. I thought I would try and give some more info to a few of you as well.

magicloop2009 It sounds like you enjoy the shimmer or glitter effects maybe. Have you ever tried any if the glosses in the glitter or the colored glosses? I know the pink glitter is more irridescent and fun. The newer sand gloss tones the darer colors but has a slight shimmer to it. There is a rose and a pearl gloss that are beautiful as well. Spice Ice is a "shimmering" golden undertones lip color with a lot of sparkle to it.

CarlaN yes Plumeria is beautiful but considered a SHEER. Layered it deepens as you have found. Do you have the OOPs remover to help with any small mistakes? If not this is a god send when you make a error...as so many of us often do. LOL

Now as to our favorites...I love BluRed and Kiss For A Cause. I like bright colors! My newest loves are Mauve Ice...a beautiful frost when layered gives a deeper color with a great shimmer. Looks great on blondes. I also enjoy Kiss Me Katie, which was a surprise since I am usually a darker colored lipstick girl. Spice Ice is a great brown toned sheer frost. Its much darker than the pink frosts though and I can easily get away with 2 layers. If I want to tone it down I follow with Sand Gloss. My daughter LOVES Praline Rose. Its a great all around everyday more neutral lip color. Flattering on several complexion types as well. She also likes the dark Plum color.

We have snorkled in these colors, surfed, been out all day on a Mucky Ducky in the swampy areas of Florida with mud flying and our lipstick stayed perfect. I love lipsense colors as well as their entire line of makeup. Its all waterproof.

Recommended for Medium Skin