LipSense Lipsense Color

on 7/29/2015 9:39:00 PM

I wanted to like this product but I see it no better than the other 24hr type long lasting lip colors on the market, actually possibly worse.

It stings and I'm unsure about the claim "it will stop stinging when your lips become hydrated from using it" Because it feels so drying, it made my lips look wrinkled and they felt super dry unless I put on the lip gloss, but even so it still had that tight feeling afterwards.

I feel as though that stinging, is much like an alcohol sting, which would make sense as alcohol is the very first ingredient listed on the lipstick.

When applied, it rubs off in patches on 2nd application, I have to dab it on and then it looks caked on in spots. In its defense, this is with the nude colors and I have this issue with a lot of nude long lasting products.

The remover will not remove when it is dry and freshly applied, it also tastes awful if you accidentally have some seep into you mouth. To remove you really have to rub it off.
(I used a mix of oil and the remover and a rough cloth to exfoliate it off in the end) So I suppose it lasts.

on 7/27/2015 12:10:00 PM

I love how this lipstick isn't sticky and feels like there's nothing on it.
It does not rub off.

The weird tingly feeling when applying.
I have a habit of sucking on my bottom lip which makes them dry which does not work with the lipstick.
The colour of the lipstick (aussie rose) was not what i expected because it was more of an orange than a pink.
When i first used it i didn't know i had a sore on the side of my mouth and it stung really bad.
I have to drink plenty of water before and after putting it on because the lipstick itself dries the lips out.

Donít waste your time or money.
1. Expensive. You also have to buy a moisturiser gloss and am ooops remover $$$
2. It stings when applying & smells awful
3. If ordering online, the colours look nothing like they do when you receive them.
4. Unless you are constantly applying the moisturising gloss your lips are dry and the colour looks dry on your lips.
5. They say it last 48hrs, mine only lasted max 6 hours, then its starts to flake & come off.
6. If you do want to take the colour off, the only way is apparently to use the ooops remover, which does not work. I had to scrub & scrub my lips for the colour to be removed. Now my lips are all dry and chapped not to mention bleeding.
Not what itís cracked up to be, unfortunately. Very disappointed
. But my consultant was happy to give me a full refund.

on 5/6/2015 6:48:00 PM

Works great - doesn't rub off on drinking glasses and stays put. I would buy again.

on 3/4/2014 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Its nice to see how many of you are enjoying this product. My daughter & I adore it. I thought I would try and give some more info to a few of you as well.

magicloop2009 It sounds like you enjoy the shimmer or glitter effects maybe. Have you ever tried any if the glosses in the glitter or the colored glosses? I know the pink glitter is more irridescent and fun. The newer sand gloss tones the darer colors but has a slight shimmer to it. There is a rose and a pearl gloss that are beautiful as well. Spice Ice is a "shimmering" golden undertones lip color with a lot of sparkle to it.

CarlaN yes Plumeria is beautiful but considered a SHEER. Layered it deepens as you have found. Do you have the OOPs remover to help with any small mistakes? If not this is a god send when you make a so many of us often do. LOL

Now as to our favorites...I love BluRed and Kiss For A Cause. I like bright colors! My newest loves are Mauve Ice...a beautiful frost when layered gives a deeper color with a great shimmer. Looks great on blondes. I also enjoy Kiss Me Katie, which was a surprise since I am usually a darker colored lipstick girl. Spice Ice is a great brown toned sheer frost. Its much darker than the pink frosts though and I can easily get away with 2 layers. If I want to tone it down I follow with Sand Gloss. My daughter LOVES Praline Rose. Its a great all around everyday more neutral lip color. Flattering on several complexion types as well. She also likes the dark Plum color.

We have snorkled in these colors, surfed, been out all day on a Mucky Ducky in the swampy areas of Florida with mud flying and our lipstick stayed perfect. I love lipsense colors as well as their entire line of makeup. Its all waterproof.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

It's lik Avon and Mary-Kay because it's very conditioning and very long lasting, I add very few layers, it stays on, keeps moisture in tact, I have the raisin colour, and I ordere this on amazon. this is awesome, it lasts all day and intothe vening. I don't daily wear it,, but on occasion. It's a special made brand, I love it, I also have a brownish-esque colour I forgot the ame I think a brownish-broze frenzy mix unexplanitory colour and I took the tag off the box and tube so I don't know, but both colour are great for evening wear or date or an important night out. It keep smy lips soft, satisfied smooth, and supple. No complaints. Poitnt blank. It renews itself, I love no staining, i hate stainng lipsticks. I'm glad I gavethese a try. I want o purchase mroe in teh future. I like MAC and citylips better, citylips actuall is serious with the plumping, this Lipsense does an plumping illusionw ith my own one and only brand cheap auto-lip liner from the beauty store, withthe lipliner and lipgloss (liquid lipsense lipstick) it creates a faux plump illusion, i wear city lipson top of it to give it a shimmer on the raisin, the other brown bronze has a vanilla smell and shimmer andthis brand has a wide variety of lipstick types, sheer, shimmer, matte, the raisin is matte. should try some more colours soon and shades that are subtle in colour, this is one of a kind, and cannot be possably found off the internet ort citylips wither, I'm not comparing them, but bth can only be baught onlineand citylips are expensive I baught a few f them, Moving on. The golden tops of these glosses are nice and packaging is amazing and thats that

on 11/28/2013 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Been using for many years. I can't find another product that stays put as long as Lipsense. I usually buy mine on ebay.

on 7/13/2013 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I chose "Plumeria," a beautiful slightly shimmery pinky-red, for my first Lip Sense purchase, and I'm very pleased with it.

The color is applied with a doe-foot applicator, and though you do have to be careful, it's really easier to apply than I'd feared. It's best to get it right the first time; the product dries almost instantly, and so is not very "forgiving." It's fairly sheer, though, and can be readily layered for more intense color. There is a faint, pleasant apple-like scent that dissipates almost immediately. The slight tingling you'll feel on your lips after you apply the color is very brief, and hardly unbearable.

The staying power is unsurpassed. Lipsense feels like nothing on the lips, and is ever-so-slightly drying, but you can slather balm, lipstick, lip gloss, etc. on top of it once it's dry, and it will not budge. Plumeria makes a phenomenal base for similar-colored lipstick, like Bobbi Brown "Rose Blossom," preventing that unsightly ring-around-the-mouth effect you get when conventional lipsticks begin to wear off.

The only reason I don't give this a five is price: It's about $20, which isn't terrible, but high enough to prevent me from splurging on lots of shades (and LipSense is offered in just about every color imaginable!).

According to my internet research, LipSense is cruelty-free, so I plan on buying more!

on 1/17/2013 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product so much. Never go back to other "normal" brands

on 11/23/2012 1:14:00 AM

With the holidays upon us I had to take the time to review a product that I have been searching my whole life for....LipSense lipsticks. I am a lipstick enthusiast, and I love trying different colors and textures. The product promises to be kiss proof, drink proof, etc...and it certainly lives up to its promise. I am a stage actress (when time permits) and this Sweetheart Pink stayed on me from start to finish. I drank from water bottles, coffee cups, kissed, sang, and died at the end and the lip color did not budge. I swear by this product and have ordered several since. My other favorite color is Plumeria with Sand Gloss on top. I don't need any other lipsticks and coming from me- that says so much.

Recommended for Medium Skin