November 29, 2014 | 1137 users online

Lipstick - LipSense - Lipsense Color

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 12:36:00 AM More reviews by LipCandie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Its nice to see how many of you are enjoying this product. My daughter & I adore it. I thought I would try and give some more info to a few of you as well.

magicloop2009 It sounds like you enjoy the shimmer or glitter effects maybe. Have you ever tried any if the glosses in the glitter or the colored glosses? I know the pink glitter is more irridescent and fun. The newer sand gloss tones the darer colors but has a slight shimmer to it. There is a rose and a pearl gloss that are beautiful as well. Spice Ice is a "shimmering" golden undertones lip color with a lot of sparkle to it.

CarlaN yes Plumeria is beautiful but considered a SHEER. Layered it deepens as you have found. Do you have the OOPs remover to help with any small mistakes? If not this is a god send when you make a error...as so many of us often do. LOL

Now as to our favorites...I love BluRed and Kiss For A Cause. I like bright colors! My newest loves are Mauve Ice...a beautiful frost when layered gives a deeper color with a great shimmer. Looks great on blondes. I also enjoy Kiss Me Katie, which was a surprise since I am usually a darker colored lipstick girl. Spice Ice is a great brown toned sheer frost. Its much darker than the pink frosts though and I can easily get away with 2 layers. If I want to tone it down I follow with Sand Gloss. My daughter LOVES Praline Rose. Its a great all around everyday more neutral lip color. Flattering on several complexion types as well. She also likes the dark Plum color.

We have snorkled in these colors, surfed, been out all day on a Mucky Ducky in the swampy areas of Florida with mud flying and our lipstick stayed perfect. I love lipsense colors as well as their entire line of makeup. Its all waterproof.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 1:53:00 PM More reviews by magicloop2009

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

It's lik Avon and Mary-Kay because it's very conditioning and very long lasting, I add very few layers, it stays on, keeps moisture in tact, I have the raisin colour, and I ordere this on amazon. this is awesome, it lasts all day and intothe vening. I don't daily wear it,, but on occasion. It's a special made brand, I love it, I also have a brownish-esque colour I forgot the ame I think a brownish-broze frenzy mix unexplanitory colour and I took the tag off the box and tube so I don't know, but both colour are great for evening wear or date or an important night out. It keep smy lips soft, satisfied smooth, and supple. No complaints. Poitnt blank. It renews itself, I love no staining, i hate stainng lipsticks. I'm glad I gavethese a try. I want o purchase mroe in teh future. I like MAC and citylips better, citylips actuall is serious with the plumping, this Lipsense does an plumping illusionw ith my own one and only brand cheap auto-lip liner from the beauty store, withthe lipliner and lipgloss (liquid lipsense lipstick) it creates a faux plump illusion, i wear city lipson top of it to give it a shimmer on the raisin, the other brown bronze has a vanilla smell and shimmer andthis brand has a wide variety of lipstick types, sheer, shimmer, matte, the raisin is matte. should try some more colours soon and shades that are subtle in colour, this is one of a kind, and cannot be possably found off the internet ort citylips wither, I'm not comparing them, but bth can only be baught onlineand citylips are expensive I baught a few f them, Moving on. The golden tops of these glosses are nice and packaging is amazing and thats that

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by smaree123

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Been using for many years. I can't find another product that stays put as long as Lipsense. I usually buy mine on ebay.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2013 4:46:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I chose "Plumeria," a beautiful slightly shimmery pinky-red, for my first Lip Sense purchase, and I'm very pleased with it.

The color is applied with a doe-foot applicator, and though you do have to be careful, it's really easier to apply than I'd feared. It's best to get it right the first time; the product dries almost instantly, and so is not very "forgiving." It's fairly sheer, though, and can be readily layered for more intense color. There is a faint, pleasant apple-like scent that dissipates almost immediately. The slight tingling you'll feel on your lips after you apply the color is very brief, and hardly unbearable.

The staying power is unsurpassed. Lipsense feels like nothing on the lips, and is ever-so-slightly drying, but you can slather balm, lipstick, lip gloss, etc. on top of it once it's dry, and it will not budge. Plumeria makes a phenomenal base for similar-colored lipstick, like Bobbi Brown "Rose Blossom," preventing that unsightly ring-around-the-mouth effect you get when conventional lipsticks begin to wear off.

The only reason I don't give this a five is price: It's about $20, which isn't terrible, but high enough to prevent me from splurging on lots of shades (and LipSense is offered in just about every color imaginable!).

According to my internet research, LipSense is cruelty-free, so I plan on buying more!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by mediinaa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product so much. Never go back to other "normal" brands

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2012 1:14:00 AM More reviews by leiakrystine

With the holidays upon us I had to take the time to review a product that I have been searching my whole life for....LipSense lipsticks. I am a lipstick enthusiast, and I love trying different colors and textures. The product promises to be kiss proof, drink proof, etc...and it certainly lives up to its promise. I am a stage actress (when time permits) and this Sweetheart Pink stayed on me from start to finish. I drank from water bottles, coffee cups, kissed, sang, and died at the end and the lip color did not budge. I swear by this product and have ordered several since. My other favorite color is Plumeria with Sand Gloss on top. I don't need any other lipsticks and coming from me- that says so much.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2012 1:28:00 PM More reviews by jitterbugdoll

As a person who wears red lipstick nearly every day, I love the convenience and staying powder of indelible lipsticks! I was a huge fan of a similar product, Lip Ink, which I happily wore for many years. However, the formula (or perhaps my chemistry) changed, and this product stopped working for me a couple of years ago. After reading that Christina Aguilera was a fan of Blu Red Lipsense, I purchased a tube. Initially, I wasn't too impressed with this product, as I didn't like the feel of Lipsense (it seemed to remain slightly tacky, unlike Lip Ink, which I found to be a weightless stain.) However, after playing around with the product for a bit, I've decided that I actually like this as much as my beloved Lip Ink. In fact, I love it more!

Blu Red is a wonderful bright, true red, perfect for 1940s-50s looks. It is incredibly long-wearing, so long as I reapply the accompanying gloss (I actually use Lip Ink Shine, as I prefer the feel of this—Lipsense's gloss has a very sticky feel to it), and I never have to worry about smearing, bleeding, or fading. Application requires a steady hand but is fairly easy—you must apply this in thin layers (I usually apply two layers), letting each layer dry before applying the next (and you must also apply in one direction, as swiping the wand back and forth will remove the product.) Removal is a cinch—a couple of swipes with a tissue soaked in rubbing alcohol takes it right off. I also find that Lipsense is very conditioning; my lips tend to be quite dry, but Lipsense seems to solve this issue. Overall, I am extremely pleased with this product and will continue to repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/25/2011 2:59:00 AM More reviews by jane6677

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been on a hunt for the perfect bright red stay-put lipstick. Among the 2-step products (color and gloss) I've tried everything from drugstore brands like Revlon and L'Oreal to Higher-end products from Estee Lauder and MAC. None of the reds seem to have the staying power to last all day, so I bought LipSense in Blu Red. After just one meal, the color was completely gone in the center of my lips. After another hour or so, it started flaking off the outside edges of my lips (something I've never seen before with a semi-permanent lip product). I watched the tutorial and did put the product on correctly, so it wasn't my error. MAC's Pro Longwear in Lasting Lust is almost the same shade as LipSense's Blu Red, but lasts much longer. With MAC, I get a bit off rub-off in the center, but it takes about 7-8 hours for that to happen. Also, the application is easier with MAC. I guess I'll never find the perfect 'all day' red, but for now, Mac is the best out there. Don't waste your money on LipSense if you're looking for a good red. For less than 1/2 the price, L'Oreal's Infallible will give you the same semi-permanent, flaky coverage.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2011 4:41:00 AM More reviews by hed67

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

While I do think Lipsense works a lot better and lasts much longer than any other long lasting lip colors, I personally find that some colors stay put longer than others. I've used a combo of sheer berry and pink champagne that truly did not budge at all for 18 hours, even after eating, kissing, etc. (had to finally scrub it off with a wet washcloth and jojoba oil). However, blu red, which is a gorgeous color, only stayed completely intact for me for about 5 hours. That's miles better than any other red in my collection, of course, and I'm happy with that. After the 5 hour mark, when it starts to crack and flake off, it still looks ok, unless you look closely. Overall, yes, it's a great product. I've only bought mine from ebay, though, as I just can't bring myself to pay $20 for lip color. Just be sure to keep glossing!

UPDATE: I've since found Maybelline 24-Hour and MUCH prefer it to Lipsense. It's cheaper, more comfortable, isn't alcohol-based and you can get it at any drugstore. Sadly, there is not a color equivalent in the Maybelline line to Lipsense's Blu Red, but Keep Up The Flame does very nicely for now. Many compliments, looks and feels great, lasts for hours and hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2011 9:41:00 AM More reviews by Jo107

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't sell this product,I have even bought it on EBay,I use several different online sellers. This product is a 5 for me. At night,if I do have any dryness,I use a good lip cream,no particular brand..But good. With other lipstcks or lipstains,from Channel to Lancome,Avon,Mary Kay,my lips flake.With Lipsense,they never do.Nor does it come off on my teeth.I mix the colors because they do seem to be very bright,I mix the Glosses also.The matte Gloss is great,so are the Sand,Pearl and Shell..I have never found a lipstick that I could wear,without flaking, The glosses keep lips soft & moist feeling,so I am extremely happy with LipSense.It does plump a bit (nice) I find it easy to apply,I use the liner, also for lip fullness. It is not as expensive as Lancome.More than drugstore brands though. Last purchase price was $20.00 plus S&H.