Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

3.4

on 3/18/2015 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Okay so this thread is for the waterproof version but the picture shows a black and silver tube? I have the red and black one, I don't know if the picture is wrong or if they just changed it. So I was looking for a new mascara because my Loreal butterfly totally dried up on me and the falsies didn't coat my lashes good enough. I don't remember if i watched a youtube tutorial that included this but the packaging showed the wand and I really liked it, it was cheap so I was like whatever and bought it. Not dry or wet formula. Very... mousse-y? Haha, anyways the bristles are little but there's A LOT on there. It smelled mascara-y but I don't mind scent, as long as it doesn't irritate my eyes, which it didn't. It gave my already long and kind of full lashes great volume and length! I need to curl them because they're so stick straight and the waterproof part is the most important. I didn't like it for my tiny bottom lashes because of the amount of bristles. It was too poofy, but the falsies are good for my bottom lashes. Anyways, this mascara doesn't smudge or flake, keeps a curl all day and comes off easily with the gel makeup remover by maybelline. Love this mascara but I'm not too sure if i'd buy this again because I have found a new love haha

on 9/5/2014 12:08:00 PM

I don't like to worry about smudging through the day, which is why I prefer waterproof mascaras. This mascara is NOT waterproof, but it does lengthen and volumize. I would recommend to a friend if they do not want waterproof. It was disappointing that this mascara didn't live up to its waterproof claim. I personally will not be buying again.

on 7/7/2014 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Favourite mascara ever. I can't find any faults in it. Volumizes and lengthens your lashes with only one coat, and I personally don't get any clumps from it. It is amazing for the price that it is and I will be repurchasing till the end of my days.

on 12/11/2013 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this mascara when they were out of Colossal Volume Waterproof at the store. I always use waterproof mascara because my lashes will straighten out with non-waterproof. I was only going to use this until I found Colossal but now I like this better. The one coat coverage is excellent and I was surprised because I usually have to build and build on my skimpy straight lashes to get the coverage and volume I am getting with one coat of this. It is also not overly wet when new like most mascaras that I find get better in a week or two after opening. I have allergies and sensitive eyes and this did not make my eyes water. I will be buying this from now on.

on 11/20/2013 5:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

it was my very first mascara during my school days. i was pretty happy with it, good enough for me to thicken my thin eyelashes. the price is ok too, but too bad its easily dry. i recommend this for girls who want to learn using make up

on 10/5/2013 11:43:00 AM

been using it for 2 years with amazing results. to take it off I use garnier eye makeup remover (the blue one).

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is my first ever waterproof mascara, and I'm loving the way it just stays on, and is 110% smudge-proof and water-proof.

I love the formula, it really darkens my thin lashes and it makes them look very full, the mascara is wax based (I'm pretty sure...), and it holds curls especially well. It stayed on so well, I even had trouble taking it off without an oil based remover! That just goes to show how amazing it stays on. My lashes are pretty soft after the mascara dries, so that's definitely a plus.

The mascara doesn't layer on very well, and it will clump after about 3 coats or more. So if you ARE going to layer it, I suggest you work with a quick hand. I'm not a big fan of the wand as well, it picks up more product towards the end of the wand, and sometimes it will apply too much. The brush is too big for me, and I can't really get into the little lashes in the corners of my eyes.

I bought this mascara for only $4.19 (It was on like.. a huge sale at Target), and it was definitely worth the money I paid for.

on 5/8/2013 9:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I have the "newer" version in the black and orange tube. I changed my review and added a lippie because I've come to like this more than before. It still isn't a favorite of mine, BUT, I love how it doesn't budge....sweat, pool....it lasts and lasts. I also noticed adding several coats quickly makes a big difference in length and volume. My first impression was not great, but it really builds to a decent mascara.

on 4/10/2013 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I have purchased about 3 tubes of this mascara and I love it. I use waterproof mascara because I like to hold curl in my lashes. This product comes off fine with a cleansing oil. The color is very pigmented and gives the lashes a very dramatic look. I used to use MUFE smoky lash but this is a good dupe for it. I love how full and long it makes lashes look.

on 3/8/2013 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My 3rd favorite Maybelline mascara (Rocket volume and Colosaal are my other 2)

Nice volume and fullness and no flaking. My only gripe is that tthisi one seems to try out fast otherwise its good!

Popular Mascaras