Sonia Kashuk Retractable Blush Brush

3.8

on 2/14/2015 2:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

It's a bit scratchy and not the best brush I own but it gets the job done. I bought it because of its small size, it fits in my mini touch-up bag. I use for a light dust of powder and it works great for that. It became my most used brush for light powder application, just because I carry it with me all the time in my touch-up kit. Recently I tried using it for applying powder foundation turning the ferrule up to make it more dense and I hated it for that, it was super scratchy. It sheds a little but I will keep this in my bag just for light touch ups of powder. I will keep it until I find a better one of that size and density to replace it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I haven't been one to touch-up makeup during the day until just recently. I bought this brush, along with the SK blotting papers, to use with my Physician's Formula pressed powder. It does a great job and I would repurchase. I don't think it would make a very good blush brush, but is an excellent travel powder brush. My brush does not shed, so perhaps this problem has been rectified by the company.

on 3/21/2010 7:48:00 PM

Ehh. This brush is no big deal. I'm not crazy about it, but at least I can put it in my purse without it getting dirty or bending. It's not too rough, but it is shaped in such a manner that makes it harder to apply the powder precisely where I want. I won't buy it again, but it was one of those impulse buys that I don't really regret because of the price.

on 2/4/2010 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I've had this brush for ages, but didn't feel compelled to write a review until now. I have this at my desk and use it with pressed powder for touch ups during the day. (I have combo skin and tend to get shiny during the day.) I really don't like this brush!! The worst thing is that it sheds like crazy! I usually have 3-5 hairs on my face after every application of powder. I am a busy person and I have no time for that. I think I will end up getting a short handled Italian Badger brush from Coastal Scents to replace this one.

on 10/11/2009 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is a great brush! It picks up just the right amount of color, and is very soft on my face. I love that it is retracable, very travel-friendly. The silver cap and handle look very nice. This is a fabulous brush for the ten dollar price tag, and I will re-purchase it again and again.

on 3/12/2009 2:11:00 PM

i got this to keep in my purse for powder touch-ups. it does have positive attributes--full, soft bristles, handy little case that keeps it clean in my purse. however mine also sheds horribly. every time i use it little hairs are deposited all over my face. so irritating! it keeps me from being able to just swipe on powder quickly cause ive got to examine myself afterward, searching for stray hairs.

i havent washed it yet. if that solves the problem, i will certainly update. so far though, ive had this brush for about 4 months and the shedding hasnt slowed down at all.

overall, great little brush except for the shedding!

on 7/21/2008 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

As a male, i don't use this for blush, but instead for loose powder. It's a bit thicker then most powder brushes, but it's still pretty soft, very manageable, and picks up alot of powder. Being a guy, i wanted all my equipment to be low-key, and a retractable brush seemed appropriate. It's honestly one of the best retractable brushes i've come accross. The Sonia Kashuk retractable POWDER brush is sooo thick, as if it was meant for bronzer or something else, not for powder. So this blush brush works well for loose powder, and it works well at that. It's small and compact which is ideal for me. I've washed it about 5 times already and it has not shed ONE hair yet. all in all, i'll buy it again, no doubt

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE this brush! Since I don't own a lot of brushes and can't spend a lot on them, I decided to try this $10 brush from my local Target. This brush is a lot better than the drugstore type of retractable brushes that have a stiff shape and equal-length bristles. The Sonia Kashuk brush has a sort of rounded shape perfect for blush. Another plus is definitely the convenience this brush offers with its nifty round metal tube casing. The price is good; overall an awesome product!

on 5/7/2008 6:26:00 PM

I've had this brush for about a year, but haven't used in 6 months until 3 weeks ago when I switched to mineral foundation (and away from the gel blush I was using) and for my powder blush, works very well! Love the fact its retractible, just the right size for blushing. Also, bristles are nice and soft - not irritating on my skin at all. Does pick up a lot of color, so I have to brush lightly to avoid the Raggedy Ann look that another reviewer mentioned. I haven't had any problems w/ any odors (as mentioned by some other folks) but also, have not yet washed it. Mine has been rattling around my makeup case w/ everything else ever since I purchased it and the silver case shows no sign of scratches. Great product and great price!

on 4/21/2008 9:48:00 PM

i bought it because it's portable and of the right size, perfectly fits into my purse, the bristles is a little scratchy. pretty affordable at $10. i used it to apply MAC blot powder in the middle of the day. So far so good.

Popular Makeup Brushes