October 21, 2014 | 2006 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - Retractable Blush Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2010 7:23:00 PM More reviews by MackMimiMommy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I haven't been one to touch-up makeup during the day until just recently. I bought this brush, along with the SK blotting papers, to use with my Physician's Formula pressed powder. It does a great job and I would repurchase. I don't think it would make a very good blush brush, but is an excellent travel powder brush. My brush does not shed, so perhaps this problem has been rectified by the company.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2010 7:48:00 PM More reviews by nidsters19

Ehh. This brush is no big deal. I'm not crazy about it, but at least I can put it in my purse without it getting dirty or bending. It's not too rough, but it is shaped in such a manner that makes it harder to apply the powder precisely where I want. I won't buy it again, but it was one of those impulse buys that I don't really regret because of the price.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2010 1:31:00 PM More reviews by Chickadee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've had this brush for ages, but didn't feel compelled to write a review until now. I have this at my desk and use it with pressed powder for touch ups during the day. (I have combo skin and tend to get shiny during the day.) I really don't like this brush!! The worst thing is that it sheds like crazy! I usually have 3-5 hairs on my face after every application of powder. I am a busy person and I have no time for that. I think I will end up getting a short handled Italian Badger brush from Coastal Scents to replace this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2009 10:35:00 PM More reviews by sarahisabel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great brush! It picks up just the right amount of color, and is very soft on my face. I love that it is retracable, very travel-friendly. The silver cap and handle look very nice. This is a fabulous brush for the ten dollar price tag, and I will re-purchase it again and again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2009 2:11:00 PM More reviews by fancyxamy

i got this to keep in my purse for powder touch-ups. it does have positive attributes--full, soft bristles, handy little case that keeps it clean in my purse. however mine also sheds horribly. every time i use it little hairs are deposited all over my face. so irritating! it keeps me from being able to just swipe on powder quickly cause ive got to examine myself afterward, searching for stray hairs.

i havent washed it yet. if that solves the problem, i will certainly update. so far though, ive had this brush for about 4 months and the shedding hasnt slowed down at all.

overall, great little brush except for the shedding!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2008 5:14:00 PM More reviews by xxkamikazexx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

As a male, i don't use this for blush, but instead for loose powder. It's a bit thicker then most powder brushes, but it's still pretty soft, very manageable, and picks up alot of powder. Being a guy, i wanted all my equipment to be low-key, and a retractable brush seemed appropriate. It's honestly one of the best retractable brushes i've come accross. The Sonia Kashuk retractable POWDER brush is sooo thick, as if it was meant for bronzer or something else, not for powder. So this blush brush works well for loose powder, and it works well at that. It's small and compact which is ideal for me. I've washed it about 5 times already and it has not shed ONE hair yet. all in all, i'll buy it again, no doubt

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2008 7:54:00 PM More reviews by smiley13tree

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this brush! Since I don't own a lot of brushes and can't spend a lot on them, I decided to try this $10 brush from my local Target. This brush is a lot better than the drugstore type of retractable brushes that have a stiff shape and equal-length bristles. The Sonia Kashuk brush has a sort of rounded shape perfect for blush. Another plus is definitely the convenience this brush offers with its nifty round metal tube casing. The price is good; overall an awesome product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2008 6:26:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

I've had this brush for about a year, but haven't used in 6 months until 3 weeks ago when I switched to mineral foundation (and away from the gel blush I was using) and for my powder blush, works very well! Love the fact its retractible, just the right size for blushing. Also, bristles are nice and soft - not irritating on my skin at all. Does pick up a lot of color, so I have to brush lightly to avoid the Raggedy Ann look that another reviewer mentioned. I haven't had any problems w/ any odors (as mentioned by some other folks) but also, have not yet washed it. Mine has been rattling around my makeup case w/ everything else ever since I purchased it and the silver case shows no sign of scratches. Great product and great price!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2008 9:48:00 PM More reviews by isseymiyake

i bought it because it's portable and of the right size, perfectly fits into my purse, the bristles is a little scratchy. pretty affordable at $10. i used it to apply MAC blot powder in the middle of the day. So far so good.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2008 1:01:00 PM More reviews by brighid_karis

I actually like this brush better than SK's higher-end retractable kabuki brush. It's very soft, picks up color well, washes easily, and the packaging really does a good job of protecting the bristles. I also have noticed very little shedding from this brush, although I really only use it for blushes and highlighters, so I'm not using it as heavily as the kabuki. So far, it looks like it's going to last a very long time, so I don't know that I'd actually need to repurchase. The next time I put together makeup gift sets for my sisters, though, I'll likely include this brush.
Cleaning tips: I use baby wipes on my brushes after every use, then clean them with a spray-on brush shampoo every two weeks or so. Never allow the base of a brush to get wet, and always dry lying on its side or, if you can manage, at a downward angle. I've not noticed any smell from my blush brush, so maybe not all the brushes have that problem?