Garnier Fructis Color Resist Fortifying Cream Conditioner for Colored Hair

3.1

on 5/18/2011 2:26:00 PM

I just reviewed the shampoo, too. I recently dyed my hair closer to my natural color to give it a break, but for about four years I dyed it various colors fairly regularly. I used this and the shampoo pretty much the whole time. I love it - it keeps my hair nice and soft and helps retain the dye. The only reason I'm not giving it a 5/5 is the new scent formula and the fact that they did away with the original altogether - I liked it so much better!

on 7/27/2010 1:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this product while I was on vacation. I usually use Pantene or Kerastase, but I forgot to pack either conditioner. Big mistake. I've been using the Garnier for 3 days straight and my hair feels like straw. Yikes! Seriously, I think that I will have to have some deep conditioning treatments to reverse the damage.

on 4/27/2010 3:55:00 PM

I used this last summer when I had bleached blonde hair and was working outdoors, with the matching shampoo.
They were awesome at the time, really prevented my hair from yellowing or looking brassy.
However, I'm using it now..and it must be the conditioner, that is making my hair so greasy. I have very fine hair and it's recently been becoming greasy quickly throughout the day...which is just not okay with me.

A great summer shampoo/conditioner set...don't think I'll be using it this summer since my hair is dark now but I totally reccomend it for blondes in the sun. Its affordable and will protect your hairr.

Blech! It made my fine hair look greasy and frizzy! Glycerin is near the top of the ingredient list, so eventhough it's low on the 'cones, it's still too heavy.

on 9/28/2009 10:47:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is a decent conditioner for my fine, long hair. It tends to be a bit heavy since it's a cream conditioner, but it detangles my hair without making it overly limp. I purchased my bottle at deep discount for 99 cents, but I know it usually goes for $2-4/bottle which is pretty standard for drugstore hair care. Overall I prefer a more liquid conditioner because of the texture of my hair, so I wouldn't repurchase this.

I bought this product before I went on my yearly vacation to Hawaii so that I had at least SOME protection for my hair in the hot hot sun. The shampoo of this is really nice, but the conditioner really dries my hair out. Not even leave-in conditioner plus a shine serum could help my hair out here..it felt like straw! DONT BUY IT!

on 10/21/2008 10:30:00 AM

I really like this product. I've used this with the matching shampoo for about 6 months. I have whole-head color (dark brown) and this keeps it fresh and new-looking for 8-12 weeks. After all my disasters with more expensive brands (the worst for me was Joico) and the fact that it's costing an awful lot to order and ship my Alfaparf, this was a welcome change.

I'm really sorry that other people have had trouble with this product - this was great for me and it's so nice to save some $$ on a beauty product once in a while.

The conditioner is pretty thick, and I seem to do better if I leave it in for 5 minutes, rather than three. I also comb it through. I have a lot of hair but it's pretty fine, so I have to watch most products so it doesn't get greasy and weighed down, but this worked just fine.

I do use Garnier's conditioning masque for colored hair as well, at least 2x a week.

Sometimes the cap is a little hard to undo in the shower with wet hands, but that's my only complaint.

This is the best conditioner I have ever used. My hair, which has sustained a lot of chemical dye damage, was super shiny, as opposed to it's regular shade, 'dull'. It didn't weigh down my immensely fine hair like almost every other conditioner I've ever tried. It smells great, and it's cheap. I will be using this product for years to come.

on 9/5/2008 11:28:00 PM

I bought this without reading reviews on it since I figured it couldn't be that bad. It was horrible. NEVER BUY ANYTHING WITHOUT CHECKING MAKEUPALLEY FIRST! It's such a waste of my money.

As a poor college student this was not cheap for me. I normally don't buy things unless I absolutely NEED it!

Anyways, enough about my ranting about how poor I am as a college student. =P

First off, my complain is that the bottle is too flimsy. If you squeeze it to get the conditioner out, it will remain that way and does not go back. They should consider using a hard screw cap or something, it's really annoying.

Secondly, the conditioner is really thick and heavy and greasy. When I put it in my hair it clumps my hair up into pieces and does not spread evenly. This is even worse when I put it on dry hair. Wet hair it's just as bad, but not as noticeable since it somewhat blends in with the wetness.

It leaves my hands feeling extremely greasy, and it's difficult to remove. My hair feels greasy and oily rather than soft and silky. I don't think it's really moisturizing either because the only good thing about this is the smell, I suppose. People come asking what I use and...yeah.

on 6/11/2008 1:56:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this conditioner. I have thick wavy hair with highlights. This smells wonderful and keeps my hair moisturized. When I first got it, I was using too much which made my hair feel weighed down - but, less is more for me with this conditioner. I would repurchase.