April 16, 2014 | 1510 users online

Treatments - Neutrogena - T-Sal Therapeutic Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2013 12:15:00 PM More reviews by amourx3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff works really well! I don't suffer from dandruff, but I have a smelly scalp due to hormonal changes even though I wash my hair everyday. Let me tell you, this works great in terms of balancing out your scalp, getting rid of odor, and keeping your scalp health. It also gets rid of scalp acne and makes your hair feel very soft.

I first wash and leave it in my hair for around 3-4 minutes. Then I wash again with my head and shoulders soft and silky shampoo. The combination together has made my husband happy. He says that my hair finally smells nice again. He said that my hair also seems to be softer and healthier. I'm very happy with this product.

For those wondering, I have thick and coarse asian hair that gets oily if I don't wash it every day.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2013 12:20:00 AM More reviews by wilddkat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff is amazing for scalp build up and minor dandruff! I've had dandruff for years. I remember in elementary school when we would get our lice inspections, and the nurse would sit there digging through my hair then announce, in front of all the other kids, "Looks like you have some dandruff, hun". And after being humiliated time and time again, I finally talked to my dermatologist, who recommended T-Sal. NOT T-Gel, which is the single most disgusting thing I have ever used/smelled. T-Sal, which makes my scalp flake-free and clean thanks to the salicylic acid. Highly recommend this to all you minor dandruff sufferers. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2012 1:23:00 AM More reviews by blankdreams

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was okay but it didn't work as well as I had anticipated. I just finished the bottle and bought T/Gel to try out since this didn't work too well for me. It didn't help whatsoever with my dandruff. This definitely helped with build up, though! My hair feels really clean after using it -- which may be mistaken for feeling dry, but I really like the deep cleaning aspect of it.

Also, it doesn't smell near as bad as T/Gel. It actually kind of smells like chocolate to me...although my mom doesn't think it does. Either way, it definitely doesn't smell as bad as T/Gel.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2011 11:48:00 PM More reviews by gerlygerl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

An esthetician recommended this for my acne, so I've been using it as a face wash in the mornings. The 3% salicylic acid is stronger than the percentage in any face product I've seen. It's a gel, and I was afraid it would be stripping since every other gel face cleanser strips my skin, but it's not. I wash with the T-Sal then use a wet microfiber washcloth after I step out of the shower, and my usually flaky and peeling skin (thank you, Tazorac) is much smoother.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2010 2:01:00 AM More reviews by xoxsarahoxo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

i started using this with great success BUT i did notice that my hair was falling out more than usual. after studying the ingredients, i found the ingredient SODIUM C14-16 OLEFIN SULFONATE to be really bad. stay far away!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2010 6:16:00 PM More reviews by MelissaIsTheBest

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Only started a week ago because I had a scalp itch with no dandruff (or lice). I brought up 3 products to the pharmacy-consult-counter that looked like they could help me. This is the one the gal said she had used in the past and could name reasons why others weren't as useful.

I use it every night with no conditioner and my "itchies" are about 85% better. After I'm 100% for a few days I'll use it less and less but it's definitely a KEEPER in my bathroom. It is a little "mediciny" smelling, so I smear a very strong scented hand lotion (VS Amber Romance) on my hair after it is dried.

I am planning on donating my hair to Locks of Love in August and was worried I wouldn't be able to - don't want to send them something if I have some weird condition. It really looks like I'll be able to donate again, which makes me VERY happy!

ALSO, I think my acne is clearing up because of this shampoo... LOVE IT! <3

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2010 2:01:00 AM More reviews by KatGib

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was absolutely awful. It left a disgusting residue in my hair, it didn't manage to relieve or even control flakes. Just made my hair flat with embarrassing dandruff. Absolute waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2009 12:51:00 PM More reviews by soopinkk

Finally! A product that works. I have dandruff and I'm so self conscious about it because my hair is dark brown and it is so noticeable. I used to get little dandruff flakes, but about a year ago they started to get really big and just nasty looking. Anywho, I've tried Head and Shoulders, Selsun Blue, Neutrogena T/Gel's and none of those worked. I decided to try this product instead and I love it! I used it for the first time last night and I'm totally loving my hair. So far there are no flakes and since it clears scalp build up, my hair is so shiny. The smell isn't as bad as people are saying because it's not strong and the smell doesn't stay on your hair. I will definitely be buying this whenever I'm out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2008 3:25:00 AM More reviews by jennstarr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I originally bought this to help with my scalp breakouts...yes, scalp breakout. It has 3% salicylic acid as the active ingredient and has a very short list of ingredients.

It worked very well on my scalp when used with the coordinating conditioner (please note : I have really short hair). What a fantastic discovery to figure out that it works very well on my face too! It isn't recommended for that use (nor does it say NOT to use it on the face either!) - but I just tried it out of desperation during a bad breakout. I have very finicky facial skin...oily, dry, acne prone (luckily no wrinkles) - and this didn't irritate it and really calmed the blemishes. I wouldn't use it regularly, I would imagine it can be drying, but it didn't sting or burn like other SA cleansers. Worth a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2008 1:10:00 AM More reviews by chrissycrazy4

I use the generic brand version (equate).

First off, I have been using this T/Sal for several years as my dandruff medication. I rotate T/Sal with T/Gel (coal tar) and your standard generic head and shoulders dandruff shampoo. This keeps my dandruff AND dry skin down in the summer, while in the winter my scalp is a bit more dry so it's not as effective then on the dry skin. Just make sure you scrub and work it into the scalp and leave it on - I usually let it sit on my scalp for 3-4 minutes.

I am also with several other people on this one. I recently (after reading the reviews here) started using it as an acne wash for my back and chest. It really cleared up my back acne (whiteheads and some cysts) pretty quickly, from raised to level and now they're diminishing more. It maybe be a little harsh for the acne on my chest, but it's not too bad, I just don't apply as much there. so 5 lippies on being a great dandruff and acne wash as well!!

Edit June '08: It seems like the Equate version doesn't work very well on back acne after my initial clear-up. I was getting really irrated back there. Now I wash with Equate oil free acne wash which works all right. My small amount 'bacne' usually flares up when I'm meeting with my monthly 'friend'. Go figure.