Neutrogena T-Sal Therapeutic Shampoo

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (3%) (Anti-dandruff) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Linoleamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Polyquaternium 22, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Citrate

on 2/9/2015 7:07:00 PM

This is no frills, doesn't smell like anything great, and the packaging is not cute. But it's amazing! I had such an itchy scalp and could scratch off gunk all the time (gross, I know) and I felt like my scalp always smelled. Now my scalp feels clean, but my hair is never dry and I am so happy with it. Not sure if it's related, but my hair has also been growing a lot faster since using this. It used to take 4 months to grow an inch, and I swear my growth has doubled. Maybe it's because my scalp is cleared of gunk?

on 4/18/2013 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This stuff works really well! I don't suffer from dandruff, but I have a smelly scalp due to hormonal changes even though I wash my hair everyday. Let me tell you, this works great in terms of balancing out your scalp, getting rid of odor, and keeping your scalp health. It also gets rid of scalp acne and makes your hair feel very soft.

I first wash and leave it in my hair for around 3-4 minutes. Then I wash again with my head and shoulders soft and silky shampoo. The combination together has made my husband happy. He says that my hair finally smells nice again. He said that my hair also seems to be softer and healthier. I'm very happy with this product.

For those wondering, I have thick and coarse asian hair that gets oily if I don't wash it every day.

on 2/18/2013 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This stuff is amazing for scalp build up and minor dandruff! I've had dandruff for years. I remember in elementary school when we would get our lice inspections, and the nurse would sit there digging through my hair then announce, in front of all the other kids, "Looks like you have some dandruff, hun". And after being humiliated time and time again, I finally talked to my dermatologist, who recommended T-Sal. NOT T-Gel, which is the single most disgusting thing I have ever used/smelled. T-Sal, which makes my scalp flake-free and clean thanks to the salicylic acid. Highly recommend this to all you minor dandruff sufferers. :)

on 2/5/2012 1:23:00 AM

This was okay but it didn't work as well as I had anticipated. I just finished the bottle and bought T/Gel to try out since this didn't work too well for me. It didn't help whatsoever with my dandruff. This definitely helped with build up, though! My hair feels really clean after using it -- which may be mistaken for feeling dry, but I really like the deep cleaning aspect of it.

Also, it doesn't smell near as bad as T/Gel. It actually kind of smells like chocolate to me...although my mom doesn't think it does. Either way, it definitely doesn't smell as bad as T/Gel.

on 10/15/2011 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

An esthetician recommended this for my acne, so I've been using it as a face wash in the mornings. The 3% salicylic acid is stronger than the percentage in any face product I've seen. It's a gel, and I was afraid it would be stripping since every other gel face cleanser strips my skin, but it's not. I wash with the T-Sal then use a wet microfiber washcloth after I step out of the shower, and my usually flaky and peeling skin (thank you, Tazorac) is much smoother.

on 9/19/2010 2:01:00 AM

i started using this with great success BUT i did notice that my hair was falling out more than usual. after studying the ingredients, i found the ingredient SODIUM C14-16 OLEFIN SULFONATE to be really bad. stay far away!

Only started a week ago because I had a scalp itch with no dandruff (or lice). I brought up 3 products to the pharmacy-consult-counter that looked like they could help me. This is the one the gal said she had used in the past and could name reasons why others weren't as useful.

I use it every night with no conditioner and my "itchies" are about 85% better. After I'm 100% for a few days I'll use it less and less but it's definitely a KEEPER in my bathroom. It is a little "mediciny" smelling, so I smear a very strong scented hand lotion (VS Amber Romance) on my hair after it is dried.

I am planning on donating my hair to Locks of Love in August and was worried I wouldn't be able to - don't want to send them something if I have some weird condition. It really looks like I'll be able to donate again, which makes me VERY happy!

ALSO, I think my acne is clearing up because of this shampoo... LOVE IT! <3

on 3/17/2010 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This was absolutely awful. It left a disgusting residue in my hair, it didn't manage to relieve or even control flakes. Just made my hair flat with embarrassing dandruff. Absolute waste of money.

on 10/19/2009 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Finally! A product that works. I have dandruff and I'm so self conscious about it because my hair is dark brown and it is so noticeable. I used to get little dandruff flakes, but about a year ago they started to get really big and just nasty looking. Anywho, I've tried Head and Shoulders, Selsun Blue, Neutrogena T/Gel's and none of those worked. I decided to try this product instead and I love it! I used it for the first time last night and I'm totally loving my hair. So far there are no flakes and since it clears scalp build up, my hair is so shiny. The smell isn't as bad as people are saying because it's not strong and the smell doesn't stay on your hair. I will definitely be buying this whenever I'm out.

on 8/13/2008 3:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I originally bought this to help with my scalp breakouts...yes, scalp breakout. It has 3% salicylic acid as the active ingredient and has a very short list of ingredients.

It worked very well on my scalp when used with the coordinating conditioner (please note : I have really short hair). What a fantastic discovery to figure out that it works very well on my face too! It isn't recommended for that use (nor does it say NOT to use it on the face either!) - but I just tried it out of desperation during a bad breakout. I have very finicky facial skin...oily, dry, acne prone (luckily no wrinkles) - and this didn't irritate it and really calmed the blemishes. I wouldn't use it regularly, I would imagine it can be drying, but it didn't sting or burn like other SA cleansers. Worth a try.