August 1, 2014 | 932 users online

Lip Gloss - Burt's Bees - Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers - Raisin

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2012 2:02:00 AM More reviews by TarinM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favourite Burt's Bee's lip shimmer, I see it as a berry/gold colour. I wear it nearly every day. A lot people say it's very dark and over the top, but I have really pale skin and I don't feel that way about it, it just seems to brighten my natural lip colour. Having said that I tend to dab it on lightly, not smear it on thick. I have yellow based skin as well so cool colours don't look very good on me but I don't see this as a cool shade, it has a bit of a gold shimmer to it which I think suits warmer skin tones. Perhaps it's one of those shades that looks different on everyone. The other good thing about it is it leaves a stain so I don't often have to reapply it.

The downsides would be that I also don't like the peppermint oil smell, people must think I'm always brushing my teeth or eating tic tacs, I think it also makes the formula drying and can get in my nose and make me sneeze. I also wouldn't really call it a moisturising lip balm or anything, it's more just a colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2012 1:40:00 AM More reviews by ladybug151

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE this product and color. People 1st look at the color like most look(ed) @ Cliniques Black Honey. It looks Goth in the tube, but when you put it on it looks like a glossy crushed berry stain. The color would compliment any skin tone and it is 99% all natural. The staying power is pretty good for a gloss but be careful IF you apply too much, it will stick to your teeth. So blot and follow up w/ balm or gloss or put it on, stick your index finger between your lips and pull your finger out and you'll get all the residual that would stick to your teeth off. This color is the best. 4.99 USD how can you beat the price?

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2012 6:24:00 PM More reviews by jen0farc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Agree with other reviewers that the color is a bit intense and bright. Would possibly work for nighttime, but I like my lipbalms to be of the "put on without a mirror in a pinch and go" variety, so one with this saturated a color just doesn't work for me. Love the product, just not the color.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2011 11:55:00 PM More reviews by lemonz4us

I love and hate this product, it's a very dark red that most people can NOT pull off, but i can. my lips pull red when hydrated or rubbed. I just have to take some of it off. Or use only one swipe, and my lips look bitten and gorgeous red. i hate the twist in the tube as the shimmer doesnt go down with it, you have to sometimes push it down which sucks cuz you get your fingers all ugly, but whatever. i DO like the skinny tube. I hate the peppermint oil in this, ANYTHING PEPPERMINT or EUCALYPTUS or MENTHOL will actually DEPLETE moisture levels in lips making them appear ugly and dry so BLEH i hate that oil but whatever. i Usually put a base coat of something hydrating on, like Eco lips lip balm in Hemp, then i put that on for a wash of color,and finish with some JAck black for more moisture and Sun Protection, (SPF is a must). then i take the excess off the sides of my mouth so it doesnt look so garish, off my cupids bow ( so it doesnt look obvious im wearing a color --im male btw) gently blot with a tissue, and purse my lips together to redistribute the color evenly, then i have perfect kissable hydrating lips. lovely. I dont notice any shimmer particles in this at all. no problem with that. To the Reviewer on top who said this made their lips DRY, maybe youre not hydrating yourself enough or using a moisturizing balm.
if youre looking for good moisture from this HAHAHAHA Wrong! this product is poor for hydration, it's meant for sheer pop of color, nothing else. Burt's Bees lip products fair poor in my experience, to condition or heal lips, i hate them for that reason.
Great product for people who want to experiment with lip colors, theyre not too expensive compared to a lipstick.
If youre finding this shade a little TOO intense, try the 'FIG' shade instead, it's less intense but still you can build up a nice bitten lip with it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/12/2011 4:44:00 AM More reviews by astiam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually don't like the taste of peppermint because it lingers in my mouth too.. it's just a tad bit too strong. The colour also doesn't match my skin tone it's a bit towards the bright deep red, I actually prefer the tinted lip balm over this. Don't even like how the shimmer looks, it doesn't look too natural. Sorry to sound so judgemental.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2011 7:20:00 PM More reviews by Aishteru85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Umm, I bought this a week ago and has been testing it out since. When I received the parcel, I was quite surprised that the packaging is really small. By small I mean the tube is really slender and is half the size of a normal lip balm. When the cap is opened, it gives off a delicious vanilla-minty smell. That alone tempted me to put this on. I however do not like the fact that, this was a very pigmented lip color. It is a deep burgundy-reddish hue that is slightly less thicker than a lipstick.

For reference, I am an NC35, I find that the color is too garish and loud and because i have mauve pigmented lips this made it worse. Yes as other reviewers have stated, you can tone it down by just applying a thin layer. I tried this to avoid the color being too loud, but I did not get the full moisturizing properties of this lip shimmer. This isnt the most moisturizing lip product i have tried, the consistency is rather creamy and the color is too loud. Not only that, it stays on for about 3 hours without eating or drinking before my lips felt tight, and had to reapply despite slathering a few layers in the beginning. I also hate the minty tingling on my lips, it lasted for a good hour before disappearing. That being said, this is probably suitable for those who dont have chapped lips to begin with as i find it isnt really hydrating. and for that reason, i would not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2011 2:35:00 AM More reviews by TheReviewLady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

The reviewer below me said it: this isn't raisin, it's a dark, cool-toned berry. I have a neutral-warm complexion and bluish pigmented lips. I don't think this lip shimmer suited me, in fact it's hard for me to find a flattering colour in the whole line because the shades are either too orange or too cool-toned for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2010 9:50:00 PM More reviews by delicateskin

I love this product. It's one of my favorite colors. It can be a little intense but I tone it down by putting it on lightly then blotting/applying clear gloss over it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2009 6:28:00 AM More reviews by calysojade

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this in place of lipstick for I don't know how long. I was really shocked when I saw the negative reviews on it. The color can be a bit intense but if you use it right it looks very nice. I extremely fair skinned, think Rose McGowan porcelain fair, and I don't find it overwhelming at all. I always apply it with a light hand and find it works well for a full makeup look or just some mascara during the day. I usually use a lip balm with it during the day so that makes it very sheer. My grandmother also uses this and she has a more olive complexion but it works just as well for her. I would definitely give this a shot just be prepared for a darker shade and use balm with it if you want a more sheer look.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2009 4:04:00 PM More reviews by shannon804

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

No shimmer (even though it's called a "lip shimmer"?). If you dab on just a little, it's a pretty sheer color, but it was very drying on my lips. The tube would not allow me to twist the product down, which got quite irritating. Personally, I find all of the Burt's Bees products to be garbage, and this was no exception.