April 23, 2014 | 1869 users online

Treatments - Sally Hansen - Nail Growth Miracle

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by SavannahMurdock

I really like this product. Although I have not really noticed it making my nails growing a lot faster, it does make them so much stronger! The no longer peel and break , which is awesome because that have been so weak my whole life. Now I can finally grow out my nails without them breaking. All in all, this is a good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2013 12:46:00 PM More reviews by SepiaRose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is really good stuff, I was surprised by how well it works. I never have high hopes for nail strengtheners/growth products because I remember trying lots of them in my high school days and never getting the results the bottles claimed I would. But Sally Hansen has always had a pretty good track record so I gave this a shot. I only used it once a week instead of every other day the way the bottle says and I still had good results. It didn't flake and chip off as much as I thought it would and in a week I saw results. After two I was sold. My nails (and hair) grow pretty quickly but are brittle due to PCOS and this has helped a lot. I'll def keep using this.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2013 11:28:00 AM More reviews by lizi357

This is a good product. I have used various Sally products and this is one of the best one. They used to have one called "Diamond Strength" I believe, and that was the best one for me. This would have to be their runner-up. My mom is a manicurist and she uses this on her clients. TIPS: You have to PUSH your cuticles back with your nail everyday if you want your nails to grow as much as possible. I highly recommend doing this in the shower everyday or every other day. And once in a while rub lotion around the crease of your cuticles to keep them from getting rough and sticking. Also, file your nails down, don't cut them. This will keep them strong. I have very nice, long nails and these methods have always worked on me and all of my mom's clients.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2012 2:03:00 AM More reviews by bvmorris

I've been using this for my nails, not as frequently as advised, but it still made quite an improvement in my nails health and growth. The dropper is kind of ridiculous, I too had to use it as a dipper and rub it off the sides. Also, it would be nice to be able to see through the bottle to the product. BUT I WANT TO SHARE SOMETHING FANTASTIC. Every since I had my (now 2 year old) son my skin has been horrrrribbblleee. I just hate it, I have always had fairly clear skin, & for the past year especially I've been having horrible breakouts, uneven skin, wrinkles, dry skin, etc. etc. etc.... I don't know what possessed me to do this in the first place, but I put some on my face just a few spots at first then all over- the difference is freakin incredible- wrinkles=GONE. redness/uneveness=GONE my blemishes are healing SO quickly it's *ridiculous*. Weird as heck, but I'm pretty excited! :P

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2012 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Schristal

I used to be a nail bitter and finally quit the habit so I have been using this for my nail growth support. I dont know about anybody else but i am seeing big improvements after apply this...dont really like the gel feeling if it though. Dont like the doppler either. Anyway, my nails were brittle during its growth, kept breaking, it was fragile but after applying this daily it got better over time. Good product overall.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/15/2012 11:22:00 PM More reviews by lolaboo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a silly product, It was expensive for a weird applicator that seemed like it didn't get on the product at all. It came as a gel and didn't dry at all it just sat there until it rubbed off on me/things around me. It was moisturizing to my cuticles though, but sadly, nothing for my nails. Won't be seeing me with this product any time soon!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2012 12:37:00 AM More reviews by olslis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i can't figure out what the company was thinking with the bottle design--this is a thick gel/serum in an odd shaped bottle that comes with an angled dropper that can't seem to pick the serum up. i have to use the dropper as a dipper, and rub the product on my nails from the sides of the dropper. Why not just desiign it with a brush like nail polish?

And for around $10, i'm not even sure how full this little bottle is---it seems not to last more than a two weeks. Does it make my nails grow? Not sure about that, but i do have to say that it seems to be a very good cuticle cream. I would like to keep using it, but am so annoyed by the bottle design. i think i'll try to find another similar product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2012 12:46:00 AM More reviews by bandella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Let me preface this by saying that my nails suck. They're thin, brittle, and prone to splitting, and they grow at an agonizingly slow pace. I'm also a lifelong nail biter/picker, so that def. doesn't help. Up until about a couple months ago, I wore acrylics for several months. The plan was to just wear them long enough to let my natural nails grow out, then remove them and start over with my real nails. Of course, no one told me that your nails get ruined by acrylics and then you end up reapplying them to cover up the mess they leave behind...it really is a vicious cycle.

So finally, I swore off acrylics, found some self-control, and decided to grow my nails out the hard way. I first tried NutraNail 5-7 Day Growth, and while I thought it smelled nice (I'm odd, okay?) it didn't do anything for my nails. At all. And that was even after applying it 2-3 times a day for almost a month. I'm too cheap to shill out for Nailtiques (sp?), so I decided to try this, and man, I am blown away. This is only day 3 (thus, my second application), but I'm in love. My nails really are visibly longer than they were to begin with -- not very much at all, but enough that I have little tiny white tips again, which is a miracle enough in itself for me. But what has really surprised me, and what I wasn't at all expecting, was for them to end up like Wolverine's claws. Seriously, I think I could be in one of those commercials where the woman opens pop cans with her nails without damaging them at all. It's insane. They're also exceptionally shiny now, which is a nice bonus.

So, yes. Growth: check! Shiny: check! Strength: HECK YEAH. That might change once they grow out a bit more, as they're right at the tips of my fingers now, but I remain hopeful.

Like others have said, my only gripes are the price (though if it keeps performing this well, whatever, I'll deal) and the packaging. The gold bottle, while pretty and appealing to my cat-like fascination with bright, shiny stuff, makes it impossible to see how much product is left. As well, the consistency is really thick, but also very fast drying, so it's v. easy to end up shellacking your nails without even meaning to. Then again, it could be that this thick consistency is what's turning my nails into adamantium or something, so I'm not sure if that's a legit complaint or not.

I didn't notice any peeling or chipping until today, but it was time to reapply anyway so it didn't matter.

EDIT: I found my original bottle of this stuff a few days ago. It didn't dry up in the bottle, but it did turn into a very thick, gooey, glue-like substance that's next to impossible to apply. So if you're like me and you tend to either be very slow with using polish or you tend to lose things, don't expect it to hold up well after a couple years. But other than that, I'm still very happy with it and will continue to buy it.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2012 3:04:00 AM More reviews by pwincessmb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I have been using this for 3 weeks and I havn't noticed anything yet... I have been following the instructions by putting polish on my nails every other day and my nails have not grown at all. I wish I did work I did spend $9 bucks on it :( So I am still trying it I will prob post again but so far nothing yet :( I probably would not buy this product again and I wouldn't recommened it to anyone if nothing happens

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2012 12:57:00 AM More reviews by saraxsmile

This is no MIRACLE, but my nails did grow. However, they didn't grow as long or as fast as I thought they would (based on the glowing reviews for this product I had high hopes). This product wasn't completely terrible though, and they really didn't strengthen my nails against breaking and splitting. It dried fast and wasn't too thick and goopy like some topcoats can be. Overall, I would not get this again, as I feel like its a waste of money. In the future I think I'll try Orly nail defense or butter London horsepower.