September 17, 2014 | 1769 users online

Shampoo - Alberto Vo5 - Oasis

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2006 8:10:00 PM More reviews by sweet_sorrow123

I didn't expect this stuff to be so bad! (I bought the pink one, shampoo and conditioner) The smell is sort of acidic in a way and it didn't leave my hair clean. at all! really disapointed, alberto usually has some great shampoos. Even the packaging leaked! Double boo.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2006 11:48:00 AM More reviews by Myaspace

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried all of Oasis. I thought that I found the best drugstore shampoo. I really liked the price. I have used them for 4 or 5 months.

However,,,,I noticed it is very artificial, chemical cheap shampoo.
I am using the natural shampoo (the price is over $10, I hate the price) now and I see the big difference. My hair is much better. I have long hair and it is important for me to have very healthy hair. Not good enough.

I prefer paying little more if my hair stays in a better condition.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2005 11:46:00 PM More reviews by trixia

it's funny because i remember being a part of the focus group that helped develop this product, so naturally, i had to buy it when it hit the shelves.
i must say that i'm a tad disappointed.
although it's great for shine and manageability, i bought the 'revive and shine' water lily and vitamin e (shamp & conditioner) in the pink bottle, and it makes my hair start to feel greasy and limp the evening after I've washed it.
the only product that i put into it after shampooing is Aussie leave in conditioner + mousse, but i find that, by the end of the next day, my hair has lost volume.
it's cheap and, perhaps, great for someone with dry/damaged hair (hence the vitamin e), but not for those of us with normal hair.
it smells like candy, but the scent isn't long-lasting like herbal essences.
the price point is great, so maybe one of the other formulations will work better for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2005 7:06:00 PM More reviews by syntaxserpent

I tried this in Lavender & Camomile, and it works fantastic! My hair always looks really clean and shiny when it dries, and smells really good too. Also, it doesn't dry out my hair like lots of other shampoos have, and it's just altogether an excellent product

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2005 2:50:00 PM More reviews by happygirl1

Based on the reviews here, I had to try the Jasmine and Aloe shampoo and conditioner. I had previously tried the Citrus one, and although it was great at first, it seemed to dry my hair out. I always thought they were all the same, with different scents, but that is NOT the case with the Oasis line at all it seems! I've been using the Jasmine and Aloe shampoo and conditioner for a week now, and I am so happy with the results! I had been looking for an everyday shampoo and conditioner, but everything seemed to fail. I use my Kerastase Bain Satin 1 once a week, which I LOVE, but I didn't want to use it everyday due to price and the fact that dimethicone seems to be the third ingredient, which can build up if used every day. When I first squeezed the Jasmine and Aloe shampoo into the palm of my hand, it was a light pearly color, not clear like the Citrus one was. I was happy already, because clear ones seem to be more drying. Usually, it takes a LOT of shampoo to get my hair to lather (hard water doesn't help), but this shampoo lathered up incredibly! I was shocked, but so happy! After rinsing, my hair felt soft, silky, and moisturized. It's a great sign when it feels great and you haven't even conditioned yet. So, I put in some conditioner and let it stay on for about 2 minutes. When I rinsed, my hair felt light, bouncy, totally de-tangled (and my fine, wavy hair is very tangle prone), and soft! Combing it out once I was out of the shower was a breeze! I even lose a lot less hair strands when combing my wet hair now. I blow dry my hair smooth, and this passed that test too. My hair still felt soft and conditioned on the ends, and my hair is very long. I'm not a Jasmine scent fan, but the scent of this is growing on me. The scent stays in the hair, and I love that. You can find this at your local drugstore for about $1.80-ish, each. GREAT DEAL, and you get a lot of product. I recommend Jasmine and Aloe to anyone with not overly damaged hair. Damaged hair may need more moisture than this can provide. All in all, an excellent drugstore product! EDITED 3/21/05: After a couple of weeks of use, I still love this shampoo and conditioner! It doesn't seem to build up and it feels great. Truly a great deal for your money. I only recommend this in Jasmine & Aloe. I didn't like the Citrus one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2005 2:39:00 PM More reviews by ADELANOVAL

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING FOR THE ALBERTO VO5 SMOOTH & SOOTHE, W/HONEY & ALMOND SCENT OASIS NOURISHING HAIR SHAMPOO, BUT IT'S NO WHERE TO BE FOUND, SO I DECIDED TO TRY THE ONE CALLED
"REFRESHING & REPLENISHING" W/JAZMIN & ALOE (GREEN BOTTLE)
AND IT IS JUST SIMPLY DELIGHTFUL.
IT IS ACTIVATED BY THE HEAT OF YOUR SHOWER, SO MY HAIR COMES OUT SOFT AND MANEGEABLE AND YOU CAN'T BEAT THE PRICE, AT LESS THAN $2.
THEY HAVE IT READILY AVAILABLE PRACTICALLY EVERYWHERE, SUCH AS: WALGREENS, WAL-MART, K-MART, ETC.
IT SMELLS VERY, VERY NICE.
I ALSO USE IT ON MY DAUGHTER'S LONG HAIR AND...NO COMPLAINTS WITH HER EYES!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2005 5:40:00 PM More reviews by zahnpasta99

I bought this shampoo in the citrus/volumizing kind. I have normal/dry hair and this made my hair really shiny and I loved the smell. After a few days my hair seemed a little dry so I went back to my other shampoo, but I have found this is great for once or twice a week just to clarify your hair. I will definitely repurchase, especially in summer when my hair is somewhat oilier.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2004 12:52:00 AM More reviews by jbeans33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have tried the honey & almond and citrus & vitamin C scents from this line. Since I already reviewed the honey/almond one, I will review the citrus one here. Overall, I definitely prefer the citrusy scent over the honey one. It did a pretty good job of cleansing my hair. It says on the bottle that it is for volumizing. I really didn't notice any real noticeable volume or body in my very thin, baby fine hair after using this. But, then again I have used a TON of volumizing shampoos in the past and have never had any dramatic results from drug store or salon brands alike. I found the citrusy shampoo to be a bit less drying than the honey/almond one which I found strange b/c the honey one is supposed to "soothe & smooth." Anyway, pretty decent shampoo and conditioner for such a cheap price. Good choice for anyone on a budget.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/20/2004 4:48:00 PM More reviews by jmar8176

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I tried the Citrus one of this and it left my hair really dry.I also noticed that my hair got oiler alot faster than normal.Would not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2004 1:51:00 PM More reviews by arvlyn

I tried the sample I got in the mail of the Calm and Condition - lavender and chamomile type last night.

The scent is just your basic generic drugstore brand shampoo scent, nothing like any lavender and/or chamomile scent I've ever smelled.

The shampoo is so weak, I had to use almost the entire packet to even begin to get any lather out of it at all.

My hair looks horrible now. The layers are awful, sticking out everywhere, and it feels really dry.

I'm glad this was only a sample and I didn't even spend the $2 or so on a full size bottle because it's not even worth that.