October 23, 2014 | 1931 users online

Eyeliner - Rimmel - Soft Kohl Kajal Eye Pencil in Jet Black

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2014 4:21:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

Meh, it's ok. I get more smooth-ness, pigment & POP w/ my ELF black pencil liner on my paticular lids. It also won't stay in my (bottom) water-line(s) very long or strong. I'm glad I got it for FREE as it was included in "Scandal Eyes Retro" mascara as I got both as package deal for only $7.90 @Shoppers Drug Mart SALE. I do love the packaging. It's sleek & I like the cap. Will not re-purchase tho.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2014 7:22:00 PM More reviews by kaedegordon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

haiku:

Creamy, very black

Does not give me raccoon eyes

fades in water, heat

ps: i used to think this was my holy grail eyebrow pencil. 6th grade amirite? *uneasily tries to chuckle away months of muddy black sperm brows*

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2014 3:34:00 PM More reviews by xomakeup4ever

This was my first eyeliner. I like how it easily goes on and how I can make the smoky eye look, but it doesn't last very long for me. By the end of the day, the eyeliner would completely disappear and it would get in my inner corners. If I apply it on my lower waterline, it'd stay & look nice. Sadly, I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 2:03:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

This smudged too much all over my eye. Even when set with shadows, powders etc. Will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2014 4:06:00 PM More reviews by allegoriest

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think I overall prefer using liquid eyeliner, but I have this pencil for a more smudgy, smoky look. Unfortunately, I find that this eyeliner pencil smudges more during the course of the day and leaves me with raccoon eyes. Also, the tip often crumbles when sharpening it. Putting it in the freezer for a few minutes first helps.

I can't get this to stick to my waterline. Since it's wooden, the pokey feeling is also pretty unpleasant that close to my eye.

Not sure if I would buy again. Maybe, but I'd probably try some other brands first.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2014 12:52:00 AM More reviews by babyjane14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This past year I discovered the amazingly long lasting Scandaleyes Waterproof Soft Kohl Kajal's from Rimmel and I had this Soft Kohl sitting in my makeup drawer untouched from a gift with purchase. One day I decided to try it and I actually really like it for a softer black.

I started having problems with the Scandaleyes liner in Black gunking up in my inner tear ducts which I absolutely loathe, but this doesn't do that and I find it actually lasts on my waterline for 8+ hours, maybe not as intense as when I first applied it but I still have definition to my waterline at the end of a working day.

Very smooth to apply and doesn't tug at my eyes. I haven't experimented much with this on my upper lash line so I can't say how long it lasts that way but for a standard black pencil liner I'm really happy with this and I've come to favor it over the Black scandaleyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2013 9:22:00 PM More reviews by candiedprozac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

It’s a very soft pencil that swatched well on my hand but does not apply very well to my water line which is my primary use for pencils. I’ll keep it and use it when I’m not looking for a dark waterline but I probably won’t buy it when it’s done.

3/5 Just didn't measure up to less expensive products

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by eimear5sos

Overall I really liked this. It's what you pay for is what you get, but for Rimmel this was quite good. It glides on easily, gives a good black color and you can go casual with one stroke or two , or go full on for a wide eyed look. The price was great, about 4 euro. It really provides for how much it costs. I had no problems with the packaging. I would buy it again, but i'm not too sure if I would recommend it to a friend.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2013 3:20:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Rimmel says their Soft Kohl Kajal will give you "soft, smudgeable lines. Fade resistant colour pencil gives dense colour application which can be blended into the lid of a softly smudged look. Very easy to apply formula." Rimmel offers a total of eight shades, I have Jet Black. I got this eyeliner essentially for free, it came in a value pack along side Rimmel's Lash Accelerator Serum. The value pack sold for $9.99, the price of the lash serum alone. Rimmel's Soft Kohl Kajals contain 1.2 grams of product and sell for $3-5 each, depending on where you buy. This eyeliner is ophthalmologist tested. Rimmel is owned by Coty Inc, a company with a questionable animal testing policy. This product was made in Italy.
Rimmel's Soft Kohls are standard, traditional pencil eyeliners. The barrel is wood and coated to match the color of the product. Luckily, the wood is smooth and doesn't seem to splinter when sharpened. A black plastic cap sits firmly in place atop the pencil. The Rimmel logo, product and shade name are printed on the pencil in silver lettering. I guess there isn't too much else to say about a plain old kohl pencil.
When Rimmel called this eyeliner the "Soft Kohl", they weren't kidding, its almost too soft. This eyeliner glides along the lash line, depositing a pigmented, black line. This eyeliner seemed really promising, initially, but right away I noticed some problems. Rimmel's Soft Kohl is so soft that it bits break off during application and sharpening. At first I thought I was applying too much pressure, but really it seems like this liner is crumbly by nature. Because of this texture issue, this pencil liner needs to be sharpened after just about every use. Kohl eyeliners are supposed to be easily smudged, and Rimmel's Soft Kohl certainly is, it smokes out with little effort but maintains it's color well. Jet Black stays black no matter how much you smudge it. My real problem with Rimmel's Soft Kohl Kajal is that it never fully sets, causing it to smear all over my upper and lower eyelid. I only get about two hours of wear from Rimmel's eyeliner before it begins to melt down my face and eventually fade away. I don't suggest using Rimmel's Soft Kohl on the waterline, it doesn't show up well, nor does it last for more than half an hour.
Rimmel's Soft Kohl Kajal Eyeliner in Jet Black has some strong points, but it also has a lot of negatives. This affordable pencil liner is a breeze to apply and blend. The color payoff is great and the Jet Black shade is a nice, deep, velvety, matte black that stays true even when smudged out. The problem is that this eyeliner never stops smudging, it ends up everywhere. If, by chance, you like the raccoon look, grab Rimmel's Soft Kohl, but otherwise skip it. The Rimmel ScandalEyes Waterproof Kohl Kajals are worth the extra buck or two.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2013 11:35:00 AM More reviews by Lilil95

This eyeliner is so hard it hurts to put it on and once you do it smudges everywhere! I returned it.