Bonne Bell Smooth Shades

Price: $

Price: $

on 7/29/2009 2:39:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This product is discontinued, and I'm not surprised it didn't last very long. I was hoping for a nudeish pink color so I got natural vanilla and it was horrible.

It went chalky like on my lips, very dry looking even over lip balm and I had people that day ask me if I was sick because It made my lips look almost white.

Also, the lid on the tube of lipstick came off and won't go back on and stick, the lipstick broke, and it ended up getting all over the place in my purse.

I was NOT impressed.

However, I am a fan of bonne bell products, I like their lip glosses and eyeshadows but this did NOT make the cut!

on 8/5/2007 4:44:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I'm reviewing the Smooth Vanilla shade, an LE one I believe. This lives in my desk drawer at work because it's a go-with-anything type of pinky nude with shimmer. I can change the look easily with various lipliners and glosses or just apply quickly in my cube, even without a mirror. Packaging is nice and sturdy, silver tube with clear plastic top that fits well (it snaps on) and hasn't cracked in months of use. The reason I'm giving this 4 lippies is the scent. To my nose it's a mix of PlayDough and coffee, although the smell dissipates quickly after it's applied. I would purchase again.

on 3/30/2006 1:11:00 PM

What a pleasant surprise! And what a lovely, durable silver tube! I bought Nearly Nude Vanilla and Sheer Vanilla, which are two shimmery neutral shades which taste great. This is not a long-lasting lipstick, but the texture is very creamy without being sticky -- and I have very dry lips. I am wondering if Bonne Bell has experienced a quality control problem, as I was surprised that other reviewers considered the texture to be quite dry. I must have really lucked out, as the caps fit very snugly and have not once come off in my makeup bag, which is a problem I've occasionally experienced with virtually every other brand, regardless of cost. Will definitely purchase again.

on 8/8/2005 9:01:00 PM

I bought this in Nearly Nude Vanilla. It did smell and taste like lovely, fresh vanilla. However, the consistency of the product was terrible. It was runny and goopy at the same time. It clumped on my lips and was opaque and just gross looking. I could not get it to apply evenly. The shade was a pinky nude, no shimmer. Not a big loss since it was so cheap but I have to say I am almost always disappointed with drugstore purchases.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

No mater what I did I could not get tis to go on smoothly. It just looked streaky and gross. the color was really pretty, a kind of brownish pink but I just can't have these creepy looking lips, no matter how pretty the color!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Ok. This is a weird product for me. I looooove the shade (smooth vanilla this is a nice browny-pinky-peachy shade)and the smell and that's basically it. The staying power is crappy and the packaging SUCKS! I'm sooo seirous. everytime i put it in my purse, the lid just falls right off! Also, the frostiness of this is weird. i would buy it again, tho.

on 5/27/2005 11:07:00 AM

I bought this in Natural Vanilla.

I love Bonne Bell products, they are cheap and great quality esp. for the price.

This l/s is a beautiful sheer pinkish color. i wasnt sure if it would show up, but it does and its gorgeous!

on 4/25/2005 2:34:00 PM

I bought this in Nearly Nude Vanilla which is an LE shade from this summer 2005. It is a nice golden shade wtih shimmer & it doesn't smell like vanilla IMO, but it doesn't smell like gym socks either. Nice and moisturizng but very little color, leaves a nice slick golden shimmer sheen over my lips. (NC20, brown hair, hazel eyes)

I bought this in True Vanilla and I hate it. The smell is just awful, and the product itself is not smooth AT ALL. Rather dry. Will not repurchase.

on 1/19/2005 2:50:00 PM

First off, this smells nice, like vanilla. I have Blush Vanilla, which i would recommend since it has a nice, rosy, natural color. but i expected this to be a lot smoother (i mean it's called SMOOTH shades...) it was a little gritty, and didn't last too long. I would probably repurchase. this is a good, not great product. i love the silver part of the tube..i don't know why they made the top half clear!! You can see all the yucky lipstick smudges. Dumb decision if you ask me....

Recommended for Medium Skin