September 30, 2014 | 1080 users online

Toners - Clarins - Toning Lotion w/ Chamomile for dry or normal skin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2014 4:42:00 AM More reviews by deuxbisous

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've tried this many times over the years and while I've never had a problem with it, I've never entirely fallen in love with it either. I think what's tipped the scales in its favour for me this time is using it in conjunction with the cleansing milk for normal/dry skin. The two together make my skin feel normal and hydrated. I'm happy to have found a place for this in my skincare routine because I've always loved the refreshing cologne-like fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2014 6:45:00 PM More reviews by Immissvixen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Very good product

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2014 6:11:00 PM More reviews by shi1

Thanks to my fellow MUA reviewers I purchased this toner when my local stores ran out of my trusty Caudalie toner. You have not led me wrong! This toner does what it promises and I am pleased with it.

This alcohol-free toner claims to soothe, moisturize, and restore the natural pH balance to skin. I think it delivers on those claims (except I can't be sure for the natural pH thing since I'm no scientist) and it does not clog pores. I either swipe it all over my face on a cotton, or I shake a little into the palms of my hands and pat directly onto my face. Works nicely both ways. It is thicker than water, and doesn't leave behind a sticky feeling. Leaves skin feeling comfortable and nourished, and preps the skin to absorb moisturizer better. The only minor thing I can critique about this lotion is the scent - it has a floral citronella smell to it. It is not unbearable, but its not my favorite scent either. I've gotten used to it over time so its really not that bad.

The packaging is pretty straight forward and simple, nothing to write home about. It dispenses product ok. A smaller spout might give more control when pouring it.

Overall, very satisfied with its performance. Its a no-fuss workhorse of a product. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2014 6:30:00 PM More reviews by sconzzy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I recently bought this for the first time, although I really liked my previous Decleor tonor living in NZ I was finding this hard to get and a pain to order from overseas. So I decided it was time to change to something easier to come by.

Im a bit of a sucker for a good deal and skin care is real expensive here so when I saw a deal for the 400ml cleanser and toner for just more than a 200ml bottle I went ahead and bought them despite never trying them before.

Lucky to say I love this product. Ive always been a bit bla about tonor but this one I LOVE favourite ever, cant imagine Ill ever change.

Why I love it: first the consistency, its not watery! Im not splashing huge amount accidentally all over the cotton wool. This is just a bit thicker and like a wet gel. I also love the pump bottle, makes it easy to not squirt out too much and the smell is amazing.

Then the feel, it is perfect. No tightness, fine up close to the eyes without any stinging, Ive often used to remove day old remnants of eyeliner etc. i also have very sensitive skin and this does not make it red or itch or even feel tight.

Overall really like this. Will deffinitly buy again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2014 1:19:00 PM More reviews by laumar27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my first time using this toner from Clarins and I'm pleased overall with it. It is super gentle and does not cause any irritation to my sensitive/dry skin. Most toners I've used in the past leave my face looking red and flushed after application which made me believe they were causing slight irritation to my skin. Clarins toner for normal & dry skin does not do this! It is extremely soothing and also effective at removing the last traces of any makeup and such from my face. My only gripe is the dispenser hole is way too large causing more product to come out of the bottle if you are not careful! This translates into sometimes using more product then intended, and at 23 USD per bottle, I want this stuff to last as long as possible!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 5:57:00 PM More reviews by Tiggerbear

I am oily in T-zone. My skin doesn't feel tight after washing. Still, the toner feels nice as soon as I apply. My skin seems to say "ahhhhhh". It does not feel sticky or tacky like most toners.. My face looks refreshed and it feels I am not wearing a toner or have something on my skin. It blurs out the dry look on my neck. During winter, the back of my hands are very chapped. This toner helps maintain softness on my hands. I got the 400 ml or 13.5 oz for $38 just after Xmas this year and used 25% so far.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2013 6:13:00 AM More reviews by Ernesha

After trying several different toners I'm planning to stick to this one. It doesn't sting or make my skin feel tight. Also the smell isn't too strong. My skin looked much clearer after about a week.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2013 11:43:00 PM More reviews by lawgirl07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like a lot of other reviewers, I've never been too big on toner - many of them severely dried out my already dry skin, caused my sensitive skin to react or just did nothing and ended up being a big waste of money.

I got a pretty decently sized sample of this product in a Clarins gift bag and due to my skepticism, it sat on my bathroom shelf for a few months before I worked up the courage to use it.

I eventually talked myself into trying it out when my skin was in a strange state - it wasn't misbehaving per se, but it was a bit dull and lifeless. So, assured by the 'no alcohol' and 'for dry skin' promises on the bottle and the reasonably decent MUA reviews, I threw caution out the window and gave it a try.

I have to say, I was amazed. Unlike any other toner I've tried, it didn't sting or make my skin feel 'tight' when I put it on. And the next morning, my skin looked a lot clearer and brighter.
It removed the excess makeup that I my cleanser hadn't gotten rid of (yikes! I'd always thought I cleansed really well) and just left a lovely glow.

I've always had a problem where I'd moisturise before sleeping but by the time I woke up, I'd have a few dry spots. As promised, this toner allows my moisturiser to soak into my skin better and since using it, I've woken up with baby-soft skin.

The conclusion I've gotten from this is that while toner isn't a necessity, using the right toner for your skin type can help boost the power of your serum/moisturiser and give your skin that little bit extra.
It's just a matter of finding the right one.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2013 3:20:00 AM More reviews by lichi79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Love it! It has quenched my dehydrated, rough face. It looks glowing and healthy now. The best part is that after two weeks use, I have not had any allergic reactions to it. It smells and feels very soothing. I love the packaging, oval plastic bottle, better than glass which is heavy and breakable, and the shape makes it ergonomic. After a long search for my ideal toner, I finally found it and I will keep buying from now on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Anna12345

I am usually not a toner person but I received a 100ml sample bottle and used it for a few months during winter. I absolutely LOVE this product. I love how it kept my normal to combination skin hydrated and "calm" during the cooler months (I normally suffer from redness/sensitivity during winter). I love its gentle and soothing scent. And another great thing is that it is alcohol-free which is important for my acne-prone, sensitive skin. I will be purchasing this as soon as my sample bottle runs out.