Clarins Toning Lotion w/ Chamomile for dry or normal skin

4.2

Aqua/Water/Eau, Sorbitol, Oleth-20, Glycerin, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Citrate, Parfum/Fragrance, PEG-8, Alpha-Glucan Oligosaccharide, PEG-32, Lactic Acid, Limonene, Carbomer, Tilia Cordata Wood Extract, Linalool, Tocopheryl Actate, Methylisothiazolinone, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Citral, Geranoil, Citronellol, CI 19140/Yellow 5, BHT

This toner is nice-feeling on the skin, and works well. I actually have normal to oily skin, but for the cooler, drier, months I like to use more gentle/moisturizing toners. This one works well in that regard. Another plus is that it is alcohol-free, However, one possible downside I noticed about this toner is that the texture of the toner is a tad viscous, and so doesn't provide much of a slip across my skin. At least, it is this way when I use a flattened cotton ball dampened with this toner. I have to make sure I have really wetted the cotton ball with it. Otherwise, the cotton ball drags across my skin. Maybe a different type of tool - a pre-flattened cotton pad - would work differently. Another thing I noticed is that it has a slightly baby powdery scent to it. Not a huge problem for me, but I know that for some it is a problem. During the warmer, more humid, months I like to use Origins, green-colored, toner for normal to oily skin. I think I will repurchase this Clarins toner with Chamomile for the fall/winter months. 4 lippies, though, because of the price and because I have to use plenty of it to wipe the cotton ball across my face with ease.

I originally got this product as a sample and then purchased the full size.

I use this toner after I shower to make sure i have removed all my makeup, It also acts as a light night time moisturizer for me.

I do like this product over the clinic toner, but my only comment about this toner is that it smells a bit too strong for me, almost like old ladyish (not to be rude).

The smell of a product plays a big roll in how much I like a product and if I would repurchase it... this smell bothers me enough after such a long time of use that i would not consider this toner again even though I like its quality otherwise.

If you don't mind the scent, I would recommend giving this toner a try! especially for the winter time or for people who like to use light moisturizers.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Got this with as a GWP. Was a bit reluctant to use it as i have young and combo skin that doesn't do well with anything too heavy.However, i really like this toner!

I use it at night after cleansing with the Clarins foaming cleaner. I especially use the toner on my cheeks where my skin gets a bit dry or red after cleansing. It seems to calm and moisturize the skin. This toner has lactic acid in, so is mildly exfoliating, and fades any left over marks from the odd acne spots which is great. It also doesn't leave any residue.

Only downside is its $50 in NZ, a little more than I would like to pay for a toner. Think i'm going to have to repurchase though :)

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I do not understand this product. I've been using it for 2 weeks now, albeit not every day. I can't figure out what it is supposed to be doing for me. It's not a cleanser, not a moisturizer. And my skin doesn't look any different.

PRO's: ?

CON's:
pricey
usefulness=?

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I love this toner! This is one of the few alcohol-free toners out there. It does a great job of removing anything your cleanser left behind while restoring moisture to the skin. It feels so refreshing every time I use it. The scent is amazing too. I wish it came in a pump bottle, but that's a minor complaint. I will definitely repurchase when I run out.

Love everything about this product. The smell, the texture, the effect. Very spa-like experience. I use this once a day, either day or night depending on how my skin feels. Love the calming smell. Softens skin and prepares for moisturizer. Only thing im not loving is the packaging. Troublesome lid.

It is an ok product to use. Does tone the skin without irritating or drying out. What I totally dislike is the smell: very herby, reminding of meds. Simply can't get over it.

I generally have pretty good luck with Clarins products and this toner is another solid item I use from them. It's not HG or anything, but it's a good alcohol free toner that doesn't leave your face sticky. It comes in a plastic bottle with a white cap and the liquid comes out of a little hole in the top. I've never had a problem with the product coming out too fast or too much, I just shake the bottle a couple of times onto a cotton pad and it dispenses the perfect amount. It smells nice, too, a lovely herbal chamomile.

I only use it for one thing, which is to tone my skin in the morning after I "wash" my face with tap water. I don't use it at night to tone because I use an aha/bha exfoliating pad or some sort of retin-a. I like it because my skin feels refreshed and replenished after I finish wiping it with the toner-soaked cotton pad. It also has a little lactic acid in the ingredients, which I like because my skin is oily to normal and I love anything that exfoliates. Overall, a nice, solid product from Clarins that does the job I want it to. It's reasonably priced and you can always buy the larger sized bottles when the counter has them. I usually have one back-up.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

PROs:
Smells nice

CONs:
Just didn't suit my skin. I feel it stripped too much off my dehydrated skin. I think I am better off using the one for sensitive skin. I always get these with GWP. I have about 3 bottles now!!!

I decided to buy this one because I love Clarins a lot, plus chamomile tea always helped with redness and general irritation on my face. However, this irritated my skin quite a lot. It didn't make me break out, but it definitely made my skin red. Wouldn't buy again because of it, but than again, maybe it could work for normal skin, definitely not for dry and/or sensitive.