Clarins Toning Lotion w/ Chamomile for dry or normal skin

Aqua/Water/Eau, Sorbitol, Oleth-20, Glycerin, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Citrate, Parfum/Fragrance, PEG-8, Alpha-Glucan Oligosaccharide, PEG-32, Lactic Acid, Limonene, Carbomer, Tilia Cordata Wood Extract, Linalool, Tocopheryl Actate, Methylisothiazolinone, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Citral, Geranoil, Citronellol, CI 19140/Yellow 5, BHT

on 9/17/2015 5:08:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Got this with as a GWP. Was a bit reluctant to use it as i have young and combo skin that doesn't do well with anything too heavy.However, i really like this toner!

I use it at night after cleansing with the Clarins foaming cleaner. I especially use the toner on my cheeks where my skin gets a bit dry or red after cleansing. It seems to calm and moisturize the skin. This toner has lactic acid in, so is mildly exfoliating, and fades any left over marks from the odd acne spots which is great. It also doesn't leave any residue.

Only downside is its $50 in NZ, a little more than I would like to pay for a toner. Think i'm going to have to repurchase though :)

on 8/4/2015 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I do not understand this product. I've been using it for 2 weeks now, albeit not every day. I can't figure out what it is supposed to be doing for me. It's not a cleanser, not a moisturizer. And my skin doesn't look any different.

PRO's: ?

on 7/27/2015 3:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I love this toner! This is one of the few alcohol-free toners out there. It does a great job of removing anything your cleanser left behind while restoring moisture to the skin. It feels so refreshing every time I use it. The scent is amazing too. I wish it came in a pump bottle, but that's a minor complaint. I will definitely repurchase when I run out.

on 5/26/2015 3:17:00 PM

Love everything about this product. The smell, the texture, the effect. Very spa-like experience. I use this once a day, either day or night depending on how my skin feels. Love the calming smell. Softens skin and prepares for moisturizer. Only thing im not loving is the packaging. Troublesome lid.

It is an ok product to use. Does tone the skin without irritating or drying out. What I totally dislike is the smell: very herby, reminding of meds. Simply can't get over it.

I generally have pretty good luck with Clarins products and this toner is another solid item I use from them. It's not HG or anything, but it's a good alcohol free toner that doesn't leave your face sticky. It comes in a plastic bottle with a white cap and the liquid comes out of a little hole in the top. I've never had a problem with the product coming out too fast or too much, I just shake the bottle a couple of times onto a cotton pad and it dispenses the perfect amount. It smells nice, too, a lovely herbal chamomile.

I only use it for one thing, which is to tone my skin in the morning after I "wash" my face with tap water. I don't use it at night to tone because I use an aha/bha exfoliating pad or some sort of retin-a. I like it because my skin feels refreshed and replenished after I finish wiping it with the toner-soaked cotton pad. It also has a little lactic acid in the ingredients, which I like because my skin is oily to normal and I love anything that exfoliates. Overall, a nice, solid product from Clarins that does the job I want it to. It's reasonably priced and you can always buy the larger sized bottles when the counter has them. I usually have one back-up.

on 3/17/2015 9:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Smells nice

Just didn't suit my skin. I feel it stripped too much off my dehydrated skin. I think I am better off using the one for sensitive skin. I always get these with GWP. I have about 3 bottles now!!!

I decided to buy this one because I love Clarins a lot, plus chamomile tea always helped with redness and general irritation on my face. However, this irritated my skin quite a lot. It didn't make me break out, but it definitely made my skin red. Wouldn't buy again because of it, but than again, maybe it could work for normal skin, definitely not for dry and/or sensitive.

on 9/19/2014 4:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I've tried this many times over the years and while I've never had a problem with it, I've never entirely fallen in love with it either. I think what's tipped the scales in its favour for me this time is using it in conjunction with the cleansing milk for normal/dry skin. The two together make my skin feel normal and hydrated. I'm happy to have found a place for this in my skincare routine because I've always loved the refreshing cologne-like fragrance.

on 9/17/2014 6:45:00 PM