April 21, 2014 | 1991 users online

Toners - Clarins - Toning Lotion w/ Chamomile for dry or normal skin

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2014 1:19:00 PM More reviews by laumar27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my first time using this toner from Clarins and I'm pleased overall with it. It is super gentle and does not cause any irritation to my sensitive/dry skin. Most toners I've used in the past leave my face looking red and flushed after application which made me believe they were causing slight irritation to my skin. Clarins toner for normal & dry skin does not do this! It is extremely soothing and also effective at removing the last traces of any makeup and such from my face. My only gripe is the dispenser hole is way too large causing more product to come out of the bottle if you are not careful! This translates into sometimes using more product then intended, and at 23 USD per bottle, I want this stuff to last as long as possible!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 5:57:00 PM More reviews by Tiggerbear

I am oily in T-zone. My skin doesn't feel tight after washing. Still, the toner feels nice as soon as I apply. My skin seems to say "ahhhhhh". It does not feel sticky or tacky like most toners.. My face looks refreshed and it feels I am not wearing a toner or have something on my skin. It blurs out the dry look on my neck. During winter, the back of my hands are very chapped. This toner helps maintain softness on my hands. I got the 400 ml or 13.5 oz for $38 just after Xmas this year and used 25% so far.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2013 6:13:00 AM More reviews by Ernesha

After trying several different toners I'm planning to stick to this one. It doesn't sting or make my skin feel tight. Also the smell isn't too strong. My skin looked much clearer after about a week.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2013 11:43:00 PM More reviews by lawgirl07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like a lot of other reviewers, I've never been too big on toner - many of them severely dried out my already dry skin, caused my sensitive skin to react or just did nothing and ended up being a big waste of money.

I got a pretty decently sized sample of this product in a Clarins gift bag and due to my skepticism, it sat on my bathroom shelf for a few months before I worked up the courage to use it.

I eventually talked myself into trying it out when my skin was in a strange state - it wasn't misbehaving per se, but it was a bit dull and lifeless. So, assured by the 'no alcohol' and 'for dry skin' promises on the bottle and the reasonably decent MUA reviews, I threw caution out the window and gave it a try.

I have to say, I was amazed. Unlike any other toner I've tried, it didn't sting or make my skin feel 'tight' when I put it on. And the next morning, my skin looked a lot clearer and brighter.
It removed the excess makeup that I my cleanser hadn't gotten rid of (yikes! I'd always thought I cleansed really well) and just left a lovely glow.

I've always had a problem where I'd moisturise before sleeping but by the time I woke up, I'd have a few dry spots. As promised, this toner allows my moisturiser to soak into my skin better and since using it, I've woken up with baby-soft skin.

The conclusion I've gotten from this is that while toner isn't a necessity, using the right toner for your skin type can help boost the power of your serum/moisturiser and give your skin that little bit extra.
It's just a matter of finding the right one.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2013 3:20:00 AM More reviews by lichi79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love it! It has quenched my dehydrated, rough face. It looks glowing and healthy now. The best part is that after two weeks use, I have not had any allergic reactions to it. It smells and feels very soothing. I love the packaging, oval plastic bottle, better than glass which is heavy and breakable, and the shape makes it ergonomic. After a long search for my ideal toner, I finally found it and I will keep buying from now on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Anna12345

I am usually not a toner person but I received a 100ml sample bottle and used it for a few months during winter. I absolutely LOVE this product. I love how it kept my normal to combination skin hydrated and "calm" during the cooler months (I normally suffer from redness/sensitivity during winter). I love its gentle and soothing scent. And another great thing is that it is alcohol-free which is important for my acne-prone, sensitive skin. I will be purchasing this as soon as my sample bottle runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 6:39:00 AM More reviews by Valmerc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great toner.
Evens out skintone, makes it look fresh. Moisturises a bit too.
Comparable to the Lancome toner.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2013 7:48:00 AM More reviews by chooky12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this toner (but then I'm not an avid user of toners) it was a GWP but I'd consider buying it once I'm finished the current one.

I love the smell and it does leave my skin feeling fresh, clean and toned. I like it because it's not as astringent as other toners I've tried (obviously being alcohol free).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2013 2:53:00 PM More reviews by ella343

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not much to this product, it's a light, refreshing toner with a little glycerin and some plant extracts. Smells like chamomile tea. It's nice enough, but I've used toners that were more hydrating, namely Hadalabo.

INGREDIENTS: Aqua/Water/Eau, Sorbitol, Oleth-20, Glycerin, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Citrate, Parfum/Fragrance, PEG-8, Alpha-Glucan Oligosaccharide, PEG-32, Lactic Acid, Limonene, Carbomer, Tilia Cordata Wood Extract, Linalool, Tocopheryl Actate, Methylisothiazolinone, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Citral, Geranoil, Citronellol, CI 19140/Yellow 5, BHT

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2013 12:17:00 AM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Eh. This wasn't great and wasn't terrible either. I have normal/dry skin and use this after the alpine herbs milk cleanser (which is an hg for me). It feels nice but a little sticky on my skin before it dries completely. I honestly don't get the appeal of toners aside from maybe removing all dirt or makeup completely. This is way too expensive given the fact that it didn't have any beneficial effects on my skin.