April 20, 2014 | 1956 users online

Cleansers - MD Forte - Replenish Hydrating Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2011 2:25:00 PM More reviews by sdominguez75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very sensitive, acne-prone skin. I've been using this cleanser for over 5 years now. It is the only cleanser that does not dry or irritate my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/4/2010 10:13:00 PM More reviews by dorilob

Too drying for my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2009 9:51:00 PM More reviews by 00R00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Incredibly drying. Even when my skin was on the oilier side, this cleanser dried it out to the extent of 'taut & shiny'. The one plus is it makes a most excellent make-up remover. Nothing will survive this cleanser, including (for me anyway) any lipids your skin may need to survive.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2008 11:25:00 PM More reviews by yossarian

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Can't believe I haven't reviewed this one already. Got it at the suggestion of my physician's assistant and am very pleased. Gentle and gets my makeup off. Love that it's paraben and fragrance free. Only complaint... wish it didn't have that huge screw top. Not the most convenient in the shower.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2007 7:03:00 PM More reviews by whrlwnd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this cleanser for about a month now and I have to say that I am very impressed by it. I switched to it from my stand-by cleanser Purpose after starting on Differin- I've always liked the Purpose but lately it has been too harsh.
This cleanser lathers up very well- something I like in cleansers. (I've never gotten used to the non-sudsing cleansers like Cetaphil and CeraVe- and I've never felt like they remove all of my makeup.) It removes my makeup well and I never need a toner afterwards. My skin is irritated a bit from the Differin and this cleanser has never stung, burned, or turned my face red.
In addition to removing makeup well and being non-irritating, this cleanser doesn't leave my skin feeling tight and dry like Purpose did. This is what surprised me the most- I expected a foamy cleanser like this to leave my face feeling stripped of all moisture, but it actually makes my skin feel soft and hydrated after I use it. It rinses well, which I also appreciate.
The only con is that it looks like regular white hand soap- but in the scheme of things this doesn't bother me that much.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2007 1:45:00 PM More reviews by vfer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using this cleanser for a few years. I have tried so many so-called "sensitive skin" cleansers that turned out to be irritating. Neutrogena, Olay, etc. I use Renova, so my face can get dry. Though even at the advanced age of 51, I still have to be careful about breakouts.

This cleans my face well. Even removing heavy sunscreens. It doesn't burn or sting my face or eyes. It hasn't broken me out. I don't wear much make-up, so I don't know how it would work with heavy make-up.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2007 8:49:00 AM More reviews by sierrah

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree with all the other reviewers here that this is a very hydrating and soothing cleanser for sensitive skin. I prefer it to Cetaphil which does not remove all my makeup as evidenced by using toner afterward. You only need to use a drop the size of a nickel to wash face and neck. This is good because it goes for around $22.00 for an eight ounce container. However, it does last a very long time. Would love it if they would make a two or four ounce travel size!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2007 3:50:00 AM More reviews by xdivinedollx

My derm recommended this to me along with my Retin-A which makes me skin very sensitive and it is excellent! Cleans well but doesnt strip my skin or make it more dry. It actually does hydrate it and i dont have any flakes on my skin after consistent use, a bit expensive but it lasts a very long time. Will always repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2006 7:33:00 AM More reviews by Winthrop44

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have a very tough time finding a cleanser that does not exacerbate my rosacea by breaking me out or turning me redder. After Paula's Choice reformulated their Skin Recovery Cleanser to include propylene glycol and mineral oil I couldn't use it anymore and was on the hunt for 3 months before finding this cleanser. Replenish Hydrating Cleanser is GREAT for my dry, uber-sensitive rosacea skin. It cleans thoroughly but does not strip or dry out my already dry skin. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2006 4:10:00 AM More reviews by lunamoth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my HG cleanser. I seriously don't know what I would do if this product was ever discontinued. I have been using it for years and it is the only cleanser that doesn't exacerbate my sensitive, breakout-prone, rosacea-prone skin and it cleanses effectively. However, even though this cleanser is my staple cleanser for both morning and evening, I admit that in the evening I use an oil based cleanser to remove makeup and sunscreen, but I always follow a second wash using Replenish Hydrating Cleanser. Will repurchase again and again.